ADVERTISEMENT

Stupid top 25 and their voters

In any case, we're not a top 25 team....yet. Maybe a couple more wins with no losses and we could break through. That being said, many of the teams that are in the top 25 aren't either.

19-5 and winners of 4 straight and 8 out of their last 9 while not schitting the bed against Florida State (winning by 28) at home in that span....where should they be?
NC State makes more sense to me than Miami, who lost 4 of their last 9 including a 22? point loss against Florida State. Recency isn't everything but I do believe it has relevancy for more immediate predictions.

We have 7 losses. 2 bad losses (FSU at home and at Vandy). We got smoked by Michigan and WVU. I understand those are early in the season but you base off entire resume.

Pitt wins both games this week they will be in the top 25. They can not lose at FSU or we may as well forget the top 25 for the rest of the season.

Teams that leap into the top 25 are usually teams that have won a lot recently. Pitt wins both this week they have 6 straight wins and gain media attention. Just win the games they should and they will be top 25 shortly

NC State ranked really isnt much an issue at 19-5. (Quality win for Pitt). Now Rutgers being ranked is another story. Same record as Pitt, but Pitt has the better conference record. Just make the tournament and make some noise.

NC State ranked really isnt much an issue at 19-5. (Quality win for Pitt). Now Rutgers being ranked is another story. Same record as Pitt, but Pitt has the better conference record. Just make the tournament and make some noise.
Rutgers beat Purdue. That's it.

NC State makes more sense to me than Miami, who lost 4 of their last 9 including a 22? point loss against Florida State. Recency isn't everything but I do believe it has relevancy for more immediate predictions.
This is how I feel. NC State is fine in the top 25. If we were going to have a gripe, I'd say Miami is it.

But at the end of the day, we had a bad start to the season, I agree we need to take in the whole resume, and if we can keep winning, we'll get in.

Reactions: FireballZ
This is how I feel. NC State is fine in the top 25. If we were going to have a gripe, I'd say Miami is it.

But at the end of the day, we had a bad start to the season, I agree we need to take in the whole resume, and if we can keep winning, we'll get in.
Miami is a byproduct of already being in the top 25. Once you make it into the top 20 unless you lose 2 or 3 in a row you tend to stay in. 1 loss in a week generally just drops you a few spots. It’s just how it works and how it has always been.

Just need to take care of business and once you get there you generally stay there unless you go on a losing streak

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT