ADVERTISEMENT

Going to the College Cup, BABY!!!!!

That's an additional $3 million per year. Pitt is spending $300 million on the facilities. What should they do with the rest of the $297 million to improve basketball?
Correct. Its REALLY easy to get good in basketball. A few extra million and we're a Top 15-20 program. But instead we are spending money on cushioned seats that no one will sit it and a volleyball arena. Basketball needs fixed. Mothereffing Rutgers made the NCAAT. Its not hard. Pitt needs to suck it up and overpay for the right coach.

Correct. Its REALLY easy to get good in basketball. A few extra million and we're a Top 15-20 program. But instead we are spending money on cushioned seats that no one will sit it and a volleyball arena. Basketball needs fixed. Mothereffing Rutgers made the NCAAT. Its not hard. Pitt needs to suck it up and overpay for the right coach.
History says they'll never do that, but they did overpay to remove Stallings.

So you're fine with the $300 million to Olympic sports after all?

And I disagree that's it's easy to get a good basketball coach. They have to WANT the job.

So you're fine with the $300 million to Olympic sports after all?

And I disagree that's it's easy to get a good basketball coach. They have to WANT the job.
$6 million and they can get almost anybody

I am for the $300 million volleyball arena after basketball is fixed and the football stadium is built. Fix basketball (super duper cheap and easy) and get out of that monstrosity on the North Side and then we can talk about arenas and study halls for sports that nobody cares about and don't make money

$6 million and they can get almost anybody

I am for the $300 million volleyball arena after basketball is fixed and the football stadium is built. Fix basketball (super duper cheap and easy) and get out of that monstrosity on the North Side and then we can talk about arenas and study halls for sports that nobody cares about and don't make money
Pitt has made it clear that they aren't building a stadium. They should, but they won't. Football will continue to be mediocre and basketball is done for decades. That's just how it us.

Pitt has made it clear that they aren't building a stadium. They should, but they won't. Football will continue to be mediocre and basketball is done for decades. That's just how it us.
I know. That's fine. But dont throw away $300 million on Olympic sports facilities which aren't needed. Take care of football and basketball first. Then we can talk about volleyball.

I know. That's fine. But dont throw away $300 million on Olympic sports facilities which aren't needed. Take care of football and basketball first. Then we can talk about volleyball.

If they aren't going to build a stadium, then spending money on other stuff doesn't matter.

With land acquisition, maybe $500 million? Point is if its too expensive to build a football stadium and to fix basketball then its too expensive for volleyball. The Field House is fine for them.
Because they don't care about football success. They will get almost the same revenue whether Pitt wins 10 games or 2. It's more important to Pitt to give the impression that they care without spending big.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT