ADVERTISEMENT

Friday NCAAT thread

Ledee for SD St with a dominant performance. Him and Broome from Auburn should be a good one. Auburn with more talent and depth overall but 2 really good bigs.

MWC tourney champs down 20 to Clemson and Clemson only shooting 44%

Watching this league get absolutely boat raced is giving me a lot of enjoyment.

This is why the eye test needs to be used and the last 10 games of the season and not just the paper champions of the non conference schedule and the NET rankings. All the 4 and 5 star talent is getting developed by years end and these teams with all their 5 and 6 year redshirt seniors no long have the advantage like in the non conference schedule early on when the stud freshmen and sophomores are still getting their feet wet. Talent wins in the tournament.

And Indiana State would have got their ass kicked too.

Watching this league get absolutely boat raced is giving me a lot of enjoyment.

This is why the eye test needs to be used and the last 10 games of the season and not just the paper champions of the non conference schedule and the NET rankings. All the 4 and 5 star talent is getting developed by years end and these teams with all their 5 and 6 year redshirt seniors no long have the advantage like in the non conference schedule early on when the stud freshmen and sophomores are still getting their feet wet. Talent wins in the tournament.

And Indiana State would have got their ass kicked too.
You do realize this contradicts much of yesterday's argument?

Clemson is a team of vets and they are ONLY in the tournament safely because of their OOC. Their ACC record was weak. They didn't best anyone of note in their last 10 games & were last seen getting a 20 beat-down at the hands of Boston College.

Where was Kentucky's 4 & 5 star freshman talent at year's end?

You do realize this contradicts much of yesterday's argument?

Clemson is a team of vets and they are ONLY in the tournament safely because of their OOC. Their ACC record was weak. They didn't best anyone of note in their last 10 games & were last seen getting a 20 beat-down at the hands of Boston College.
Your whole argument against Pitt, Clemson etc. is their ACC wins don't matter, which ACC teams will continue to prove you wrong about through the tournament. You said last 10 games to keep UNC off the list, who they beat 11 games ago, which was clever too. Yes it's true Clemson made it more because they beat South Carolina and TCU but this shouldn't be a surprise considering the ACC is now 10-3 head to head against the Big 12 and the ACC-SEC challenge was tied 7-7.

Your whole argument against Pitt, Clemson etc. is their ACC wins don't matter, which ACC teams will continue to prove you wrong about through the tournament. You said last 10 games to keep UNC off the list, who they beat 11 games ago, which was clever too. Yes it's true Clemson made it more because they beat South Carolina and TCU but this shouldn't be a surprise considering the ACC is now 10-3 head to head against the Big 12 and the ACC-SEC challenge was tied 7-7.

The ACC putting 4 in the Sweet 16 will certainly shut a lot of people up.

I said last 10 games because Vader used the criteria of last 10. But sure, throw in 11 if you want. Clemson didn't only beat South Carolina & TCU. They also beat UAB, Alabama, and Boise. They lost to Memphis. I think their overall body of work says they deserved to be in. They aren't very good, but they deserved to be in.

Anyone can use one & done tourney results to support almost any argument they want to make.

I have no sympathy for teams like Pitt & UVA when it comes to getting in tournament. Their overall body of work was weak. They were both clearly on the bubble at the discretion of the committee. NC State is a different animal. They were mediocre at best for practically the entire year. But give the Pack their due, they stepped up their game when they had a chance to control their own destiny, earn their way in and leave nothing in the hands of the committee. Pitt & Virginia had the same opportunity NCSU did, with 2 fewer games to win. They couldn't get it done.

I still think that UNC is the only team from the ACC with a team good enough to win the Tourney.

I said last 10 games because Vader used the criteria of last 10. But sure, throw in 11 if you want. Clemson didn't only beat South Carolina & TCU. They also beat UAB, Alabama, and Boise. They lost to Memphis. I think their overall body of work says they deserved to be in. They aren't very good, but they deserved to be in.

Anyone can use one & done tourney results to support almost any argument they want to make.

I have no sympathy for teams like Pitt & UVA when it comes to getting in tournament. Their overall body of work was weak. They were both clearly on the bubble at the discretion of the committee. NC State is a different animal. They were mediocre at best for practically the entire year. But give the Pack their due, they stepped up their game when they had a chance to control their own destiny, earn their way in and leave nothing in the hands of the committee. Pitt & Virginia had the same opportunity NCSU did, with 2 fewer games to win. They couldn't get it done.

I still think that UNC is the only team from the ACC with a team good enough to win the Tourney.
Mediocre for the entire year?

Pitt was 12-4 in their last 16 games.
5-3 against the field
3 of those wins were on the road.

UVA was awful the last 2 months.

Mediocre for the entire year?

Pitt was 12-4 in their last 16 games.
5-3 against the field
3 of those wins were on the road.

UVA was awful the last 2 months.
I was talking about NCSU. NC State was mediocre the entire year up until the ACC tournament.

UVA was 12-5 the last 2 months of the season.

I watched the end of that UAB/SDSU game... UAB absolutely sucked, or else the MWC might be out of this thing even sooner.

Probably won't happen, but I hope Duke goes down. I don't care about conference perception; give me Fillipowski crying instead.

Reactions: Pittisit4me
Looks like Wisconsin is setting basketball back 5 decades again.

I expect UNC & NC State to advance which will put the ACC 10th place team into the sweet 16.

Looks like Duke might get JMU. Clemson will have the toughest challenge with Baylor.

Looks like Jamie making another early exit if TCU doesn't get it going. Kind of a shame, I thought his team's athleticism might give Purdue fits.

JMU (plus Liberty) would be great additions to the ACC if it weren’t for their academics. Great fanbases with excellent basketball facilities… if North Carolina can have four members in the same state, why can’t Virginia? ;)

Jamie has no shooters again.
Pretty anti-climatic
So how is that Perdue C not in the NBA ? people said he will suck there ?

Jamie has no shooters again.
Pretty anti-climatic
So how is that Perdue C not in the NBA ? people said he will suck there ?
I haven’t followed him much, but if I had to guess it’s because he lacks the athleticism/quickness required of big men at the next level. Not sure about how outside shooting, either… he seems like the type of prospect who would’ve been a top five pick 30 years ago.

I haven’t followed him much, but if I had to guess it’s because he lacks the athleticism/quickness required of big men at the next level. Not sure about how outside shooting, either… he seems like the type of prospect who would’ve been a top five pick 30 years ago.
my rebuttal , cant Pitt cant get a dominant player that wont translate to the NBA ?
we get the ones that average 8 points and go straight to the draft??
and the gurus basically wish away our best players after game 3 of their careers.

Danny Sprinkle should be a very easy choice for Coach of the Year, I mean how many guys have had this much success returning no players that scored a single point from the year before. Unfortunately in this era you will probably see more of that moving forward.

Danny Sprinkle should be a very easy choice for Coach of the Year, I mean how many guys have had this much success returning no players that scored a single point from the year before. Unfortunately in this era you will probably see more of that moving forward.
Yes that’s insane not a single returning point, no players. Built a whole new team that looked pretty good vs TCU. Next match up going to be tough for them tho.

I was talking about NCSU. NC State was mediocre the entire year up until the ACC tournament.

UVA was 12-5 the last 2 months of the season.

They literally lost the two games before that sample, and the two post season games after that sample.

Talk about selective endpoints

• Haha
Reactions: Fk_Pitt
They literally lost the two games before that sample, and the two post season games after that sample.

Talk about selective endpoints
I started at Selection Sunday (March 17) and went back exactly 2 months. That's the last 2 months of work the Selection Committee had on UVA wasn't it? I literally counted EXACTLY 2 months.

Somebody mentioned last 10 games earlier. so I go and count back 10 games (as opposed to 9 or 11) and I got called selective then too. 😂

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT