Jamaica
Bolivia
Canada/TT
CR/Honduras

Best possible group for USMNT in my opinion

Peru
Venezuela
Bolivia

Might be good to get a tough group for this tho, would be a good test and if they flame out, it could force them moving on from GGG

Might be good to get a tough group for this tho, would be a good test and if they flame out, it could force them moving on from GGG

I cant imagine that they dont get out of the group considering we were placed in Pot 1 but if they dont, then Berhalter would have to go. So maybe we should root for that?

I cant imagine that they dont get out of the group considering we were placed in Pot 1 but if they dont, then Berhalter would have to go. So maybe we should root for that?
Holy cow. When I first read your post, I thought it was groups and not pots. My heart sunk initially.

That would be one heck of a group!
I mean, it took me until I saw Argentina and Brazil in the same group to realize it wasn’t a group. Lol.

That would be like Real Madrid, Man City, Dortmund and Bayern Munich being in the same UCL group.

On Thursday

Pot 1
USA
Mexico
Argentina
Brazil

Pot 2
Uruguay
Colombia
Ecuador
Peru

Pot 3
Chile
Panama
Venezuela
Paraguay

Pot 4
Jamaica
Bolivia
Canada/TT
CR/Honduras

Best possible group for USMNT in my opinion

Peru
Venezuela
Bolivia
Agreed with you on Peru and Bolivia. Based on early CONMEBOL qualifying, Venezuela may be better than Chile or Paraguay.

They've already released the locations of the US, Argentina, Brazil, and Mexico games as well

Not a bad draw. Uruguay is playing well under Bielsa but should be able to finish ahead of the other two

I would have rather had Peru or Ecuador but I would take Uruguay over Colombia because I think Colombia's speed is a bad matchup. The Quarterfinal is almost a worst-case scenario though because we will play Brazil or Colombia and then one of them in the semis. So it looks like we wont be going past the 1st knockout game, in which case, you have to fire Berhalter.

Also, really disappointed to get 2 CONCACAF teams in our group. They should have made a restriction that you couldn't have more than 2. Uruguay is the only CONMEBOL team. I wanted to go the Atlanta game but I'm not driving down there for a glorified Gold Cup game. What a wasted opportunity for American fans. If they reach the semis, it would be in Charlotte so that's good I guess. I'd go to that but they would basically have to beat Uruguay to finish first and then beat Colombia. I dont see that happening

This is gonna be a struggle to get out of this group. Uruguay is a loss. Bolivia is 50/50. Panama 60/40. The U.S. has a tradition of struggling with South American teams because they are extremely physical and the U.S. has trouble matching that.

Add that we have Derp-a-Derp and well I can see an exit. I'm not saying it will happen, but I won't be shocked to see them lose 2 and win 1.

This is gonna be a struggle to get out of this group. Uruguay is a loss. Bolivia is 50/50. Panama 60/40. The U.S. has a tradition of struggling with South American teams because they are extremely physical and the U.S. has trouble matching that.

Add that we have Derp-a-Derp and well I can see an exit. I'm not saying it will happen, but I won't be shocked to see them lose 2 and win 1.
Bolivia is only good at home at elevation. US usually handles Panama at home. Nothing's guaranteed but the US finished first in their group in 2016, including beating Columbia, and this US team is better than that one.

It is disappointing not to have all new teams to play. Even Uruguay we’ve played recently.

Reactions: Allan McMurray
Bolivia is only good at home at elevation. US usually handles Panama at home. Nothing's guaranteed but the US finished first in their group in 2016, including beating Columbia, and this US team is better than that one.
But those teams didn't have Derp-a-Derp. He is so poor in just about everything, he equalizes most advantages the U.S. has. Point in case, this last game against T&T.

The USA B team took Panama to PKs. I was there. They will beat Panama and Bolivia

I would sign up for an early exit if it meant Berhalter was fired but then who would they replace him with? Probably another MLS coach. So what's the point?
Yeah, that is the fear. You have a purely incompetent Federation that is incapable of doing logical things. Again, I sure wish Hope Solo or Wynalda woulda been able to win the Presidency.

It is disappointing not to have all new teams to play. Even Uruguay we’ve played recently.

We've only played Boliva twice since 1999, both US wins in 2016 and 2018. So they are kinda new.

The US has only lost to Uruguay one time, in 1993. Draws in 2019 and 2022 the only games since 2002.

We've only played Boliva twice since 1999, both US wins in 2016 and 2018. So they are kinda new.

The US has only lost to Uruguay one time, in 1993. Draws in 2019 and 2022 the only games since 2002.
My point is that we are playing in a tourney outside of concacaf, and we have no guaranteed matches vs new teams that we never see. The 3 group play matches are all against teams that we’ve played in recent memory.

The great equalizer for opponents is still present. Panama sure that's a win. Bolivia, is 50/50. Uruguay is a hard no.

I would absolutely LOVE to be proved wrong and hope I am. I just have zero faith in the gaffer.

I don't really follow soccer betting but I would guess US/Bolivia would be like USA win 60%, Draw 20%, Bolivia win 10%. Away from home, Bolivia is El Salvador.

Yeah, that is the fear. You have a purely incompetent Federation that is incapable of doing logical things. Again, I sure wish Hope Solo or Wynalda woulda been able to win the Presidency.
Excuse my ignorance but being new I don’t know. If they do fire him would it be the same people who hired Hayes for the women’s team?

Excuse my ignorance but being new I don’t know. If they do fire him would it be the same people who hired Hayes for the women’s team?
That’s a good question. I would think yes same decision makers and same people who control the purse strings. But maybe different people who put together the short list to present to leadership.

Stupidly, yes. Each team should have their own "GM." They are 2 entirely different sports. Its almost like asking an NFL GM to also manage its e-sports franchise.

Like FK said, would think yes. Oddly the federation has a better track record hiring women's gaffers.

I thought Jurgen was goo but you have Bruce Arena, twice, Derp-a-Derp, twice! i mean come on. I actually do think highly of Bob Bradley and my opinion is that he's the best gaffer the men have had since they came back on the stage in 90.

Reactions: Fk_Pitt
My point is that we are playing in a tourney outside of concacaf, and we have no guaranteed matches vs new teams that we never see. The 3 group play matches are all against teams that we’ve played in recent memory.
By my count we'll have played all but 4 of the CONMEBOL countries just in the two Copas. If we play Brazil it'll only be three.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT