ADVERTISEMENT

Georgia Tech: 2 wins away from NCAA Tournament

Sean Miller Fan

Lair Hall of Famer
Oct 30, 2001
I am already counting their win at BC this weekend. People wrote off GT a long time ago but they are going to go into the final week needing to win at Louisville and beat Pitt at home to finish 19-12, 9-9 with 4 Top 50 wins (UVa, ND, @ Lou, Pitt). Their RPI is 67 now. Win thise those and they'll be right around 50.

Pitt @ GT could be a "play-out" game for both teams if we lose our next 2 and they beat BC and Lou. I dont think they beat Louisville but you never know. Gregory needs to make the NCAAT to save his job.

I am already counting their win at BC this weekend. People wrote off GT a long time ago but they are going to go into the final week needing to win at Louisville and beat Pitt at home to finish 19-12, 9-9 with 4 Top 50 wins (UVa, ND, @ Lou, Pitt). Their RPI is 67 now. Win thise those and they'll be right around 50.

Pitt @ GT could be a "play-out" game for both teams if we lose our next 2 and they beat BC and Lou. I dont think they beat Louisville but you never know. Gregory needs to make the NCAAT to save his job.

There is a 1% chance that all five of these happen in your weird parlay:

GT beats BC (90%)
GT beats UL (10%)
Pitt loses to Duke (60%)
Pitt loses to VT (40%)
Pitt loses to GT (50%)

GT isn't going to the NCAA tournament.

For fun... put a $1 bet on that parlay... you'll likely get 75-to-1 or better.

There is a 1% chance that all five of these happen in your weird parlay:

GT beats BC (90%)
GT beats UL (10%)
Pitt loses to Duke (60%)
Pitt loses to VT (40%)
Pitt loses to GT (50%)

GT isn't going to the NCAA tournament.

For fun... put a $1 bet on that parlay... you'll likely get 75-to-1 or better.

My point was that if GT somehow manages to win in Louisville, they are playing for the NCAAT against us when nobody is talking about them.

I suppose anything is possible but them winning at Ville seems pretty unlikely.

I'm lost. Pitt has to go 10-8 to get in but gt 9-9? Huh?

I'm guessing that in SMF's world, the quality of wins in the Top 50 (with two of those being vs UVa and Louisville) would put them = to Pitt, if the 10-8 vs 9-9 scenario follows

Yes. Similar RPIs. Similar records. Season split if they beat us. They would have 3 excellent Top 25ish wins. We'd have 1. Not even a question they'd go over us.......but they wont beat Louisville.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT