ADVERTISEMENT

Court storming should be punished

Seriously, do I need to keep doing this? Because it's obvious that someone who thinks that people who storm the court/field cannot be arrested for doing so have no idea what they are talking about.

Again.
None of your examples are storming the court. I have no idea what you think we're talking about.

Silliness.

None of your examples are storming the court. I have no idea what you think we're talking about.

Silliness.

Storming the court is nothing more than people rushing on to the court/field when they don't belong there.

I assumed that even someone as dumb as you understood that. I guess I was wrong.

Reactions: PittPharm2002
"Covered event" means an athletic competition or practice, including one conducted in a public venue or a live artistic, theatrical, or other entertainment performance event. The duration of such event includes the period from the time when a venue is held open to the public for such an event until the end of the athletic competition or performance event."

Court storming occurs outside the defined event period.

You really need to learn to learn when people are correcting your misunderstanding of a topic.

He went on the court when the game was in progress.

Try harder.
What’s the difference ?
It’s all fun!
Public university , or something .
So , let’s dismiss your entire schtick as the low level trolling it is .

Do some crosswords or find a hobby

Storming the court is nothing more than people rushing on to the court/field when they don't belong there.

I assumed that even someone as dumb as you understood that. I guess I was wrong.
A law never enforced is not a law. You can't provide a single example of someone being arrested for storming the court, which is the topic of this discussion. You may want to take outside that boundary to try to prove your point. But you're actually proving mine. So thanks for that.

You really need to learn to learn when people are correcting your misunderstanding of a topic.

That article was written before the law passed. It might have been changed before final passage because the law says nothing about storming the field and the definition I pulled from the text does not include anything past the end of the game.

What’s the difference ?
It’s all fun!
Public university , or something .
So , let’s dismiss your entire schtick as the low level trolling it is .

Do some crosswords or find a hobby
You don't see any difference in going onto the court during play vs after the game?

You're even dumber than I thought.

Reactions: Millerton24
What really should be punished are the unwarranted court stormings. Like South Carolina beats Kentucky. That's fine. But if next year, Kentucky is ranked #23 when you beat them, no storming. Or if an unranked Kentucky team wins at Rupp vs #5 South Carolina. No. You are Kentucky. You dont do that but you see situations like that.

You don't see any difference in going onto the court during play vs after the game?

You're even dumber than I thought.
Tell me why it’s any different if players are on the floor in both scenarios

The logic is the same
Except , you do understand people are prohibited from entering the court completely - but can’t admit it

Tell me why it’s any different if players are on the floor in both scenarios

The logic is the same
Except , you do understand people are prohibited from entering the court completely - but can’t admit it
Prohibited but never punished. That means there is no prohibition.

Its a shame that you don't know the difference between when play is ongoing vs play being over. Where the players are is irrelevant. Sometimes, players participate in the celebration.

Pitt beat Miami on Thursday night football in 1997. The students stormed the field and carried off the goalpost. At one point I was hanging from the goalpost too many feet above the field for comfort, but thankfully no injuries. Remains a great memory.

I wasn't at that game, but I stormed a field after a college football game once. Like you, I found it be a very fun and memorable experience.

I wasn't at that game, but I stormed a field after a college football game once. Like you, I found it be a very fun and memorable experience.

I bet she doesn't agree. Paralyzed after the Bruce Gradkowski game. Though it was during the throwing of the goal post into the river.

Prohibited but never punished. That means there is no prohibition.

Its a shame that you don't know the difference between when play is ongoing vs play being over. Where the players are is irrelevant. Sometimes, players participate in the celebration.
That’s like saying speeding is fine , if you aren’t arrested

Schools are often punished and yes - fans get banned from the facility all the time for entering the field and breaking the rules on the tickets
Your point is stupid as usual

That’s like saying speeding is fine , if you aren’t arrested

Schools are often punished and yes - fans get banned from the facility all the time for entering the field and breaking the rules on the tickets
Your point is stupid as usual
Speeding requires getting caught. People on the court are surrounded by cops and on videos. They are mostly students and easily identified.

Was anybody arrested for trespassing at either South Carolina or OSU?

This is another example of what can go wrong with court storming. One of the best players on the best teams injured.

Just get the players off the court and then allow the court storming. Simple.

Yes…..but flip got run over because he was busy shoving a wake student
It's a tough call. They just showed the overhead view of it and put yourself in his shoes. Massive crowd running right at you and I think he did basic defensive instinct. Obviously the fans are not trying to hurt anyone but it's still a dangerous position for the opposing players.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT