ADVERTISEMENT

Games/teams down the stretch

Chairman Moe

All Conference
Nov 4, 2003
Just around the corner from Paradise
Syracuse has been up and down the past few games; arguably a great game vs NC St and then a boner vs Duke. The Clemson game will be a battle of orange uni's

ND has lost their last four games by 6, 2, 4, and 2. Brey's last two home games are UNC then Pitt. Hope they beat the Tarheels

UM has won 7 straight since we beat them @ home. #1 seed for the ACCT could be on the line

No predictions, but I'm not seeing any easy wins

Agree - that’s why it was nice to get that one last night. Don’t want to be entering my that stretch losing 2 in a row.

This week we have it easier with Syracuse at Clemson tomorrow then at Pitt Saturday.

Next week Miami has no mid week game. The play sat against fla st then wait to play us the following day at home. During that time we have a road trip to ND then have to fly to Miami.

The Virginia at Unc game sat will be huge to determine the conference

Last point is how sad espn will have Duke and Unc on as the big game next week while the Pitt Miami game will be on at the same time possible deciding the conference champion on acc network. And the mid pack game will destroy Pitt on ratings

ND I think is a bigger challenge than cuse while they’ve been losing they are playing tough and are at home.

Coming off two sub par performances I think the team will have their A game against cuse

Winning those two I think will allow them to play free and easy at Miami. Nothing really to lose

ND I think is a bigger challenge than cuse while they’ve been losing they are playing tough and are at home.

Coming off two sub par performances I think the team will have their A game against cuse

Winning those two I think will allow them to play free and easy at Miami. Nothing really to lose
ND continues to be a head-scratcher. Could not finish the deal vs UNC last night. Another single-digit loss (4, but it was 2 with 0:03.9 to go). I didn't see the game (just the highlights). ND's freshmen look legit

As for Syracuse, the relatively quick turnaround to playing us on Saturday may be to our benefit. The thing I noticed in the game vs Clemson last night was the "energy" the ball had ... to coin the phrase our Panthers use ... lots of back cuts and ball screens ... Fede could have a big night ... oh, and Clemson's length was an asset vs the zone D. I could see one or both of the twins getting some PT and giving us a "longer" weapon from the 3-line.

Who's the better 3-ball shooter of the twins? G or J?

ND continues to be a head-scratcher. Could not finish the deal vs UNC last night. Another single-digit loss (4, but it was 2 with 0:03.9 to go). I didn't see the game (just the highlights). ND's freshmen look legit

As for Syracuse, the relatively quick turnaround to playing us on Saturday may be to our benefit. The thing I noticed in the game vs Clemson last night was the "energy" the ball had ... to coin the phrase our Panthers use ... lots of back cuts and ball screens ... Fede could have a big night ... oh, and Clemson's length was an asset vs the zone D. I could see one or both of the twins getting some PT and giving us a "longer" weapon from the 3-line.

Who's the better 3-ball shooter of the twins? G or J?
I can’t tell the difference between the two other than the Number. 25 seems to get most of the run I think because he’s the better defender. I don’t think we know enough about 31 because he hasn’t played that much

ND is an enigma. They’ve played a bunch of teams tight as you mentioned but can’t seem to finish. I think they are dangerous at home and particularly since it’s Brey’s last game at home. They are going to want to make him go out a winner

With Miami up next it’s the classic trap game

I can’t tell the difference between the two other than the Number. 25 seems to get most of the run I think because he’s the better defender. I don’t think we know enough about 31 because he hasn’t played that much

ND is an enigma. They’ve played a bunch of teams tight as you mentioned but can’t seem to finish. I think they are dangerous at home and particularly since it’s Brey’s last game at home. They are going to want to make him go out a winner

With Miami up next it’s the classic trap game
It's hard not to look past the next two opponents; "big picture" though, Pitt wins the next two games and will be a double-bye team in Greensboro. Focus on winning Saturday; then focus winning Wednesday. Not easy, but we have veteran players

BTW, 25 = Guillermo; 31 = Jorge

Reactions: pittbb80

Number 25, Guillermo, plays almost exclusively at the five. Number 31, Jorge, plays either the four or the three. Guillermo is getting more run in large part because we need a backup five, but we do not have nearly as great a need for a backup at the three or four.

Reactions: pittbb80
Their names are Billy and George to me. They're yinzers now.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT