ADVERTISEMENT

Game Thread - Iowa State

Serious question: We were up like 22-4, right? Or 22-6.

Would we be going into the half with a bigger lead if, at that point, we just held the ball on every possession and then punted it into the stands when the shot clock hit 1?

Gotta get into the half and reset.

Still playing decent D but beyond awful on offense. Too much standing around

I mean the formula continues to be half-court press against us. Were they not doing this early on? I haven't seen us do much against it all year. And it makes sense, given how slow and unathletic we are.

I don’t know about that but when he plays physical guards he is just another guy.
Isnt everyone physical. Wouldnt need last second heroics if he didnt turn it over on dumb plays…. He has to wait for hinson to get set, but know he just drives his guy into him … that is why hinson looked back at him

I mean the formula continues to be half-court press against us. Were they not doing this early on? I haven't seen us do much against it all year. And it makes sense, given how slow and unathletic we are.
Its all good. Jason Capel is dialing up the halftime adjustments :)

Start the second half the same way

Which was

Lock down confusing defense…

Hit some shots but don’t panic

Stop the sloppy turnovers…

Grab rebounds and don’t try too much immediately like dangerous passes

Isnt everyone physical. Wouldnt need last second heroics if he didnt turn it over on dumb plays…. He has to wait for hinson to get set, but know he just drives his guy into him … that is why hinson looked back at him
Well maybe it’s more that ISU is really extending out its defense and guarding out near the logo

We made 3 3s and 3 2s that half. That's it. Iowa State looks better than us right now. Needed to knock them out and go up about 25.

Shows why a great defense will always be able to keep a team in the game, no matter what the deficit to overcome is. This game will stay close as long as Pitt can hit some shots and ISU doesn't convert. Their defense is the difference. If Pitt continues the cold shooting and carries that over into the second half, ISU will handle us easily after we were up by 20 points.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT