ADVERTISEMENT

GAME THREAD - PITT vs NOTRE DAME ......

It’s one thing to lose

by why do we continuously have these absolute SOUL DESTROYING SANITY CRUSHING KICK IN THE BALLS REPEATEDLY TYPE GAMES?!?!

why??

This was an especially gutless awful coaching job on offense. How whipple keeps his job is mind numbing. For that. Very reason duzz has to go.

you don’t talk a kid up put him in for one series and then yank him. He don’t do anything to deserve getting benched

Yes. They way waited too long to put Beville in and then he gets pulled after just one series.

Coach Narduzzi and Whipple just don’t know what they are doing.

Please, I'd like to hear from one of the koolaid drinkers who predicted 9 or even 10 wins before the season? I'll wait.

Cruzer

I think we need to cheer hard for the Pittsburgh press this week. Narduzzi is super thin-skinned. Our best bet might for him to get hammered with questions and have him publicly flip his lid.

• Haha
Reactions: PittPanther44
I still cant believe there are people crying about the sideline powwow's( and uniforms). Really? Thats what you think is a problem with this train wreck?

I still cant believe there are people crying about the sideline powwow's( and uniforms). Really? Thats what you think is a problem with this train wreck?

The QB running to the sideline for the plays is merely one symptom of what appears to be an underlying terminal disease.

Reactions: pittbb80
Seriously. There really is no reason at all for this. It’s so absolutely stupid it warrants firing

Well there’s something we can agree on.

I haven’t even heard anyone put forth any kind of explanation for it. Even if it’s just some nonsense/spin or total BS.

I don’t know how much it hurts them but the fact that exactly NOBODY else does it says a lot.

There isn't another college team in the country that has the QB run to the sideline for every play. There probably isn't a high school and I'd guess not even a middle school that does it either. Why doesn't Whipple just run out to the huddle like coaches do in peewee football. It's amateur level coaching and they rightfully got lambasted for it on national tv.

Reactions: TheSpecialSauce
This going to the sidelines stuff is moronic

This is a year where it would be considered normal to wear a mask that hides the movement of your lips. The coaching staff is allegedly so scared of having their signals stolen that they make the quarterback run to the sidelines to get every play; yet has opted for transparent face guards over opaque face masks.

This makes me think they either believe the opponent is more likely to decode a combination of pictures and hand signals that can be coming from multiple sources on the sidelines than someone on the opponent's sideline attempting to read their lips; or they are lying about why they feel the need to have the quarterback report to the sidelines after every play. I tend to believe the latter.

This is a year where it would be considered normal to wear a mask that hides the movement of your lips. The coaching staff is allegedly so scared of having their signals stolen that they make the quarterback run to the sidelines to get every play; yet has opted for transparent face guards over opaque face masks.

This makes me think they either believe the opponent is more likely to decode a combination of pictures and hand signals that can be coming from multiple sources on the sidelines than someone on the opponent's sideline attempting to read their lips; or they are lying about why they feel the need to have the quarterback report to the sidelines after every play. I tend to believe the latter.
That’s what happens when you have the equivalent of a Jr. High School gym teacher as head coach.

I wonder if Whipple wandered around his neighborhood last night randomly yelling at the children playing in the yards.

2018 offense was what I was referring to
That offense got Watson fired. Embarrassed the program a couple of times on national TV including the disgraceful 8 yard passing performance against Clemson. Finished 97th in D1 in total offense, 93rd in scoring.

And you miss those good old days?

That offense got Watson fired. Embarrassed the program a couple of times on national TV including the disgraceful 8 yard passing performance against Clemson. Finished 97th in D1 in total offense, 93rd in scoring.

And you miss those good old days?
The fact that they could run the ball
on teams was nice. Can’t even get beyond 40 yards of rushing now.

We ran effectively that year with 80% Chryst recruits on o-line and both half backs. We struggle to recruit a complete O and D line at the same time. Not surprising for a Pitt but it's still a problem.

Lol. If you can’t score and/or win because you’re completely one dimensional, who cares?

Technically, this year’s offense is statistically better than that atrocious 2018 offense. We are in the high 60s in scoring and low 70s in total offense. Pathetic, but slightly less so than 2018.

I expect that now that we have entered the meat of the schedule, those numbers will continue to go the wrong direction, especially without Pickett.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT