ADVERTISEMENT

Good News!

In other news, the Washington-Stanford game on FS1 has somehow gone into a Beano Cook tangent. Love hearing stories from those who knew him.

Reactions: docpanther26
Do punt returns , 4 interceptions, anything like that matter ? How about a fumble on the 1 jim z ?????????

Do punt returns , 4 interceptions, anything like that matter ? How about a fumble on the 1 jim z ?????????
535 total yards, over 8 yards per play. 58 points. If you can't see that the problems are more than Cignetti you must be Narduzzi twin

535 total yards, over 8 yards per play. 58 points. If you can't see that the problems are more than Cignetti you must be Narduzzi twin
dude, if you can defend Cignetti over the defense. then i dont want to even have a conversation with you.

dude, if you can defend Cignetti over the defense. then i dont want to even have a conversation with you.
I'm not defending anyone. Try reading instead of reacting. I would fire the whole staff. My point is the problems with this team go way beyond Cignetti

Reactions: pittmaninwv
I'm not defending anyone. Try reading instead of reacting. I would fire the whole staff. My point is the problems with this team go way beyond Cignetti
no, your just trying not to look dumb now.
you just put up the defensive numbers.
anyways, strap in junior. Pitt wont fire the Duzz.

anyways, strap in junior. Pitt wont fire

anyways, strap in junior. Pitt wont fire the Duzz.
I couldn't care less what you think. I know what I said and I stand by it. If you think replacing Cignetti cures this you're insane. Enjoy the rest of Narduzzi

I think that Cigs is the problem, not just because he is the offensive coordinator, but also the quarterback coach. There is the problem. New QB Coach could be the answer, or I may be overthinking it.

I couldn't care less what you think. I know what I said and I stand by it. If you think replacing Cignetti cures this you're insane. Enjoy the rest of Narduzzi

Just replacing Cignetti doesnt fix much. There's no talent. Its like you hired someone to remodel your house but he burned it down. Obviously you have to hire him, but you have nothing left. You have to hire someone else to rebuild it, but that doesn't guarantee anything. He may be worse or at least not be very good.

Was he responsible for 58?
Well since his offense couldn’t stay on the field for 5 consecutive plays, barely crossed midfield, gave ND field position all day, and turned the ball over 4 times, one for a ND TD, I’d say he had his share of blame for it.

The D held up for a full half, the offense never had a pulse, or a chance.

Last edited:
Reactions: BreakingPitt
Some more Pac-12 fireworks: Oregon State faked a field goal as time expired in the first half and didn’t get it… the Beavers went onto lose by three points. :oops:

Jim Z is game planning for Florida State with this high powered o - fense.

you have all week to make plays. Good God how long does our OC gameplan?

I think the offense is largely to blame for or this. I get the defense has some problems. And they did get overwhelmed later on against ND. But the defense is also the reason we hang in there most games and beat a top 20 team 2 weeks before.

The offense has been so incredibly inept. The OC doesn’t think about his personnel when he calls games. He just calls his offense expecting whoever is out there to just make plays. Because of this they can’t sustain or finish drives…and turn over the ball a ton. Morn often than not they leave the defense in short fields and bad spots.

Jim Z is game planning for Florida State with this high powered o - fense.

you have all week to make plays. Good God how long does our OC gameplan?
Maybe have Mommy or the Aide change the channel next week. The games seem to upset you too much and you become agitated irrational. Make sure she checks the closet for Cignetti.

I think the offense is largely to blame for or this. I get the defense has some problems. And they did get overwhelmed later on against ND. But the defense is also the reason we hang in there most games and beat a top 20 team 2 weeks before.

The offense has been so incredibly inept. The OC doesn’t think about his personnel when he calls games. He just calls his offense expecting whoever is out there to just make plays. Because of this they can’t sustain or finish drives…and turn over the ball a ton. Morn often than not they leave the defense in short fields and bad spots.

This is why I complained about all the option shit

I know what LVille did… that doesn’t mean we should run it

Cignetti doesn’t care enough to figure out strength and work towards using those. I don’t see any trends other than a terrible offense

Reactions: Gep Dawg
Some more Pac-12 fireworks: Oregon State faked a field goal as time expired in the first half and didn’t get it… the Beavers went onto lose by three points. :oops:

That play was so dumb that not even Pat Narduzzi would have done it.

I mean he might have considered it, but even he would have known not to do it.

Reactions: HailToPitt725
That play was so dumb that not even Pat Narduzzi would have done it.

I mean he might have considered it, but even he would have known not to do it.
Faking the FG wasn’t the best idea in the world to begin with, but the situation made it even worse. All 22 players jammed in a very small area with the kicker himself trying to somehow run around and through all those guys on a do or die last play in the half is about as dumb as it gets. Had they had a fake pass called there there’s at least a minute chance for it to succeed, with that run play there was zero.

Reactions: TheSpecialSauce
Faking the FG wasn’t the best idea in the world to begin with, but the situation made it even worse. All 22 players jammed in a very small area with the kicker himself trying to somehow run around and through all those guys on a do or die last play in the half is about as dumb as it gets. Had they had a fake pass called there there’s at least a minute chance for it to succeed, with that run play there was zero.

Yeah, it's not so much that they faked it, although that was a dumb call in that situation. But giving the ball to the kicker to essentially run off tackle and think that he was going to break through the line and beat everyone to the end zone was insane.

Yeah, it's not so much that they faked it, although that was a dumb call in that situation. But giving the ball to the kicker to essentially run off tackle and think that he was going to break through the line and beat everyone to the end zone was insane.
Bellwether Ducks of that conference go for it all the time every time - metrics be damned. Cost Oregon the Wash game but endeared the coach to his players for having that mindset. No punting from the plus side of the field. Should be illegal.

Bellwether Ducks of that conference go for it all the time every time - metrics be damned. Cost Oregon the Wash game but endeared the coach to his players for having that mindset. No punting from the plus side of the field. Should be illegal.

But it wasn't a punt. They had the ball around the 20 yard line with three seconds left in the half and instead of just kicking the field goal they had the holder flip the ball to the kicker, who ran the ball off left tackle.

Predictably enough, he didn't come anywhere close to scoring and the half was over. If you decided for some reason that you just didn't want to kick the field goal then put your offense out on the field and run a play.

Reactions: Franb
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT