ADVERTISEMENT

Dokish

In curiosity (I have stated that i am a huge Dokish fan), has anyone actually seen him work published in a non blog of his? I was looking around the internet several days back after seeing this post and i couldn't seem to find one that wasn't his "blog" site that looks like it was created by a middle schooler. I think i might just jump off the Dokish train. I like his passion for Pitt athletics, but he seems like a thin skinned, fraud.

Like tonight both of their twitters are filled with disproved in five mins gateway pundit false stories on Kamala Harris and her schooling. Why? I mean I have both conservative and liberal beliefs on issues but their nonsense is such a turnoff to any good pitt content they might have.
I think M. Vok does a great job for us Pitt fans, but I do agree that it is not a good business decision to put your political leanings on social media. I am a small business owner, I know better. That being said... Harris’ tweet was very misleading. To claim that being bussed from one Berkeley neighborhood to another as an eight year old is responsible for her becoming a Lawyer and Senator is BS. The middle school and high schools were already mixed in Berkeley back then BTW. That IS a false narrative.

Last edited:
I think M. Vok does a great job for us Pitt fans, but I do agree that it is not a good business decision to put your political leanings on social media. I am a small business owner, I know better. That being said... Harris’ tweet was very misleading. To claim that being bussed from one Berkeley neighborhood to another as an eight year old is responsible for her becoming a Lawyer and Senator is BS. The middle school and high schools were already mixed in Berkeley back then BTW. That IS a false narrative.
Plus as I understand it, busing wasn’t a popular issue among blacks and whites almost universally back then. I thought I read somewhere that blacks were over 90% on the same side of the issue as Biden. So for her to politicize it was, well, being dishonesty politically.

Reactions: NNFAN
In curiosity (I have stated that i am a huge Dokish fan), has anyone actually seen him work published in a non blog of his? I was looking around the internet several days back after seeing this post and i couldn't seem to find one that wasn't his "blog" site that looks like it was created by a middle schooler. I think i might just jump off the Dokish train. I like his passion for Pitt athletics, but he seems like a thin skinned, fraud.
Is he an insider anymore? He had basketball connections that left the program over a decade ago. Not sure he’s anything more than a glorified message board poster these days.

Plus as I understand it, busing wasn’t a popular issue among blacks and whites almost universally back then. I thought I read somewhere that blacks were over 90% on the same side of the issue as Biden. So for her to politicize it was, well, being dishonesty politically.
Not to mention both parents were PhDs.

Reactions: Fk_Pitt
Just saw on Twitter that Dokish tweeted about the Netflix show “Stanger Things”, and he said how it captures the decade of the 80’s beautifully...but the 80’s were a terrible decade. Many people disagreed, stating that the 80’s were great. I suppose they are all blocked now.

Reactions: PittFanDan17
What is funny, and I have personally seen it on these forums, is that people see some posts from you that they disagree, and then that's it. It is amazing when people just label or paint you how they can take a post or a comment and run with it 10000 miles per hour in the exact opposite direction as intended.

A great example of this is my comments on the basketball board recently when I have said that recruiting this year has been disappointing. Boom. I am anti Capel, I want him fired, I am never satisfied, I can't expect to get top 10 classes every year, etc.....etc..... All I said, is considering the hiring of Capel (who is regarded as a top recruiter), and the quality of last year's class, and all of the players we were involved with, that to end up with the class we have is disappointing. I think that is fairly fair, but man if we think people are sensitive on the football forums or even political forums, there is nothing like the basketball forum to have zero tolerance for debate.

Politically, I am not a fan of this guy, but a local sports media guy who when opines on political or social issues I find actually reasoned and balanced is Mark Madden of all people. What I can't stand politically and socially, is the fact that many people just cannot even bring themselves to criticize or accept anything in admission or compromise that the other party/ideology even when it is seems to be an attempt at a discussion or solution on a problem.

What’s funny is that, as always, you unintentionally reveal your own hypocrisy. In the very same thread, a couple people pushed back on your lazy post and you, yourself ran with it to try and create a false narrative about people who disagreed with you.

Yep and that’s exactly what happened. I saw some of the climate change discussion. Dokish blushes with glee when Jason Alexander (yes that Jason alexander from Seinfeld) engaged with John Steigerwald about climate scientists. Once the climate discussion started running counter to his own beliefs, he admittedly decided to check out. As this thread pointed out, he just doesn’t like to hear the other side of things.

Being challenged is a good thing. Who wants to reside in an echo chamber?? Apparently he does.

You post on the locker room, so you apparently enjoy echo chambers too.

What’s funny is that, as always, you unintentionally reveal your own hypocrisy. In the very same thread, a couple people pushed back on your lazy post and you, yourself ran with it to try and create a false narrative about people who disagreed with you.

You post on the locker room, so you apparently enjoy echo chambers too.
Not really. It’s only an echo chamber in the locker room when guys with opposing viewpoints choose to go on hiatus because they don’t like to hear opposing viewpoints and then the board skews in one direction. A few softees have checked out, but to everyone's benefit, plenty are still around. Maybe the guys who checked out are off protesting the American flag or something. Hope they come back. Great dialog is healthy.

Edit: Interestingly, if you go the the front page of the locker room, 9 leftists have started threads, and 9 righties started threads. That doesn’t support your point.

Last edited:
Not really. It’s only an echo chamber in the locker room when guys with opposing viewpoints choose to go on hiatus because they don’t like to hear opposing viewpoints and then the board skews in one direction. A few softees have checked out, but to everyone's benefit, plenty are still around. Maybe the guys who checked out are off protesting the American flag or something. Hope they come back. Great dialog is healthy.

Edit: Interestingly, if you go the the front page of the locker room, 9 leftists have started threads, and 9 righties started threads. That doesn’t support your point.
LOL........same mentality they have with Fox News raining on the parade, whilst the rest of the news networks are on one side.

Reactions: ONGB and Fk_Pitt

If that’s what you think. Good for you. I’m glad you find it a productive place.

Just saw on Twitter that Dokish tweeted about the Netflix show “Stanger Things”, and he said how it captures the decade of the 80’s beautifully...but the 80’s were a terrible decade. Many people disagreed, stating that the 80’s were great. I suppose they are all blocked now.

True story, he blocked me on twitter because he was going on a rant about the Steelers red zone offense sucking and how pathetic it was.

I responded and said something to the effect of "their red zone offense is ranked in the top 5 in the NFL. They are having a bad game" or something along those lines. Didn't say anything attacking him or calling him a name or anything like that. I was blocked. LOL.

What public infrastructure does Twitter use? Twitter is a private company and can restrict users in any way they want. We are currently posting on a forum on a private company's (Rivals.com) website. If Rivals wants to ban me for being a Pitt fan, there is nothing anyone can do about beyond taking their business elsewhere. Twitter is the same way. If you don't like twitter and their policies, take your business elsewhere.

Again, you’re wrong. Rivals is a publisher and can be sued for libel. Twitter and Facebook have immunity to defamation claims because of their claim to be an open forum.

Reactions: superstein61a
People really don't understand free speech. Most often it becomes a "right" of convenience to be used as the situation dictates.

Ok professor I get the libertarian boomer drool “it’s dur company Dey can do what they want” but that’s not reality anymore. First these huge forums are essentially monopolies. If you want to access huge swathes of the internet you must go through Facebook, google or twitter.

Second, as already explained, Twitter and Facebook have been afforded LEGAL IMMUNITY FROM DEFAMATION based on their operation as an open forum. Banning speech based on content is clearly not in the spirit of open forum. Once they start editing and banning they become publishers in essence and arguably should no longer have immunity.

Soon republicans aren’t going to be allowed to have phone lines in their homes and the libertarian boomer mouth breathers will support it. DERP ITS DER PHONE LINES DERP ITS DER CHOICE TO CONNECT YOU

If that’s what you think. Good for you. I’m glad you find it a productive place.
You just have to learn to be more tolerant of those who you don’t agree politically with. :)

Btw, you’re a fan of Stranger Things, correct? I binge watched season 3 already. It was fun. But not great IMO.

Ok professor I get the libertarian boomer drool “it’s dur company Dey can do what they want” but that’s not reality anymore. First these huge forums are essentially monopolies. If you want to access huge swathes of the internet you must go through Facebook, google or twitter.

Second, as already explained, Twitter and Facebook have been afforded LEGAL IMMUNITY FROM DEFAMATION based on their operation as an open forum. Banning speech based on content is clearly not in the spirit of open forum. Once they start editing and banning they become publishers in essence and arguably should no longer have immunity.

Soon republicans aren’t going to be allowed to have phone lines in their homes and the libertarian boomer mouth breathers will support it. DERP ITS DER PHONE LINES DERP ITS DER CHOICE TO CONNECT YOU

The "legal immunity" was given to providers so that their platforms couldn't be sued for content that was posted by someone they couldn't easily control in real time, and as we know, the internet is forever. The courts haven't really taken up the issue and congress has pushed these sites to self-police themselves for content. We could take a walk down the ole "who's been in charge of congress lately" lane if you want but that's overly political.

Defamatory "speech" is not protected. Neither are direct threats. But blatant propaganda or fringe lunacy is left unchecked. Go look for it. It's there.

Look....I know many of you are long term posters. There was a pretty popular poster who was "censored" and put on time out because of his perceived knowledge of the program and the University. He was often more right then wrong but what occurred is he blurred the lines between his opinion and the stance the Athletic department (and the Board) was trying to take. His influence actually caused the Athletic Department to reverse course on a hire.

Then why are you so miserable?

Who says I’m miserable?

You just have to learn to be more tolerant of those who you don’t agree politically with. :)

Btw, you’re a fan of Stranger Things, correct? I binge watched season 3 already. It was fun. But not great IMO.

I have no problem with people disagreeing. I won’t waste my time with a forum where nobody wants genuine, substantive debate.

Good. I am glad I can help I was going to offer you $5 if it would help make you feel better.

No need. I get enough joy holding out hope that you’ll climb off your high horse and admit you’re a hypocrite.

Who says I’m miserable?

I have no problem with people disagreeing. I won’t waste my time with a forum where nobody wants genuine, substantive debate.

No need. I get enough joy holding out hope that you’ll climb off your high horse and admit you’re a hypocrite.
We're all hypocrites. All of us.

Reactions: Ski11585
if i’m being honest, geraldo and i probably wouldn’t have that much to talk about if we ever hung out

True story, he blocked me on twitter because he was going on a rant about the Steelers red zone offense sucking and how pathetic it was.

I responded and said something to the effect of "their red zone offense is ranked in the top 5 in the NFL. They are having a bad game" or something along those lines. Didn't say anything attacking him or calling him a name or anything like that. I was blocked. LOL.

Ah dokish... believe it or not i got banned because he inexplicably said, after a bad game for Roethlisberger, " this is why a qb who throws as many picks as ben will never win a superbowl". My reply was simply sometimes you should back away from the twitter machine. my only guess he was drunk.

I do

They try so hard to both sides every issue they ignore the actual facts and reporting

One thing we can agree on, they certainly do ignore the facts that don't fit the version of the story they want to tell. But the notion that CNN or MSNBC or even the "Big Three" networks are trying really hard to present both sides of most issues is laughable.

Reactions: Fk_Pitt
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT