ADVERTISEMENT

F The Steelers

Steelers have a presence for a reason , they do things correct. Win or loss they treat there players with respect and they come back to celebrate their history. Can you say that for all franchises?
Well….really….in the players poll last year the Steelers players rated their facilities and player/ player family services as the worst in the NFL. After Dan Rooney passed the reins to his son, the organ. has been crap.

He's a POS human being? That's a pretty low blow. I'd love to hear you justify that remark.
Yeah. The steeler lore, if there was such a thing, is gone. The Steelers are now irrelevant, so I don’t get the OP and the steeler hate. And Tomlin must take credit for part of that. But he seems like a damn good human to me. So I don’t understand that one.

I dislike the Steelers way before the Kenny thing. Their fanbase is way too close to being psu for my liking.
May I ask where you are originally from? Im asking because your opinion strikes me as one from someone who moved here and has a hard time dealing with yinzers. Believe me, yinzer steeler fans annoy me too and I’m a fan. But I don’t think the majority of the steeler fan base is different than any other…except Boston or Philly. Those fanbases set the standard for douchbaggery.

May I ask where you are originally from? Im asking because your opinion strikes me as one from someone who moved here and has a hard time dealing with yinzers. Believe me, yinzer steeler fans annoy me too and I’m a fan. But I don’t think the majority of the steeler fan base is different than any other…except Boston or Philly. Those fanbases set the standard for douchbaggery.
Grew up in the north hills. Lived here my whole life. Grew up in a household that was not infatuated with the Steelers so that colored me a bit.

But the obsessive coverage has always been too much for me even as a kid. Got into Pitt through my best friend and my dad went to Pitt, though not a huge fan frankly because when I was growing up they sucked at everything.

My dad just doesn’t like football but loves basketball so we do have seasons for that

I dislike the Steelers way before the Kenny thing. Their fanbase is way too close to being psu for my liking.
Based on what? Simple solution is to get off twitter and Reddit and stop listening to Pittsburgh talk radio. Problem solved.
His teams were feared though.
They also had plenty of seasons where they underperformed and people doubted he could get them over the hump. Lots of revisionist history going on when looking at those teams.

Based on what? Simple solution is to get off twitter and Reddit and stop listening to Pittsburgh talk radio. Problem solved.

They also had plenty of seasons where they underperformed and people doubted he could get them over the hump. Lots of revisionist history going on when looking at those teams.
Meh. This was way before twitter and reddit. Even going back to when I was in high school I was never enthralled and their fans annoyed the living piss out of me.

Oh, another example of annoying yinzer fans..the penguins. Pittsburghers always act like this is a crazed hockey town, but if they are even mediocre no one pays attention.

Hell, even the Steelers, you see them go 7-10 this year tickets will be insanely cheap to go to games. I know every city is fair weather, but I think this city is incredibly spoiled to the point that if the team isn’t championship caliber they abandon the teams completely

Sure underperformance happened. No revisionist history here. Those teams were simply tough. That’s all. Same with the Ravens. Teams didn’t want to play them. And with the Cowher teams, if they lost it was because they beat themselves. Usually through QB play.

Oh, another example of annoying yinzer fans..the penguins. Pittsburghers always act like this is a crazed hockey town, but if they are even mediocre no one pays attention.

Hell, even the Steelers, you see them go 7-10 this year tickets will be insanely cheap to go to games. I know every city is fair weather, but I think this city is incredibly spoiled to the point that if the team isn’t championship caliber they abandon the teams completely
I wouldn’t label the Steelers fans fickle when you consider the downward trajectory of the team. 3 playoff wins in 13 years, one in the last 7 and embarrassing exits from the playoff for a decade and a half. They haven’t been a legitimate Super Bowl team since forever….it’s amazing the Steelers still receive the degree of support that they do. The owner’s lack of drive for winning championships and satisfaction with .500 records would be a complete turnoff in most nfl cities.

I don’t think we are that different when it comes to this. I don’t think Steeler or penguin fans are that special or different than any other. The only thing special about the steeler fan base is how far and wide it goes.

Once Crosby goes and the bottom falls out, Fenway Sports Group is in for a rough period of poor attendance. This might be a hockey town by comparison to the rest of the US…but it’s still NHL hockey and no one will go see a bad team.

I wouldn’t label the Steelers fans fickle when you consider the downward trajectory of the team. 3 playoff wins in 13 years, one in the last 7 and embarrassing exits from the playoff for a decade and a half. They haven’t been a legitimate Super Bowl team since forever….it’s amazing the Steelers still receive the degree of support that they do. The owner’s lack of drive for winning championships and satisfaction with .500 records would be a complete turnoff in most nfl cities.
I think Tomlin is already canned if he coached in the majority of other cities. People love him here, but the results don't match the praise IMHO.

I don’t think we are that different when it comes to this. I don’t think Steeler or penguin fans are that special or different than any other. The only thing special about the steeler fan base is how far and wide it goes.

Once Crosby goes and the bottom falls out, Fenway Sports Group is in for a rough period of poor attendance. This might be a hockey town by comparison to the rest of the US…but it’s still NHL hockey and no one will go see a bad team.
Hence why when the bottom did fall out they were last in the league in attendance..the penguins have managed for almost 40 years to have one of the top 2 players in the league on the team, and then a second player who is top 5.

By the way, word of advice. NEVER desecrate the Terrible Towel. Like ever. Because if you do bad things will follow. It’s science.

Signed,
Yinzer Steeler Fan

By the way, word of advice. NEVER desecrate the Terrible Towel. Like ever. Because if you do bad things will follow. It’s science.

Signed,
Yinzer Steeler Fan
Now that I agree with. The towel raises money for severely mentally and physically disabled children. I don't buy much into the curse, but the towel has a bigger cause than just rooting for the Steelers.

Now that I agree with. The towel raises money for severely mentally and physically disabled children. I don't buy much into the curse, but the towel has a bigger cause than just rooting for the Steelers.
The cause is great. But don’t desecrate it because if you do, you lose.

Oh and Renegade is the bestest. Styx is so awesome. When that song plays, the song and the fans will our team to victory each and every time.

Yeah, I would have agreed with this in the past, but they've managed to really snag into the younger demographic that views going to games as an event where you have some beers and meet friends, with somewhat less emphasis on wins and losses. I think their attendance will be more resilient than you think. Now, if it had Pirate-long incompetence, different story, but if they have the usual NHL dip then reversal after a few years of high picks, they'll be OK.

I think the fall is coming, and I am hoping it comes this year, because no team can truly be great in the NHL without a top-five pick that turns into a true stud, or two or three. Let the lottery picks come now, sooner rather than later.

I am a die hard Steeler fan. With that being said, there needs to be a coaching change. Art has gotten way too comfortable with tomlin. Art is happy with the team being average or slightly above. The rest of the league has transitioned to a more wide open offense except 1. For me tomlin is overrated.
Great, he has never had a losing season, but having a franchise quarterback for 14 of those years really helped. People can b*tch and moan about Kevin Colbert's drafts, but he gave tomlin talent. Did colbert miss on picks? Yes he did, but tell me a GM who didn't.
Once again I go back to tomlin. There has been some high quality talent on this team yet he comes up short in the playoffs. Go back and look at the 3 wins he has had in those 14 years. They beat the he// out of a bad Miami team, kicked 6 field goals vs Kansas City and if it hadn't been for dumb and dumber in Cincinnati, they would have lost that game. BTW, they had a 15 point lead going into the 4th quarter against a back-up quarterback.

As far as people complaining about the fanbase, deal with it. Some are knowledgeable, but there are those who are not. Fortunately I do not listen to local sportstalk, mainly Sirius/XM, but even there you have callers who don't have a clue.

In closing, Art is not his dad. Dan would not have sat back accepting the team being slightly above average. I will root for this team every week, but if they finish under .500 tomlin may decide it is time to step away for a year or 2.

In closing, Art is not his dad. Dan would not have sat back accepting the team being slightly above average. I will root for this team every week, but if they finish under .500 tomlin may decide it is time to step away for a year or 2.
He just got a big contract extension after going 7 years without a playoff win. Tomlin has absolutely zero pressure to perform.

Well….really….in the players poll last year the Steelers players rated their facilities and player/ player family services as the worst in the NFL. After Dan Rooney passed the reins to his son, the organ. has been crap.
Actually they weren’t rated the worst, it was 28th out of 32.

Dude, just shut up.

A Pirate fan bagging on Steeler and Penguin fans. That's pretty rich. There's always April....

I will say this, and I am a big Tomlin fan, as I have a hard time separating the man from the coach. I do think that maybe current Art is too enamored with the concept that since 1967-8, we've only had 3 coaches. There's a lot of inertia there. I'm not in fire-Tomlin camp, but I can see why some think that Art doesn't move fast enough. It's human nature in this kind of situation. When your franchise is universally held to be "stable", you don't want to make it appear unstable.

Reactions: doubleAA's
I hope they lose every game
That is all. H2P
Oh No Dancing GIF by Insecure on HBO

Well, this is the first year I dont have season tickets, I didnt renew this season. My uncle did the same thing. Just cant pay to watch Russ the @ss clown play.

I know the Steelers wont miss my money, but I dont care, I will love the extra money.

You know, this is a good effort, but even with this try-hard attitude against the Steelers, Kenny Pickett isn’t going to be your friend.

Why the Pickett hate on the Pitt board? The kid played well, he was 13-4 in starts finished, and he had the second fewest INT % in all of football. The reason we sucked was we had the #29th ranked run game, and Johnson missed 6 games. Our #2 receiver was Allen freaking Robinson the first half of the year last year. We hardly improved in that regard by the way. Like to see what Wilson can do if Pickens and Freiermuth are injured like they were for Kenny. I think we dont go 6-3 again.

if Van Jefferson overperforms then i think this team, if they stay healthy, can prove the betting odds makers wrong and go 8-9.. But a lot of things need to go right for this too happen..

I have no reason to root against the Steelers. Sure a lot of their fans suck but I don’t cheer for them.

Similarly, I would really like to see Mike Tomlin make his critics eat crow but that’s not happening.

Trade away WR 2 and don’t replace him. Start some bum on the OL over a high draft pick because said bum won’t play the other side.

Get rid of 2 average quarterbacks to bring in a washed up one and a former high drafted one only to start the former.

One of the primary RBs is dealing with a hamstring injury.

10-7, 9-8 is that good enough? Apparently so. Who needs 7 Super Bowls when you don’t have any losing regular seasons?

moving to a city and not being from there, and being surrounded by the local rabid fan base is annoying. i get it, if you move to pittsburgh, steeler fans can be annoying. i moved to DC for a few years and was instantly annoyed by Caps fans.

they dont care about the redskins so that didnt bother me but this was right when Ovi and the Caps were becoming good and i grew very quicklty to hate anything and everything capitols.

So i get it. im sure i'd be the same way with eagles fans if i moved to Philly or yanks fans if i moved to NYC or the browns in cleveland. you dont care about a team and then move to an area where you are surrounded by it, all fan bases will annoy you..

I will say this, and I am a big Tomlin fan, as I have a hard time separating the man from the coach. I do think that maybe current Art is too enamored with the concept that since 1967-8, we've only had 3 coaches. There's a lot of inertia there. I'm not in fire-Tomlin camp, but I can see why some think that Art doesn't move fast enough. It's human nature in this kind of situation. When your franchise is universally held to be "stable", you don't want to make it appear unstable.
That's a fair point, but I think that ship has sailed already. The Steelers way died and the team seems a shell of it's former self. What frustrate me is all the chatter about Tomlin winning with less talent as if he had no hand in the roster construction. He has his DNA all over this team and his preferred style of play is archaic. But hey I guess if you have red paint paint your barn red right 👍
No Way Week 3 GIF by NFL On Prime Video

Why the Pickett hate on the Pitt board? The kid played well, he was 13-4 in starts finished, and he had the second fewest INT % in all of football. The reason we sucked was we had the #29th ranked run game, and Johnson missed 6 games. Our #2 receiver was Allen freaking Robinson the first half of the year last year. We hardly improved in that regard by the way. Like to see what Wilson can do if Pickens and Freiermuth are injured like they were for Kenny. I think we dont go 6-3 again.
The only thing worse than watching the Steelers' offense the past two years was watching Pitt's offense. The QB play did not help the situation for either team.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT