ADVERTISEMENT

GT thoughts

Sean Miller Fan

Lair Hall of Famer
Oct 30, 2001
FSU outrebounded GT 43-29. In an amazing stat, Franklin got 19 of GT's 29 rebounds. The kid is an absolute beast on the glass but besides him, its not a good rebounding team. Would be nice to get him in foul trouble.

The other guy to worry about is Miles Kelly. Kelly and Franklin could probably start for us. After these 2, their talent level falls off some but they still have guys who can step it up on occasion. I mean we saw what Wooga Poplar did so you can never count anyone out.

I'm not a big believer in 21 year old kids being fatigued but they have only been playing 6 guys for a while now and their starters played all but 40 minutes yesterday. Usually in these types of games, the team that's already played comes out hot and fades. Its important that we start hot and not get down 6, 8, 10 points so their 2nd Half fade isnt just for us to tie it or go up by 2.

An issue with this Pitt team is who is our defensive stopper? We really dont have one. I would go more Nike at this point and have him guard guys like Kelly. On Franklin, Fede has to just wall up and make Franklin shoot over him. He's a bit of a banger who can draw fouls and we cant have Fede in foul trouble.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT