ADVERTISEMENT

Embarrassing

Pittisit4me

Sophomore
Dec 11, 2019
National TV shit show! Layups and open 3s for Duke. Pitt can barely even get a shot off. Reminds me of Stallings era basketball. And please stop mentioning Bub as a possible one and done. If he was near NBA ready he wouldn't shrink to nothing in a big game like this.

Reactions: FireballZ
Matt Canada is to NFL offensive coordinating as Jeff Capel is to NCAA Basketball head coaching. Turns out, sitting next to K for a half dozen years resulted in about as much osmosis as one sleeping on his or her calculus book the night before a test.

But he's lucky he could cash in on those Duke connections one last time. Imagine if, post Oklahoma, he went to coach for his mentor at like Minnesota or Cincinnati instead of Duke.

Reactions: Parkview57
National TV shit show! Layups and open 3s for Duke. Pitt can barely even get a shot off. Reminds me of Stallings era basketball. And please stop mentioning Bub as a possible one and done. If he was near NBA ready he wouldn't shrink to nothing in a big game like this.
This is worse than most Stallings era ganes.

Bub isn't close to being an NBA potential player in a few years let alone a one and done now. That's laughable.

It's been a couple of years since I've seen this poor of a level of coaching and play from Pitt. Maybe going back to Capel's first year when he had Stallings' players. Just inexcusable. He'll give his normal excuses...we didn't play great defense, no rebounding, we couldn't get the ball to fall. Even this falls on me as coach. Blah, blah, blah. We already know all of that. So how is he going to recover from a bitch slapping?

What more can be said. It is the first time since Stallings last season that I turned off a game without a hint of curiosity, It was over at the 8 minute mark of 1st half. Or sooner.

I watched absolutely zero of the second half.

I did long for the days of Chevy, or Ontario or Dejuan, Jaron, Julius, Brandin, someone with enough guts to try and put one of the Duke players into the ER and then go over and punch Jon Scheyer in the mouth then going over to the Capel brothers and daring them to fight being he Duke cucks they are.

This was honestly like Duke vs Duke JV's. Both teams were running the same offense. But Duke had an NBA big and could shoot the lights out. Better at all 5 spots. Just like Varsity vs JV. The suprising thing about these Duke/UNC games has been the great physical defense played by those teams. Granted we didnt help but those teams really defended at a high level and they typically dont do that. We just haven't gotten any easy shots these last 2 home games. Its just Jaland or Bub 1 on 1. Some of this you cant coach. Some of it is instinctual. Knowing how to find those gaps in the defense like a Brad or Burton. But this team just cant score unless we have a great 3 night. The 2 point offense is non-existent because we dont have a big and we dont get any easy baskets from our offense.

The only good thing about last night’s game is that it was over so early that it almost didn’t really sting. You just throw your hands up and move on.

Matt Canada is to NFL offensive coordinating as Jeff Capel is to NCAA Basketball head coaching. Turns out, sitting next to K for a half dozen years resulted in about as much osmosis as one sleeping on his or her calculus book the night before a test.

But he's lucky he could cash in on those Duke connections one last time. Imagine if, post Oklahoma, he went to coach for his mentor at like Minnesota or Cincinnati instead of Duke.
The thing that popped into my head sitting there last night while watching Duke hit 5 threes in a row (maybe all of them against our zone) was the comment by Charles Smith years ago about Paul Evans - "That's when I realized that we didn't have a coach."

The thing that popped into my head sitting there last night while watching Duke hit 5 threes in a row (maybe all of them against our zone) was the comment by Charles Smith years ago about Paul Evans - "That's when I realized that we didn't have a coach."

You're starting to realize that now? Last year with Capel was a mirage and an anomaly. Besides, the coaches last year were Burton and Cummings, not Capel. This year, we don't have a coach.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT