ADVERTISEMENT

For those that made Pitt road trips, which was best/worst? Your likes/dislikes? Better than HzF?

Favorite for atmosphere was Virginia Tech in 2002. I'm hoping it's a night game or at least 3:30 p.m. this year. Only reason I didn't pick Clemson is their stadium wasn't full for that game and it doesn't get very loud at the top of that stadium.

Utah fans can all eat multiple bags of dicks after their behavior at the 2005 Fiesta Bowl. Never seen a more obnoxious group of people, including WVU. Iowa State fans weren't much better at the 2000 Insight Bowl.

Since I pride myself on being a true and loyal Pitt fan......i made the trek to the BBVA bowl against Ole Miss to join 17 other Panther faithful fans in attendance that day.

And like a true Pitt fan.......I walked out of Legion Field at halftime after watching yet another putrid display of Pitt football.....

The trip wasnt a total waste.My buddy and I managed to get to the Robert Trent Jones Golf Trail and get 18 in at Oxmoor Valley.

Cold day on the course.....but far more enjoyable than a cold day watching Pitt get their asses handed to them........

Reactions: bubba31
1. a&m. great fans good tailgating and the stadium inside was a sight. they are 200% engaged and have cool traditions
2. Nebraska great fans. classy as heck.
3. nd very historic, great campus, annoying fans though

Reactions: ChooChoo Panther
Since I pride myself on being a true and loyal Pitt fan......i made the trek to the BBVA bowl against Ole Miss to join 17 other Panther faithful fans in attendance that day.

And like a true Pitt fan.......I walked out of Legion Field at halftime after watching yet another putrid display of Pitt football.....

The trip wasnt a total waste.My buddy and I managed to get to the Robert Trent Jones Golf Trail and get 18 in at Oxmoor Valley.

Cold day on the course.....but far more enjoyable than a cold day watching Pitt get their asses handed to them........

Why are you a "Pitt fan"? Are you a Pitt fan? Some say that you are not. I'm beginning to believe them...All you do is complain and insult.

Find another team to complain about and spare us your misery...

Reactions: FireballZ
I agree with lots of others for VaTech as being best/most enjoyable. Toledo was the worst.

If you're Catholic, the Saturday evening mass at the Notre Dame on campus basilica immediately following the game end is awe inspiring.

There are a lot of great replies to the thread I created and some very passionate Pitt football fans, which Pitt needs more of:

,1. Nebraska- A state trooper who saw us in Pitt gear pulled up to the curb-- asked how we were and drove us in his cop car to our hotel after just getting off a red-eye. Stadium reeked of tradition, people were great, and made for a great trip.

Dislike VT: Weather is never good it seems... the fans are semi-pompous asses like junior Nitters and I hate where visiting fans are located. They actually THINK they are a fabled powerhouse, um... without the facts.

Why are you a "Pitt fan"? Are you a Pitt fan? Some say that you are not. I'm beginning to believe them...All you do is complain and insult.

Find another team to complain about and spare us your misery...

cmon meister,

thicken up your skin. What he said has a lot of truth in it. And it was written in a rather funny way.

I met Las and his wife at a tailgate last year. He is a true Pitt fan that wants greatness just like most of us on this board.

Which ass kicking? The SMU one or the Ole Miss one?

Adding a video board and visiting team tunnel is a huge change for them.
In no order on 1-10 scale

Navy-9: twice.great views: lawn seating
WVU-3: abundant A holes. Lousy ingress
PSU-3.... sardines...and Aholes
OSU-7... I was there for 76-0
Buffalo: 3....nasty day and few fans
Ford Field: 9 great place and oddly intimate
ND: 8. Fans were good and tailgating A+
Fiesta Bowl: 2 Rat trap
UC: 5 fans suck but cool venue
VTech: 8...good stadium

True and Loyal?

cmon meister,

thicken up your skin. What he said has a lot of truth in it. And it was written in a rather funny way.

I met Las and his wife at a tailgate last year. He is a true Pitt fan that wants greatness just like most of us on this board.

1. Sorry, I don't think it's funny and probably a lot of us feel the same way... To each his own...

2. He ALWAYS has something negative to say.... Always...

Reactions: FireballZ
Best place ever was Navy. Small stadium and the best thing? Extremely lax security in the 9/11 era, I love being unsafe! We could go out to the tailgate and drink at halftime, then come back in, just some old guy waving us through.

i would love to see Pitt play Army at West Point!!! Fall day at West Point cool crisp wind on the Hudson campus and a Pitt win against the Cadets!!! Nothing better for a college football fan who loves tradition and pageantry!!!!

Only wish Army got over whatever it is that killed the rivalry!!! Time the schedule makers at Army put away the "axe and they're grinding"!!!

VT overrated, Virginia and ND very good, WVU nasty, PSU, same at VT with added pedophiles in the area

I am going to answer from the opposite direction. As a WVU fan my favorite all time road trip was to the old Pitt stadium in 1988. That was a great old stadium without a bad seat in the house. It was my first opportunity to observe WVU fans in a road game. I saw a group of guys come in with an empty ice chest & a bag of ice. after they sat down they proceeded to fill the cooler with beer from every possible location in their clothing.
After the game I saw a bus with a bed sheet on the side reading "Puck Fitt".in giant letters. The Mountaineers won big so it was a good day.

The Bowl Game against Navy was the best. A ton of Pitt fans out and about the night before. It was a very good time.

Purdue back in 1986 (I think) was a great time. The students were tailgating at 9:00 in the morning and invited us to join them. Their fans were even nice to us after the game despite the butt kicking we gave them. What I remember most about the game was Rod Woodson played every down on offense and defense-and returned punts & kickoffs. He was a once in a lifetime athlete.

The worst was Ohio State in 1985 because the field goal we kicked was good and called wide right. We lose 10-7. We took a lot of abuse from Buckeye fans rubbing it in.

UNC and UVA fans were great. Had no issues and was a fun atmosphere. UVA definitely has one of the nicer stadiums love their lawn where you can sit on. Also Charlottesville is awesome if you like hiking.

The worst was Ohio State in 1985 because the field goal we kicked was good and called wide right. We lose 10-7. We took a lot of abuse from Buckeye fans rubbing it in.

I was there and sitting behind the goal post with a perfect view of the not wide right blown call.

ADVERTISEMENT