ADVERTISEMENT

GAME THREAD - Pitt vs FSU .......

Ho

How old is he? Weird
I have no idea who the guy is. Just when he posted earlier people started mentioning him. His posts basically sounded like a depressed sociopath Nitter's statements so I instantly couldn't stand the guy.

Plus why wouldn't Chris do anything? If Phil did what you claim that is taking things to a whole other level. That's insane.

I have no idea what's true but that's the same story Phil - if it was Phil posted. But I think that's when UPitt89 first became aware of it too so who the hell knows.

I have no idea what's true but that's the same story Phil - if it was Phil posted. But I think that's when UPitt89 first became aware of it too so who the hell knows.
Yeah but half the time Phil says he never bet him and then half the time he says he did. Just bizarre on a lot of fronts.

Plus why wouldn't Chris do anything? If Phil did what you claim that is taking things to a whole other level. That's insane.

He first called and said that he was me and forgot his password and wanted into the account. They said they'd send an email with a new password to my email account. Obviously that didn't work for him, since they sent the email to my email account and he had no access to it.

He then called saying he was one of my relatives and needed to get in touch with me. He was very convincing, because the Rivals guy gave him the number. Immediately after that, I got a call from rivals saying they were sorry, but one of their interns made a mistake and gave out my number. They profusely apologized and said they would make sure it never happened again.

Then the next day I got the crank call from Phil. I sent Peak an angry email about it saying that this was unacceptable.... and Chris looked into it and said there was nothing Rivals could do about it now and that they had no record of Rivals calling me.... even though it showed up on my phone as the Rivals phone number and I gave that information to Chris. Chris apologized and said that all they could do was to keep banning Phil every time he created a new account.

He's a sociopath. That's the bottom line.

Yeah but half the time Phil says he never bet him and then half the time he says he did. Just bizarre on a lot of fronts.
Hundreds of people saw all the betting threads. Phil, if that's his name, is lying. Like he always does.

He first called and said that he was me and forgot his password and wanted into the account. They said they'd send an email with a new password to my email account. Obviously that didn't work for him, since they sent the email to my email account and he had no access to it.

He then called saying he was one of my relatives and needed to get in touch with me. He was very convincing, because the Rivals guy gave him the number. Immediately after that, I got a call from rivals saying they were sorry, but one of their interns made a mistake and gave out my number. They profusely apologized and said they would make sure it never happened again.

Then the next day I got the crank call from Phil. I sent Peak an angry email about it saying that this was unacceptable.... and Chris looked into it and said there was nothing Rivals could do about it now and that they had no record of Rivals calling me.... even though it showed up on my phone as the Rivals phone number and I gave that information to Chris. Chris apologized and said that all they could do was to keep banning Phil every time he created a new account.

He's a sociopath. That's the bottom line.
Wow!!! That is insane. You should have taken a pic of the rivals number on your phone and sent it to Chris. That is insane. I would have never thought he was that extreme.

I'm no psychiatrist and I saw just two or three posts the guy made today. I can convincingly tell you he is one deeply sickened and disturbed individual. After hearing that story, I really wish nothing but the worst for that weirdo.

No one knew about all the back story. A simple bet that really is much much more involved and crazy.

I have a different phone number and address now, so I'm not too worried about him. But someday, he is going to hurt himself or someone else if he doesn't get help.

There are ranked teams with worse resumes than Pitt. If we win enough games, we're in the tourney. They play enough tough conference games that their record will show how good or not good they are.
Very curious if Duke will finally drop out of the top 25 with their 5 losses. It's ridiculous how much space they get.

Very curious if Duke will finally drop out of the top 25 with their 5 losses. It's ridiculous how much space they get.
They'lll get leeway (justified) by Amire Jefferson being out.... at least with the committee. Polls don't matter, so don't really care there.

Defense and second chance points won that game for Pitt. That's the way it always is. If we play defense like we did in the second half, get the transition points and second chance points, draw fouls, and rebound, we usually win. Those are the constants with most teams, especially Pitt.

And the biggest play of the game? Luther passing out to Artis for the 3 late in the game. That was one of the best plays of the year.

I'm no psychiatrist and I saw just two or three posts the guy made today. I can convincingly tell you he is one deeply sickened and disturbed individual. After hearing that story, I really wish nothing but the worst for that weirdo.

Definitely agree with this. The posts I have seen this sicko post on this board and TOS are just sick and perverted and scream of someone who needs to be committed to a mental institution. I frankly feel sorry for this psycho pervert but can't help but also feel some desire for him to get his due someday. And he will.

Reactions: Pittx9
Defense and second chance points won that game for Pitt. That's the way it always is. If we play defense like we did in the second half, get the transition points and second chance points, draw fouls, and rebound, we usually win. Those are the constants with most teams, especially Pitt.

And the biggest play of the game? Luther passing out to Artis for the 3 late in the game. That was one of the best plays of the year.
Teams HAVE to play good defense. People kept banging a drum that offense is a lot more important, but having a bad defense does two things. It makes you fall behind when you shoot 30% and give up 50%, and makes it impossible to come back because you cannot generate stops. The best teams are balanced, but you can be the best offense in the land, but unless you can stop the other guy, many times it will get you run out of the building, like NC St. If you play great defense but have below average offense, you may lose, but you generally stay in games longer and have a shot at least.

Reactions: PittPoker
Agree. Too much favoritism for teams like Duke. A win may have salvaged that and they may remain in the rankings, but I'm not so sure I would agree with that right now.

Agree. Too much favoritism for teams like Duke. A win may have salvaged that and they may remain in the rankings, but I'm not so sure I would agree with that right now.

Duke may have a lot of favoritism, but guess what? They're the reigning NCAAMB Champs! And if you compare how they performed vs NC State to how we did, I can't see them (Duke) being ranked lower than us. But all things aside, Duke does get the benefit of the doubt when it comes to rankings, and even, I'm guessing, seeds. Results matter; they have the winning-est coach and a plethora of NCAA Titles. Be as jealous as you want or not. And personally, I'm NOT a big fan of Duke Basketball and Coach K, but I respect what they and their program have accomplished

Duke may have a lot of favoritism, but guess what? They're the reigning NCAAMB Champs! And if you compare how they performed vs NC State to how we did, I can't see them (Duke) being ranked lower than us. But all things aside, Duke does get the benefit of the doubt when it comes to rankings, and even, I'm guessing, seeds. Results matter; they have the winning-est coach and a plethora of NCAA Titles. Be as jealous as you want or not. And personally, I'm NOT a big fan of Duke Basketball and Coach K, but I respect what they and their program have accomplished

What a team did last season or at any other time in the past should have absolutely no bearing what so ever on where they are ranked this season. Rankings aren't supposed to be a lifetime achievement award, they are supposed to be a reflection of the strength of the current team in the current season. Nothing more, nothing less.

Absolutely. May be why I personally think they're so overrated this year too, I had very high expectations for them. Actually I thought Duke and not UNC should have been favorites to win the ACC and maybe even preseason #1. As for the NC State games, I don't know if Duke should be ranked higher or lower than us but you can't look at one common opponent to make that decision. I don't think Duke should be ranked right now, but I still think they will reel off some wins and be in the tournament. I just don't think they're a top 25 team right now, but some others are really overreacting in how bad they're claiming Duke is. You're absolutely right, they're still Duke.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT