ADVERTISEMENT

Fox Sports

TheSpecialSauce

Chancellor
Gold Member
Nov 15, 2019
They have a lot at stake and I wouldn’t be surprised to see them counter by steering additions to the Big 10 and Pac 12. You might even see a super conference formed between them.

They have a lot at stake and I wouldn’t be surprised to see them counter by steering additions to the Big 10 and Pac 12. You might even see a super conference formed between them.
I don't doubt it. Sitting back and letting the chips fall where they may is a lousy strategy whether you're a network, a conference or a school.

Reactions: BFo8 and TD_6082
Read somewhere that the belief is that ESPN had to have been involved in the TX/OK/SEC negotiations because they would benefit in steering two of the top teams away from FOX.

How long before Fox implores the NCAA to "Stop the Steal" of two of their anchor programs?
You win Pantherlair for this week!

BTW, wasnt "fake news" invented by The Dude? I mean I'm not talking slanted news which is what people call "fake news" now. I mean straight-up falsehoods, completely made-up BS. The Dude basically started that and I still believe he played a major role in Clemson and Florida State exploring the Big 12. Heck, FSU fans were all set to go. Their board had to talk sense in them. Clemson fans preferred staying in the ACC but not by a great majority. They might have been 60/40 for ACC. FSU was like 90/10 or 80/20 for the Big 12.

BTW, this is insane but in googling The Dude just now, I found this article which states Roger Stone cited the WVU Rivals Message Board in 2017.

BTW, wasnt "fake news" invented by The Dude? I mean I'm not talking slanted news which is what people call "fake news" now. I mean straight-up falsehoods, completely made-up BS. The Dude basically started that and I still believe he played a major role in Clemson and Florida State exploring the Big 12. Heck, FSU fans were all set to go. Their board had to talk sense in them. Clemson fans preferred staying in the ACC but not by a great majority. They might have been 60/40 for ACC. FSU was like 90/10 or 80/20 for the Big 12.

BTW, this is insane but in googling The Dude just now, I found this article which states Roger Stone cited the WVU Rivals Message Board in 2017.

And you guys don't want WVU in the ACC? Look at their influence!

If Fox really cared to stop UT and OU from leaving, they just have to offer more money to the conference. They could always tell the B1G to go hard for the two schools and back channel it that way but that's risky. But it's not like they fully control the situation. ESPN is paying for the LH network.

Truthfully, Fox probably isn't mad this is happening. They haven't been getting back what they put into the current deal.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT