ADVERTISEMENT

Did Clark not play?

Clark played most of the game he played HB most of the time,if our QB learns to throw the ball than you might see him on the stat sheet

I'm not expecting much from Clark. Even if Steel said he was going to be the greatest thing since sliced bread.

Clark played most of the game he played HB most of the time,if our QB learns to throw the ball than you might see him on the stat sheet

Please recall Chris Clark is a 5 star recruit and was the best TE prospect in the country and had 50 scholarship offers. He's had some injury problems but has american talent and once gets in a groove with Browne will be potentially lethal. Right now it admittedly is not a good look but the potential is there and these are 2 5 star high school all Americans. That can't be discounted.

On one of the few plays where they had him in a pass pattern he got behind the entire defense and would have walked in for a touchdown had Browne seen him.

I'm not expecting much from Clark. Even if Steel said he was going to be the greatest thing since sliced bread.

Last edited:
Reactions: bwh05
He was open a few times. Browne seemingly doesn't see the field very well.

He was open a few times. Browne seemingly doesn't see the field very well.

IMHO, Browne was totally scripted. He was given little or no freedom to look for secondary receivers on a called play. Vanilla by design. Primary not open, take safety valve or throw away it away or take a sack.

Reactions: HOF Coach
IMHO, Browne was totally scripted. He was given little or no freedom to look for secondary receivers on a called play. Vanilla by design. Primary not open, take safety valve or throw away it away or take a sack.

I hope that's what it was for all our sake this season.

I think a lot of you guys lack a fundamental understanding of how the game of football is played.

There is no "scripting" going through route progressions when the primary route is covered. The coaches didn't say "hey Max if your #1 isn't open just throw the ball away, we wouldn't want to show PSU you're capable of going through your progressions."

Jesus H Christ.

Reactions: rpost3
Clark was wide open about 25 yards down field at one point but Browne looked him off and decided to throw a one-yard pass to Ollison instead.

Reactions: bwh05
I think a lot of you guys lack a fundamental understanding of how the game of football is played.

There is no "scripting" going through route progressions when the primary route is covered. The coaches didn't say "hey Max if your #1 isn't open just throw the ball away, we wouldn't want to show PSU you're capable of going through your progressions."

Jesus H Christ.

Oh I'd say I have a pretty good understanding about coaching lol. He clearly didn't see the field well so he missed several open guys. I'm not sure if he was coached to check down or was doing it on his own. Either way it didn't work

Oh I'd say I have a pretty good understanding about coaching lol. He clearly didn't see the field well so he missed several open guys. I'm not sure if he was coached to check down or was doing it on his own. Either way it didn't work
I wasn't responding to you. I was responding to a poster who seems to think the coaches told Browne not to check down and not to throw anything further than 10-15 yards downfield.

Both contentions are patently absurd.

No one giving Browne the benefit of the doubt for being rusty after not playing for almost an entire year?

No one giving Browne the benefit of the doubt for being rusty after not playing for almost an entire year?
The coaches are. That's all that matters. He starts next week, but if he struggles a lot, we may see the hook. Then it will get interesting, because I'm not sure Nooch is really the clear #2. I would not be surprised to see Pickett come in.

I'm not ready to pull the plug on him yet. He wasn't very good today, but he does have talent. Here's hoping he's a LOT better next week because we're probably going to have to score a ton of points to win the next 2 games.

Clark was wide open about 25 yards down field at one point but Browne looked him off and decided to throw a one-yard pass to Ollison instead.

Very Sunseri-ish.
He got chewed out by a WR who broke upfield on the play where Browne rolled out and tossed it into the dirt while being pressured.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT