ADVERTISEMENT

Expansion, AGAIN.

BballinsiderfromPitt

Heisman Winner
Feb 15, 2018
With USC/UCLA going to the big ten, the ACC will have to do something to expand and figure this out… who are your best adds to add a marker and make sure we stay as the 3rd best football conference while also remaining competitive in basketball?

My picks are Houston and Texas A and M. I have no idea the contract for A and M with SEC, but with Texas going to SEC you would think they want out. Just spitballing. Give me better ones

With USC/UCLA going to the big ten, the ACC will have to do something to expand and figure this out… who are your best adds to add a marker and make sure we stay as the 3rd best football conference while also remaining competitive in basketball?

My picks are Houston and Texas A and M. I have no idea the contract for A and M with SEC, but with Texas going to SEC you would think they want out. Just spitballing. Give me better ones
We just talking basketball? If so, WVU and Kansas. I like Houston, though.

Reactions: Drew1208
We just talking basketball? If so, WVU and Kansas. I like Houston, though.
No I don’t think that helps long term viability of Pitt. I’m saying what works best for Pitt football first, hoops second unfortunately. Unless we want to be left out when the chairs stop on big time college football

West Virginia makes sense although USC and UCLA have now demonstrated there is no distance to great to align themselves. PAC 10 implodes from here. Go get UA and ASU. Getting A&M to jump to the ACC is a big deal.

• Haha
Reactions: FireballZ
At some point the ACC is going to need to pick from the “best of rest” as I really don’t see a future where Clemson/FSU/Miami (UNC/Duke/UVA/Louisville also?) are ACC schools long term. WVU is an easy choice, then you’re looking at some hard calls.

If SMF proposed that A&M would leave the SEC for the ACC right now it might be the goofiest thing that he would have ever posted.

If it came down to it, I'd go the UConn route but the Catholic 7 won't take us back

Much more likely we’d be pulling a school like UConn into what’s left of the ACC. Those of us who yearn for the old Big East days may get a portion of our wish as an ACC with WVU/Syracuse/BC/UConn/VT along with the southern schools that don’t go SEC/Big 10 is where I think this is all headed.

Reactions: CaptainMurphy
I don't understand any of this stuff.
But for me I'll be happy with a good hoops league.
And i think pitt being in a shitty football league is good for them.

The Sec or the Big 10 are going to bid on UNC at some point. They both covet the Charlotte and Raleigh markets. The question is will they take Duke also because UNC and Duke don’t ever want to split up for basketball reasons.

The Sec or the Big 10 are going to bid on UNC at some point. They both covet the Charlotte and Raleigh markets. The question is will they take Duke also because UNC and Duke don’t ever want to split up for basketball reasons.
I see Big ten for UNC Duke. I think we should be making a play for big ten Right now

I see Big ten for UNC Duke. I think we should be making a play for big ten Right now

I don’t see any way PSU (or OSU for that matter) throws us a lifeboat. Pitt football is doing reasonably well at the moment, so I can’t see them wanting to elevate a competitor in their backyard (not that there’s much crossover with OSU) when they can keep us out and take advantage.

If I’m the ACC, you start with ND. I don’t think you get them, but that’s where you start. If that ship has sailed, you have to throw everything at keeping UNC. Keep UNC and you keep Duke, then you’re not forced to start looking at the UCF’s or Cincy’s of the world to backfill.

I know football rules the world. But I'd rather see Pitt win in a lesser league in FB than be at the bottom of a super league. They'll never compete in one of those big leagues anyhow.
And id like to see them in a really good basketball league.

Reactions: Ski11585
Na. The goofiest was when he blamed Capel for not being on the S Side the night Horton got arrested and bribing the cop to let him go!
I said then and still say that if any Pitt player gets in trouble, they should immediately call their coach and the coach should get to the scene ASAP. Pgh cops aren't doing Pitt athletes any favors like State College PD, Tuscaloosa PD, etc

There is NO defense to that idea my friend! ;)
There is. I stand by it. Had players been forced to wear masks during play, they should have played in Wheeling. No reason to play in masks in front of 0 fans when they could have busses an hour to play with no masks. In fact, the threat of that (not by Pitt specifically) could be why they later "clarified" that college and pro athletes didnt have to but HS kids did which made no sense on the surface because college and pro athletes can get Covid just like HS students

Drop football and put all your money into hoops.
It won’t happen, but this is what I wish would happen. I was a Pitt basketball fan first (you can thank my dad for that) and I loved the most recent 15-year run we had. Now that football is going to be on the outside looking, I hope we make basketball a priority. Find a way to get into the best basketball conference in the country, whether that’s the Big East or what’s left of the ACC.

It won’t happen, but this is what I wish would happen. I was a Pitt basketball fan first (you can thank my dad for that) and I loved the most recent 15-year run we had. Now that football is going to be on the outside looking, I hope we make basketball a priority. Find a way to get into the best basketball conference in the country, whether that’s the Big East or what’s left of the ACC.
ACC/Big East merger for all non-football sports.

There is. I stand by it. Had players been forced to wear masks during play, they should have played in Wheeling. No reason to play in masks in front of 0 fans when they could have busses an hour to play with no masks. In fact, the threat of that (not by Pitt specifically) could be why they later "clarified" that college and pro athletes didnt have to but HS kids did which made no sense on the surface because college and pro athletes can get Covid just like HS students

It would completely mess with the totality of my world view if you DIDN'T stand by the idiocy of your idea.

You really think the Big East is going to bail you out after last time. Lol good luck with that. Get ready to start playing ucf, cinn and western Kentucky.
Holy cow, I don’t think I’ve ever seen a Providence fan on Rivals before. Heck, I don’t think I’ve ever seen a Catholic 7 fan, period.

I guess there’s no love lost between you and the football schools! :oops:

Holy cow, I don’t think I’ve ever seen a Providence fan on Rivals before. Heck, I don’t think I’ve ever seen a Catholic 7 fan, period.

I guess there’s no love lost between you and the football schools! :oops:
Actually we ended up a lot better off in the long run . The football schools mot so much.

• Haha
Reactions: FireballZ
We just won the ACC championship in football. Thanks for checking in.
Lol Yeah and how's your basketball team doing. You were number one in the country and a national power in the old Big East. All the schools that left have hit the skids basketball wise. With the possible exception of Louisville.

Lol Yeah and how's your basketball team doing. You were number one in the country and a national power in the old Big East. All the schools that left have hit the skids basketball wise. With the possible exception of Louisville.
Football drives the bus in college sports skippy.

Reactions: HailToPitt725
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT