ADVERTISEMENT

Good news for pitt coming this week

Told what? This thread has wandered all over the place so please tell us again what you are trying to say.

Diallo had stated he was going to commit somewhere by the end of March. Many seem to think he will choose Pitt. The original post, I assume, is that someone at Pitt feels strongly that they will get a commitment soon. If that's the case, it is likely Diallo.

Reactions: pghboy
Diallo had stated he was going to commit somewhere by the end of March. Many seem to think he will choose Pitt. The original post, I assume, is that someone at Pitt feels strongly that they will get a commitment soon. If that's the case, it is likely Diallo.
Thanks. These posts get longer and longer and wander all over the place. Can't keep them strait nor do I want to anymore.

Head coach visit to dissuade him from a Pitt commitment and/or to seal the deal for tOSU?

Has or will Capel viist?

Last edited:
Pitt needs a C like this....
wouldnt you like to do this to someone ?

Last edited:
I sense a few of the Sy detractors aren't allowing for maturation of the young man on and off the court--the same maturation expected from Brown and his game.

Reactions: TreesHero
I sense a lot of methane being spread around, and will place the guilty parties in the appropriate boxes. To come out with a thread like this and yield zero results = you're worthless nobody.

Reactions: FieldHouse12
I sense a lot of methane being spread around, and will place the guilty parties in the appropriate boxes. To come out with a thread like this and yield zero results = you're worthless nobody.
agree.
OP must have needed some more likes .

To anyone not named Capel if you don't like sy who cares.
Furthermore i think Capel and his staff know a little more about him then your friend's, connections, aaociates, old fans, pay board, Ouija board,etc.
If he is a head case that is his problem to deal with not yours. If you don't like it don't watch, cheer for, or support the team.
The nonsense and hating is ridiculous.

I already don't care about this guy

I've only seen highlights of Diallo but he reminds me of the Utah State FR C. Utah State? Yea, I was in Columbus for their game vs Washington. I had no idea who he was or what is stats were but when they announced him, I said to my buddy like "what, this guy is a FR, why cant we get a big guy like that." He just "looked the part." Now, I wasnt overly impressed with his play that night but he was CLEARLY way better than Brown or Chukwuka. You could tell that in 5 minutes. And this kid, Neemias Queta, wasn't "rated." He didnt play HS ball in the USA. Utah State found him in Portugal through some contact I guess.

You can watch Diallo play...
After watching this “game”, I see no reason why any Pitt fan wouldn’t want this guy. He’s not Ralph Samson or Lew Alcindor but I think he would be an impact player in the not too distant future. He can actually grab the ball and throw it thru the hoop without flubbing it and kicking it out of bounds.

I've only seen highlights of Diallo but he reminds me of the Utah State FR C. Utah State? Yea, I was in Columbus for their game vs Washington. I had no idea who he was or what is stats were but when they announced him, I said to my buddy like "what, this guy is a FR, why cant we get a big guy like that." He just "looked the part." Now, I wasnt overly impressed with his play that night but he was CLEARLY way better than Brown or Chukwuka. You could tell that in 5 minutes. And this kid, Neemias Queta, wasn't "rated." He didnt play HS ball in the USA. Utah State found him in Portugal through some contact I guess.

Probably not a terrible idea to look at international prospects. If you don't get better bigs, the NIT might be the ceiling. As far as Utah State, they didn't begin recruiting Queta until last spring - so kind of impressive that they were able to land him (I think they saw him play in the Euro U20 Championships). Makes you wonder what other talented/capable bigs are out there? Queta did have offers from Texas Tech, Saint Mary's, and Creighton. So not a complete unknown. I'd say having Diogo Brito on the team, who is also from Portugal, was a pretty big factor in swaying Queta over to Utah State.

Probably not a terrible idea to look at international prospects. If you don't get better bigs, the NIT might be the ceiling. As far as Utah State, they didn't begin recruiting Queta until last spring - so kind of impressive that they were able to land him (I think they saw him play in the Euro U20 Championships). Makes you wonder what other talented/capable bigs are out there? Queta did have offers from Texas Tech, Saint Mary's, and Creighton. So not a complete unknown. I'd say having Diogo Brito on the team, who is also from Portugal, was a pretty big factor in swaying Queta over to Utah State.

OK, having the other Portugese player makes sense. There is obviously a connection there. It's just so rare nowadays for a kid to come across the pond without going to HS or prepping here first. Congrats to Utah State for finding this kid. I will forget he exists for the next few years but if I hear he is a 1st Round prospect in a few years, I will believe it

Reactions: dukedevilz
OK, having the other Portugese player makes sense. There is obviously a connection there. It's just so rare nowadays for a kid to come across the pond without going to HS or prepping here first. Congrats to Utah State for finding this kid. I will forget he exists for the next few years but if I hear he is a 1st Round prospect in a few years, I will believe it

I think he'll be in the NBA, personally. Just give him another year or two to develop a little bit.

After watching this “game”, I see no reason why any Pitt fan wouldn’t want this guy. He’s not Ralph Samson or Lew Alcindor but I think he would be an impact player in the not too distant future. He can actually grab the ball and throw it thru the hoop without flubbing it and kicking it out of bounds.

Having Ewing would be great. But if he can rebound, dunk the ball without getting it blocked, and block a few shots, that would be wonderful!

Reactions: PittMan 72
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT