Do you prefer to watch NBA or College Basketball

Simply, do you prefer watching NBA or College Basketball

• NBA

Votes: 10 15.2%
  • College Basketball

Votes: 56 84.8%

• Total voters
You should watch college women hoops since you like fundamentals
It's a combination of both, I want men's athleticism, plus college rules, officiating and fundamentals, it's not one or the other, you're thinking is too simplistic

Just today I saw a video of Giannis literally taking 7-8 steps and scoring and nothing being called, how can you like that?

I only follow sports teams I have an emotional attachment to--and that no longer includes any pro teams.

As far as Pitt is concerned, I watch football and men's basketball (often the replays vs live as I get a case of nerves watching Pitt live). I will also watch some games/parts of games played by future Pitt opponents to assess them vs Pitt.

Bottom line, unlike in my youth (I am up in my 70's now); I no longer watch any sports strictly for sake of the sport.

It's a combination of both, I want men's athleticism, plus college rules, officiating and fundamentals, it's not one or the other, you're thinking is too simplistic
So you don’t actually care about fundamentals

Do you watch college games unrelated to Pitt ?
The officiating is also worse in college

Reactions: Ski11585
So you don’t actually care about fundamentals

Do you watch college games unrelated to Pitt ?
The officiating is also worse in college
I do care about fundamentals in combination with male athleticism, you can decide you like men's sports over women's sports and then select CBB style of play and rules over NBA style of play and rules, you really are a total simpleton, with no ability to consider anything beyond black vs. white or anything with any complexity. Sometimes I do watch non Pitt CBB, and CBB officiating is WAY BETTER! As anyone with intelligence knows better or worse is OPINION, PERSONAL PREFERRENCE.

Just today I saw a video of Giannis literally taking 7-8 steps and scoring and nothing being called, how can you like that?

He took 6 steps. I dont even know why he would have done that. Like I can see 3, maybe 4. But he didn't even attempt to dribble. Looked like a running back.

Reactions: Pitt79
I do care about fundamentals in combination with male athleticism, you can decide you like men's sports over women's sports and then select CBB style of play and rules over NBA style of play and rules, you really are a total simpleton, with no ability to consider anything beyond black vs. white or anything with any complexity. Sometimes I do watch non Pitt CBB, and CBB officiating is WAY BETTER! As anyone with intelligence knows better or worse is OPINION, PERSONAL PREFERRENCE.
The problem is you keep talking about fundamentals. College kids are not more fundamentally sound than pros. You just prefer the college aesthetics and vibes. That’s fine. But don’t throw out things like “fundamentals” or “defense” when you really mean you like watching untalented kids try hard.

The problem is you keep talking about fundamentals. College kids are not more fundamentally sound than pros. You just prefer the college aesthetics and vibes. That’s fine. But don’t throw out things like “fundamentals” or “defense” when you really mean you like watching untalented kids try hard.
Bingo

I just said the same thing
He doesn’t actually understand what he’s watching and for some reason has a hardon about the NBA

• Haha
Reactions: Pitt79 and Ski11585
But the refs in CBB call the mistakes like travelling and carrying.

You just prefer the college aesthetics and vibes. That’s fine. But don’t throw out things like “fundamentals” or “defense” when you really mean you like watching untalented kids try hard.
It's not just that. it's really the way the games are played and the rules of play, and how they are officiated. You can't seriously be dumb enough to think it's played and officiated the same way? And yeah, maybe seeing untalented kids try hard is more fun than spreading the court, whipping the ball around the perimeter and hoisting 30 footers, or one guy driving unguarded through an open lane for an easy dunk.... it's not the same game. If you think it is you're insane.

Bingo

He doesn’t actually understand what he’s watching and for some reason has a hardon about the NBA
You don't understand sh!t, you're just star struck and in awe and easily entertained by long shots going in.

I'd like to see the NBA played with CBB rules and officiated by CBB refs calling the game as if it's the ACC or A10, maybe I'd like it better.

lol. No they don’t.
They do, yes, they do, I'm right and you're clueless, they call it way closer than NBA. I never saw any 6-7-8 step dunks or layups in CBB, did you watch the video I posted, did you see the recent meme of Giannis taking 8 steps before dunking? CBB as least they try to enforce it, NBA they don't even pretend, they just allow the Euro step-step-step-step-step and look the other way :)

They do, yes, they do, I'm right and you're clueless, they call it way closer than NBA. I never saw any 6-7-8 step dunks or layups in CBB, did you watch the video I posted, did you see the recent meme of Giannis taking 8 steps before dunking? CBB as least they try to enforce it, NBA they don't even pretend, they just allow the Euro step-step-step-step-step and look the other way :)
I have never in my life seen carrying called in college.

Just admit you are going entirely off vibes.

Reactions: MarshallGoldberg
Bingo

You just described “soccer sucks” guy. It’s ok that people don’t like or understand what they are watching, whether it’s the NBA or high end soccer. But what I don’t understand is why they feel the need to tell on themselves for being ignorant when they rip a sport that has incredibly large appeal. There’s a reason why both products print money…Massive massive amounts of money.

it’s just a weird phenomenon. It’s like people want a medal for sharing their negative opinion on a sport. Congrats to them though.

Reactions: pittjas
I have never in my life seen carrying called in college.

Just admit you are going entirely off vibes.
I have, just this season I saw carrying called a couple times against Pitt. Jaland Lowe for one was called for it.

Last edited:
You just described “soccer sucks” guy. It’s ok that people don’t like or understand what they are watching, whether it’s the NBA or high end soccer. But what I don’t understand is why they feel the need to tell on themselves for being ignorant when they rip a sport that has incredibly large appeal. There’s a reason why both products print money…Massive massive amounts of money.

it’s just a weird phenomenon. It’s like people want a medal for sharing their negative opinion on a sport. Congrats to them though.
What's wrong with thinking college ball is better to watch than NBA? I totally admit NBA is better skill, better talent, yet IMO CBB is a better game as entertainment, why do I have to like the actual better talent level games? And I understand basketball as much as anyone here, I've watched for 55 years at least, I played in organized leagues probably for 30 years. My preference is CBB for a number of reasons and my reasons are correct. The video evidence I posted supports my case on some of my opinions. I DO UNDERSTAND WHAT I AM WATCHING, as much as anyone here. and part of my preference is the vibe, and that's as much of a factor in determining "subjectively better" to watch as skill level or talent.

What's wrong with thinking college ball is better to watch than NBA? I totally admit NBA is better skill, better talent, yet IMO CBB is a better game as entertainment, why do I have to like the actual better talent level games? And I understand basketball as much as anyone here, I've watched for 55 years at least, I played in organized leagues probably for 30 years. My preference is CBB for a number of reasons and my reasons are correct. The video evidence I posted supports my case on some of my opinions. I DO UNDERSTAND WHAT I AM WATCHING, as much as anyone here. and part of my preference is the vibe, and that's as much of a factor in determining "subjectively better" to watch as skill level or talent.
It’s not that you like CBB better. I do too. I’m one of the only guys in this thread who don’t watch the nba and haven’t for decades. But I don’t feel like it’s relevant to others why I don’t. I’m the unicorn. Just like guys who jump into a soccer thread to say how much it sucks.

It’s not that you like CBB better. I do too. I’m one of the only guys in this thread who don’t watch the nba and haven’t for decades. But I don’t feel like it’s relevant to others why I don’t. I’m the unicorn. Just like guys who jump into a soccer thread to say how much it sucks.
It's not the same thing at all, those guys who want to argue that soccer sucks mostly never sat and watched a soccer game, whereas in my lifetime I've watched hundreds of college basketball games and hundreds of NBA games and I'm giving legit reasons why I prefer one over the other for entertainment and watchability and my reasons are all subjective opinions, just like the people arguing with me.

It's not the same thing at all, those guys who want to argue that soccer sucks mostly never sat and watched a soccer game, whereas in my lifetime I've watched hundreds of college basketball games and hundreds of NBA games and I'm giving legit reasons why I prefer one over the other for entertainment and watchability and my reasons are all subjective opinions, just like the people arguing with me.
You're soooo close to getting it.

Yeah
I mean - I don’t watch soccer or follow it
I also don’t spend post after post screaming how it sucks and college soccer is superior to watch

Yeah
I mean - I don’t watch soccer or follow it
I also don’t spend post after post screaming how it sucks and college soccer is superior to watch
No, YOU spend post after post screaming about how NBA is superior to watch over college basketball

No, YOU spend post after post screaming about how NBA is superior to watch over college basketball
It’s not remotely debatable it’s a far better product .
Its why only the most elite college players make the league .

Yes. Some posted a dude taking 6 steps in college and it being uncalled too.
IMHO: Multiple steps being "ignored" by refs is pretty common in the NBA. In college extra steps sometimes are not called also---However, it is far less common in college ball and usually it is because the the ref missed seeing it and not because the ref deliberately ignored it as happens in the NBA.

Reactions: Pitt79
Beauty is in the eye of the beholder! Which a person prefers to watch is not merely dependent on the skill and talent of the players.
It’s not remotely debatable it’s a far better product .
Its why only the most elite college players make the league .
THIS^^^

Better product is a subjective preference, if you took a poll of best cola, Coke is probably #1-making it be considered the better product, but I like Diet Dr Pepper the best.

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder! Which a person prefers to watch is not merely dependent on the skill and talent of the players.
This is what he can't get through his head? Better to watch for any individual does not mean better talent necessarily.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT