ADVERTISEMENT

Court storming should be punished

Yeah, I remember all of those famous photos of VE Day from WWII when it was just the soldiers and sailors in the streets of New York because all of the civilians who stayed home didn’t want to make it about themselves because they knew they had nothing to do with it.
Streets are public property
The court is private

Good for you. Nor would I. But I choose not to limit those who choose to do so. I'm not as authoritarian, I guess, which why I lean libertarian.
Your libertarian beliefs applies to trespassing on private property?

That’s not libertarian , it’s anarchy
Sure you’ll refer to anyone charged as “hostages” next

You meant Caitlin Clark totally flopping and running into the fan.

Looked like she even elbowed and pushed the fan. Then spins around like a damn ballerina while falling to the floor. 🤣😂
Yes
I mean for all court storming

Did she have her breath knocked out? Was she "hammered" or "blindsided"?

I haven't seen a hit that traumatic since...

Brady Bunch Oh My Nose GIF

Yea, total flop. Should have gotten T'd. No one answered my question though on the 3 point shooting flopping that Copeland from Syracuse has perfected. Can they call a flop for falling down when shooting a 3?
Yes
Hinson has been called for it
It’s clearer if a kick out is part of it to initiate contact though

Libertarians believe in rights with responsibilities. There is no right to go somewhere that you are expressly forbidden from going. There is, however, a responsibility to allow people to do essentially their job without unnecessary interference.

Being a libertarian has nothing to do with thinking that it's OK to break the law.
There is no law being broken.

OSU is a public university.
The court is not

so there is no restrictions about who can be in the court at anytime , including during a game ?
You’re flat wrong

As usual
Guests should sit only in their ticketed seats and show their tickets when requested, should not stand on seats, should not stand in the aisles, should not enter the playing area and should not throw any items onto the playing area.
Consequences for guests who do not adhere to the Code of Conduct may include, but are not limited to: seat relocation, loss of ticket buying privileges, ejection from the facility without refund, letter of warning, and/or arrest. Students involved in such activities or other disruptive behavior will also be subject to disciplinary action through The Ohio State University Student Code of Conduct

The court is not

so there is no restrictions about who can be in the court at anytime , including during a game ?
You’re flat wrong

As usual
Guests should sit only in their ticketed seats and show their tickets when requested, should not stand on seats, should not stand in the aisles, should not enter the playing area and should not throw any items onto the playing area.
Consequences for guests who do not adhere to the Code of Conduct may include, but are not limited to: seat relocation, loss of ticket buying privileges, ejection from the facility without refund, letter of warning, and/or arrest. Students involved in such activities or other disruptive behavior will also be subject to disciplinary action through The Ohio State University Student Code of Conduct
Did OSU punish anyone?

I never said there were no restrictions.

Btw, since when did students celebrating a big win represent "anarchy"? Your usual silliness.

Did OSU punish anyone?

I never said there were no restrictions.

Btw, since when did students celebrating a big win represent "anarchy"? Your usual silliness.
The moment they enter the court - which explicitly banned on every ticket
Just like its on every other ticket at every single event.

As i started the thread stating violations should be punished - including following the team to their next game-
it seems your comprehension is terrible as always

its okay - ya got to prattle off your buzz word salad - and when proven wrong with evidence - as usual - ya build another straw man .

you stated you dont want the rules enforced because of vibes
Which is literally the definition of anarchy “
“a state of disorder due to absence or nonrecognition of authority or other controlling systems.”

Words matter - now sit down , old man

I agree. The win doesn't count if the court is stormed.
Anyone remember in the early days of 3 rivers and Heinz when there was about to be a huge upset -
They’d literally bring out police on horses to prevent anyone entering the field - plus making multiple announcements to not enter the field ?

Yeah , me too
The Oakland Zoo has never stormed the court - and they seem to be having plenty of fun during wins .

The moment they enter the court - which explicitly banned on every ticket
Just like its on every other ticket at every single event.

As i started the thread stating violations should be punished - including following the team to their next game-
it seems your comprehension is terrible as always

its okay - ya got to prattle off your buzz word salad - and when proven wrong with evidence - as usual - ya build another straw man .

you stated you dont want the rules enforced because of vibes
Which is literally the definition of anarchy “
“a state of disorder due to absence or nonrecognition of authority or other controlling systems.”

Words matter - now sit down , old man
I was never proven wrong about anything in this thread. Honest to God, I have no idea where you get your ideas, other than your massive and undeserved ego.

Pitt beat Miami on Thursday night football in 1997. The students stormed the field and carried off the goalpost. At one point I was hanging from the goalpost too many feet above the field for comfort, but thankfully no injuries. Remains a great memory.

Reactions: cease10
Pitt beat Miami on Thursday night football in 1997. The students stormed the field and carried off the goalpost. At one point I was hanging from the goalpost too many feet above the field for comfort, but thankfully no injuries. Remains a great memory.

Rushing a court/field is right there with not wearing seat belts. People should know better today.

Had a good friend at the bottom of this mess.

Reactions: PittPharm2002

A few years later, I believe the field was also stormed for the last game at Pitt Stadium against Notre Dame.

Someone can correct me if I'm wrong with the details.

I was never proven wrong about anything in this thread. Honest to God, I have no idea where you get your ideas, other than your massive and undeserved ego.
Other than your words
It’s okay
We know you’re a weasel

As an example:

Read Me!

"Criminal trespass is the wrongful act of entering another’s property without permission and the property owner may sue a trespasser for damages in civil court and the trespass will be charged as criminal offense."

Passed in Communist FL.
"Covered event" means an athletic competition or practice, including one conducted in a public venue or a live artistic, theatrical, or other entertainment performance event. The duration of such event includes the period from the time when a venue is held open to the public for such an event until the end of the athletic competition or performance event."

Court storming occurs outside the defined event period.

Look! Another one!

At Chase Field, 24-year-old Gabriel Holguin was arrested and thrown in the Maricopa County Jail during Game 3 of the NLDS.

He was charged with trespassing and disorderly conduct.

Holguin is scheduled to appear in court on Nov. 1.

In Arizona, trespassing in the second-degree can be charged as a class two misdemeanor, which has a range of punishments including probation and up to 4 months in jail. A fine can also be levied.

Disorderly conduct is class 1 misdemeanor, which is punishable by up to 6 months in prison and $2500 in fines."

And another

As the fan was being hustled off the field, the public address announcer reminded the crowd that anyone running onto the field “will be arrested and taken to jail.”

Seriously, do I need to keep doing this? Because it's obvious that someone who thinks that people who storm the court/field cannot be arrested for doing so have no idea what they are talking about.

Again.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT