ADVERTISEMENT

Fanfest This Year?

singregardless

Redshirt
Jul 3, 2012
Is Fanfest going to be a thing this year?

Noticed they put out info for the Kickoff Luncheon already and that's usually something the same week of Fanfest.

... Was actually looking forward to going this year.

I saw the PG beat writer tweet that it was not going to happen this year. Excuse had something to do with practices starting a week earlier this year, but that doesn't make sense to me

Reactions: singregardless
I saw the PG beat writer tweet that it was not going to happen this year. Excuse had something to do with practices starting a week earlier this year, but that doesn't make sense to me

Some of those autographs end up on ebay but I hope that's not why they aren't doing it.

Disagree. Spring games are for fans panther fests are for little kids
Which probably makes the Fan Fest even more important. Need to start em young and hope they become life-long fans, which might translate into donations in the long term.

Kind of OT, but that reminds me of when I was younger and was walking out of the stadium after a loss. "Get out of it while you can," said an old man. Guess I didn't know what I was getting myself into :)

So I wonder WHO is responsible for organizing and communicating Fan Fest details? I think I know the answer but was just testing the posters.

Events like this need to be communicated way ahead of the event since most normal people plan their weekends months and months ahead of events.

For example in September Mrs Buffett and I mark down the PITT home games we plan to attend and work our beach, golf, bicyle road races, around the PITT games. All of these activities require lead time to make hotel and other arrangements!

Well families might see Fan Fest details and decide to attend a PITT game which is unlikely if they get the info at the the last minute.

I stopped going to Fanfest when Pitt stopped doing the practice in conjunction with the event. Autographs don't interest me and I don't have any children to take...

Go Pitt.

Reactions: DiehardPanther
So I wonder WHO is responsible for organizing and communicating Fan Fest details? I think I know the answer but was just testing the posters.

Yeah, I wonder who is responsible for organizing and communicating details about something that isn't happening as well.

Just testing!

I can see how Fanfest could be seen as a "distraction" when held close to the opening of the season. Similarly, the Kickoff Luncheon has been moved to the Friday a week before the opener instead of the Friday before the opener. A good move, I think, though it prevents some folks who come into town for the opener from attending...

Go Pitt.

Reactions: DiehardPanther
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT