ADVERTISEMENT

2024 portal thread (teams/players affiliated with Pitt opponents)

Sean Miller Fan

Lair Hall of Famer
Oct 30, 2001
Meaning if a player transfers from Ohio State to Nebraska, don't post it here. We did this last year and I think its good to have 1 post for all players who Pitt will play or has played. I'll start

Lynn Kidd VT to Miami

This one stings because it doesn't appear there was any mutual interest but Kidd is a very good college center. Good get for Miami. Probably well over $500K is my guess.

Great get for Syracuse as they pick up Eddie Lampkin from Colorado/TCU. Should be one of the best centers in the league.

Meaning if a player transfers from Ohio State to Nebraska, don't post it here. We did this last year and I think its good to have 1 post for all players who Pitt will play or has played. I'll start

Lynn Kidd VT to Miami

This one stings because it doesn't appear there was any mutual interest but Kidd is a very good college center. Good get for Miami. Probably well over $500K is my guess.
Miami has also added PF Brandon Johnson who we wanted.

Reactions: VincePITT
More kicks to the nuts. I partially joke, because as fans we want immediate gratification with new star players. Potential opponent Duquesne with actual articles about Bronny are even more frustrating. I think the bigger thing right now is May 1st deadline to enter portal. Play defense with keeping ish and Lowe and find the remaining quality pieces as has been done in past in may/june.

Last edited:
So Miami had the first selection in this year's pickup game? I told Capel to go scissors, but he's obsessed with that damn rock.

So Miami had the first selection in this year's pickup game? I told Capel to go scissors, but he's obsessed with that damn rock.

That's kinda what it is. Pickup. And its why there's no real bad teams anymore because the talent redistributes itself. Like I'd fully expect WVU to make the NCAAT. This is also why its stupid to weight November heavier than Feb/Mar

That's kinda what it is. Pickup. And its why there's no real bad teams anymore because the talent redistributes itself. Like I'd fully expect WVU to make the NCAAT. This is also why its stupid to weight November heavier than Feb/Mar
You also expected them to make a F4 because coaching doesn’t matter. And they were every bit as bad as I said they’d be. Another L for the SMF Generals of the Lair

Huntley-Hatfield to NC STATE

Yea, never going to beat NC State or Miami in recruiting. Just wished that maybe we can recruit against like VT, UVa, Clem, etc because when NC State and Miami are involved, its ovah. I would have like to get BHH but it would make me nervous to get anyone from such a terrible team/coach.

Tre'Von Spillers to Wake Forest

13 and 9 for the Sun Belt regular season champs (over JMU). Few people do better in the portal than Steve Forbes. He has very talented rosters but usually misses out on the NCAAT due to weird circumstances (terrible OOC a few years ago). Lost to GT and ND this year, late.

13 and 9 for the Sun Belt regular season champs (over JMU). Few people do better in the portal than Steve Forbes. He has very talented rosters but usually misses out on the NCAAT due to weird circumstances (terrible OOC a few years ago). Lost to GT and ND this year, late.

He lands some talented players that seem difficult to coach and don't necessarily play winning basketball. (Boopie Miller, Efton Reid). It's hard to be consistent with guys like that.

Sun Belt Player of the Year Terrence Edwards from JMU to Louisville. Louisville is going to be on the bubble next season. Cant believe they self-sanctioned 2 years.

Should we be concerned over not having any transfers in yet?

I don't think we pay enough to get the guys signing now. Same thing happened last year. The good news is there's very little difference between the #20 transfer (who we wont get) and the #100 transfer. There's so many guys in the portal that you are going to get someone good.

Reactions: WillyDavis33
I don't think we pay enough to get the guys signing now. Same thing happened last year. The good news is there's very little difference between the #20 transfer (who we wont get) and the #100 transfer. There's so many guys in the portal that you are going to get someone good.
Thanks! Any idea when you think we should have confirmation on a transfer?

Thanks! Any idea when you think we should have confirmation on a transfer?

Ish Leggett committed on April 17 last year so I'd expect around that time. We need to let the higher-rated transfers take the bigger money offers. Leggett wasnt as highly sought after as you would have thought. He was a high volume, low FG% guy on a bad team and that scared folks away. I liked it though. Just goes to show you that you can get a good portal player who isn't highly ranked. There's SOOO many. And guys are still maturing and getting better so you may luck into a kid making that great leap forward.

Mason Madsen from BC to Utah. Not a great loss for a good coach in Grant who has an almost impossible job. If I'm him, I get out of BC after this season and try to land an A10 job and work my way back up.

Mark Mitchell to Missouri
Mason Gillis from Purdue to Duke

Some of this is just really really wild. Mark Mitchell was a starter on an Elite 8 team so what's he do? Naturally, he transfers to a team that went 0-18.

Mark Mitchell to Missouri
Mason Gillis from Purdue to Duke

Some of this is just really really wild. Mark Mitchell was a starter on an Elite 8 team so what's he do? Naturally, he transfers to a team that went 0-18.

With what Duke is bringing in, I'm not sure how Mitchell would fit in. His role would certainly be diminished.

At Mizzou, they are going to be counting on him to produce. They are closer to home and probably pay well, which never hurts

With what Duke is bringing in, I'm not sure how Mitchell would fit in. His role would certainly be diminished.

At Mizzou, they are going to be counting on him to produce. They are closer to home and probably pay well, which never hurts

Mitchell is an excellent player and would have played starter's minutes there. Missouri went 0-18. There was no other team available? Shoot, did we offer?

I'm not sure he would have.

Last year doesn't really matter. This is basically pickup basketball every year. For the most part, at the end of each season, schools are putting together a new team.

I'm not sure he would have.

Last year doesn't really matter. This is basically pickup basketball every year. For the most part, at the end of each season, schools are putting together a new team.

Yea, I know its pickup but at worst, Mitchell would have been the 3rd big so he was going to play 25 MPG rotating between 2 positions. To go to an 0-18 team though, there cant be any expectation that they can get to 9-9 and the NCAAT.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT