ADVERTISEMENT

GAME THREAD - Pitt vs UNC ......

It doesn't matter what defense Pitt is in, Young has no idea what he's doing. He has far surpassed Artis for worst defensive player on the team. And that really is saying something.

There's a reason for not starting Young. He can't play defense and he's lost in team offense or defense. He has regressed as a player, and that is disappointing. I think keeping him on the bench is a step in the right direction. Let the young kids play and get them some valuable experience. If Young doesn't like it and continues with his antics, he'd be a liability.

North Carolina has no respect for us. Not their school, nor their state. And certainly not their basketball team.

This is just bad basketball. I long for the days when we played good team ball. They played hard and as a team. It seems so long ago that we had 5 guys playing as 1 unit.

Reactions: Pav9870
Dont watch the ball when you watch a game and watch the movement of players around the ball. Youll see a player constantly playing catchup defensively, has to play so far off his man so he doesnt get blown past and when he does play far off hes too far away to defend the 3 ball or pressure an entry pass. Look for those things and the rest will fall into place for you when breaking this teams problems on D. All the scoring is coming from the opponents guard position.

Wow, we're losing by 13 and we've actually taken 7 more shots than UNC. Considering the # of possessions where we didn't get a shot off because of turnovers or just plain bad O, that's amazing. Must have a lot of offensive rebounds even though overall we're also getting out-rebounded. Don't get many defensive rebounds with UNCs transition layups and open 3's.

well i guess nc is more efficient that comes with real talent and nc is really not that good come to think of it where does that put us

Dont watch the ball when you watch a game and watch the movement of players around the ball. Youll see a player constantly playing catchup defensively, has to play so far off his man so he doesnt get blown past and when he does play far off hes too far away to defend the 3 ball or pressure an entry pass. Look for those things and the rest will fall into place for you when breaking this teams problems on D. All the scoring is coming from the opponents guard position.

most are good athletes just not good basketball athletes they have slow lateral first steps. and every step after that

There is no excuse for a possession that Robinson does not make one pass. Incredibly stupid.

He's lost his confidence, or something. But his body language has been as bad as his play.
Dave,
We are some of the most ardent Jamie supporters around but it's hard to defend this roster he has assembled, this completely clueless coaching staff and the precipitous fall from a #1 seed to this performance where our guys look absolutely scared to death and cant make a layup to save their live's. If Barnes and Gallagher don't INSIST that a veteran, former HC with recruiting ties in Philly, NY and DC is added in the offseason I'll be completely stunned. Hard to watch this mess. This ain't the Pitt basketball I'm used to: a bunch a soft as tissue paper, finger-pointin finesse players gettin pushed around the ACC. Wow!

Wow, we're losing by 13 and we've actually taken 7 more shots than UNC. Considering the # of possessions where we didn't get a shot off because of turnovers or just plain bad O, that's amazing. Must have a lot of offensive rebounds even though overall we're also getting out-rebounded. Don't get many defensive rebounds with UNCs transition layups and open 3's.

We have 9 offensive rebounds, NC has 1.

How did I know that was coming? This team must really be ok with moral victories. Again a chance to cut more into the lead and they completely blow it.

This isn't a team. A bunch of individuals out on the court with Pitt across the front.

Wow. It is so predictable what happens when this team has a chance to make the game closer. Artis and Young should not get off the bench for at the very least the rest of this game.

Dave,
We are some of the most ardent Jamie supporters around but it's hard to defend this roster he has assembled, this completely clueless coaching staff and the precipitous fall from a #1 seed to this performance where our guys look absolutely scared to death and cant make a layup to save their live's. If Barnes and Gallagher don't INSIST that a veteran, former HC with recruiting ties in Philly, NY and DC is added in the offseason I'll be completely stunned. Hard to watch this mess. This ain't the Pitt basketball I'm used to: a bunch a soft as tissue paper, finger-pointin finesse players gettin pushed around the ACC. Wow!

Don't disagree with anything per se, but I can say with some certainty that in no way, shape, or form will Gallagher be involved with any kind of decision or mandate regarding Dixon's assistants.

Those last two possessions with a chance to get it to single digits.... and Artis and Young with selfish offensive fouls.

That's the problem with this team. Those two should be leaders and have a high BB IQ after starting 100 games... but they're dumb like freshmen and selfish.

UNC misses a few shots and gives Pitt a chance to get back in the game and subsequently they blow a 3-on-1 and then commit two silly offensive fouls.

UNC misses a few shots and gives Pitt a chance to get back in the game and subsequently they blow a 3-on-1 and then commit two silly offensive fouls.
That has been the theme all season. We should easily be at least within 4 points right now. Embarrassing.

He's lost his confidence, or something. But his body language has been as bad as his play.
I swear that notwithstanding pretty good skills, Artis and Young have the worst instincts for the game I have ever seen. Both are BB dumb!

Holy f****king shit! Another missed layup. Huge 3 by Cam though!!!

Truth is that this team is so fundamentally flawed that they can't get over the hump in a game like this or the Miami game

And... one more time. Single digits and an awful, pathetic turnover. Jeter is now basically our starting center, and he's dribbling the ball trying to start the offense. Is this team really that dumb?

I swear that notwithstanding pretty good skills, Artis and Young have the worst instincts for the game I have ever seen. Both are BB dumb!

Artis especially. Earlier in the year Young seemed like he was really starting to get it, but lately he just seems to get so lost so often out on the court that it is astounding.

BigZeke... YES!! I have been saying this for 3 years now. When Howlad was here he had Dixon, Slice, Antigua here. First few years Dixon had Antigua, Rice, Skerry -- Who the hell does Dixon have now? Brandon Knight was supposed to keep that Nj/NY pipeline flowing. Hes not bringing in anything.

Wow. Robinson and Young may have put money on Carolina. It is unexplainable how awful and also stupid they are.

Robinson misses two straight foul shots on top of 3-for-13 FG shooting. Carolina goes on a run. Game essentially over.

Just really terrible basketball from the "leaders" of the team. Give me Wilson, Cam, Luther, and the walk ons. Lol.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT