ADVERTISEMENT

Game Thread - Iowa State

Jesus when this team struggles it really struggles.
Serious question: We were up like 22-4, right? Or 22-6.

Would we be going into the half with a bigger lead if, at that point, we just held the ball on every possession and then punted it into the stands when the shot clock hit 1?
we were up
Start the second half the same way

Which was

Lock down confusing defense…

Hit some shots but don’t panic

Stop the sloppy turnovers…

Grab rebounds and don’t try too much immediately like dangerous passes
can we also get ISU to miss every open shot they take again?

So, rewinding. 22-4, we basically turned it over 3 straight times. The third time was when ISU batted the rebound to the backcourt. It was a clear violation.

We made 3 3s and 3 2s that half. That's it. Iowa State looks better than us right now. Needed to knock them out and go up about 25.

Do they look better or more athletic? Asking as someone who missed most of the first half. Cause Mississippi State certainly looked way more athletic, but their lack offensive skill did them in. They were getting way better looks; they just weren't making them. I'm hoping ISU is equally as offensively deficient.

I wonder when GDG got clubbed in the face if that was why he had to sit out so long? Things definitely slogged after that

Their D didn’t affect us for the first 10 minutes or so We just stopped executing and got sloppy
No they definitely dialed their D up a couple of notches. they took away the rim, and took control of the defensive boards.

They had been her flat footed and lax for the first 10 minutes, they let us space them out and go at them. they tightened all that up.

Why don’t they even try to box out it’s astonishing how bad they are with even putting themselves in a spot to give them the best chance for a rebound

Why don’t they even try to box out it’s astonishing how bad they are with even putting themselves in a spot to give them the best chance for a rebound
We have been doing this “swarm to the ball” when a shot goes up, maybe hoping numbers will compensate for not doing the fundamental thing … ?

We can't get a shot. I think we need Fede in there. GDG offers no interior scoring threat really.

Players need to learn to pull up and shoot a short jumper instead of going wildly to the basket and committing charges

Reactions: Protes
Hinson needs to take a break shooting the deep 3s.

I tried telling people this last time. Sure, it's cool when he makes one from out there. But how many has he launched this season that barely grazed rim? Shooting from farther back - as opposed to ball movement, etc. - as a means of "getting open," well... there's a reason they will give you that shot.

Iowa State can’t shoot good grief that is what is saving Pitt right now. Letting the little point guard get offensive rebounds is ridiculous but they are still ahead

I tried telling people this last time. Sure, it's cool when he makes one from out there. But how many has he launched this season that barely grazed rim? Shooting from farther back - as opposed to ball movement, etc. - as a means of "getting open," well... there's a reason they will give you that shot.

I’m ok with the deep 3s but after missing so many perhaps you need to get the ball elsewhere. Of course every time I say that he starts hitting them.

Hinson has missed some open looks, man. Talking about ones that wouldn't win you a free apartment for a year. I hope none of those come back to bite us.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT