ADVERTISEMENT

HailtoPitt - Message Board Geniuses

Va Tech is going the way of Nebraska and Wisconsin. They had a good long term coach that raised them to great levels. Then new coaches are placed and the program never gets back to where is was

1. Clemson
2. FSU
3. Miami
4. NC State
5. UNC
6. Pitt, VT, Lou, maybe UVa basically interchangebale here.

I would probably flip the Carolina schools and have VT 6th with Pitt and Louisville (and MAYBE UVA) 7th, but fair enough.

The fact that recent results and potential are being used synonymously on this thread makes me wonder if there's a running joke I'm not in on. The notion that Wake Forest has more potential than Miami and FSU is so unbelievably laughable I don't know how to react to it.

Why does NC State have potential? That program has NEVER won anything.

If I have a choice between living in Lincoln Nebraska or Pittsburgh, I pick Pittsburgh every time.

Nebraska was, at one time, a football powerhouse. I doubt that those days are ever coming back. Pitt, with the right coaching staff, has the opportunity to become a better program than Nebraska. Actually, I believe Pitt is a better program right now.

Wake wins divisions, Miami and fsu have potential. We agree.
How many divisions has Wake won the past 15 years? I count 1. I believe FSU has 6 and a natty.

So yeah, not really the same level of program. Good coach, doing good work with a program where sustained success is not feasible.

I would probably flip the Carolina schools and have VT 6th with Pitt and Louisville (and MAYBE UVA) 7th, but fair enough.

The fact that recent results and potential are being used synonymously on this thread makes me wonder if there's a running joke I'm not in on. The notion that Wake Forest has more potential than Miami and FSU is so unbelievably laughable I don't know how to react to it.
You could flip the Carolina schools but NC State values football so much more. I also thought about putting VT ahead of Pitt. They have a better fanbase and more money, but long term, I'm not sure that's enough to offset their terrible location.

I've been to a game there. Its an SEC atmosphere. Not LSU or Bama, but South Carolina/Tennesseeish
I’ve been to games there. I know boosters and former players.

It’s a state school that has a pretty good fan base. SEC like, would not be my description.

There is nothing at all different about ncsu’s atmosphere than Pitt or VT , let’s be very honest .

Virginia Tech gets 60,000+ even when they suck. NC State gets 70,000+. Both are legit college atmospheres and very different from Pitt, which struggles to get 40,000 of its own fans even when we're 1-0 and playing a good SEC team. It's night and day.

There is nothing at all different about ncsu’s atmosphere than Pitt or VT , let’s be very honest .
VT, ok. Pitt???? You cant be serious. Although off-campus, NC State has a packed stadium every week, everyone wearing red. Very little difference between them and Tennessee. You need back on your meds. You have been an off lately, more than usual

Virginia Tech gets 60,000+ even when they suck. NC State gets 70,000+. Both are legit college atmospheres and very different from Pitt, which struggles to get 40,000 of its own fans even when we're 1-0 and playing a good SEC team. It's night and day.
NCSU’s stadium holds 57,000. You must be thinking of some other school.

Ah, fair enough. Not sure why I thought they had a 75ish capacity. Still wouldn't change my ranking much, though. They have a better atmosphere, bring in more revenue, and are located in a more fertile recruiting area than us.

I don't think us being 7th or 8th is damning, either. Obviously we can win a conference. And I would put Wake Forest dead last.

Ah, fair enough. Not sure why I thought they had a 75ish capacity. Still wouldn't change my ranking much, though. They have a better atmosphere, bring in more revenue, and are located in a more fertile recruiting area than us.

I don't think us being 7th or 8th is damning, either. Obviously we can win a conference. And I would put Wake Forest dead last.
They have a middle tier SEC atmosphere. Not sure how anyone would disagree with that.

They have a middle tier SEC atmosphere. Not sure how anyone would disagree with that.

After Oklahoma and Texas get there, I would say like bottom fourth of the SEC but holding their own. I mean, they're one of a handful of ACC schools that probably wouldn't look drastically out of place in the SEC.

I think at this point they'd have to welcome someone who brings stability to their program given they've had very little since they canned Solich.

Doesn't make a lot of sense to me from HCPN's side given the seat at Nebraska is probably warm from day one.

Yeah, I think they'll basically be striving to find someone who can do what Pelini did there. I think they'd appreciate that much more now.

Yeah, I think they'll basically be striving to find someone who can do what Pelini did there. I think they'd appreciate that much more now.
You’re damn right they would!

bo-pelini.jpg

They averaged 52.6k last year which is very good but it’s not crazy
Pitt averaged 45.3k last year
If these dudes think less than 7k people makes are brakes atmosphere
I’m not sure what the hell to say

and I’m someone with a degree from Ncsu

You’re moving the goal posts again.

You posted earlier that they were South Carolina / Tennesseeish. They aren’t close to either.
I was at Pitt at Tennessee. Granted, Tennessee is/was in a down period but the gameday experience at Tennesse and NC State were nearly identical. Stadium larger at Tennessee but also lots of empty seats. NC State was packed.

They averaged 52.6k last year which is very good but it’s not crazy
Pitt averaged 45.3k last year
If these dudes think less than 7k people makes are brakes atmosphere
I’m not sure what the hell to say

and I’m someone with a degree from Ncsu
Pitt lies about attendance. NC State sells out or gets close to it every game. Games look and feel better when all 55K seats are filled as opposed to 35K (actual) in a 70K seat stadium.

Pitt lies about attendance. NC State sells out or gets close to it every game. Games look and feel better when all 55K seats are filled as opposed to 35K (actual) in a 70K seat stadium.
Want to guess which of us has been to multiple ncsu games ?
Why do you think you know more than RALEIGH panther ?!
and I lived there for 14 years and went to business school at ncsu
Shush awhile

Want to guess which of us has been to multiple ncsu games ?
Why do you think you know more than RALEIGH panther ?!
and I lived there for 14 years and went to business school at ncsu
Shush awhile
And their gameday atmosphere is similar to Pitt, right?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT