ADVERTISEMENT

Hallelujah— PJ Benched.

That’s nice and all but Jurassic Cignetti is OC so the offense will still suck but at least now everyone can watch who the problem is.

Yes, we will still suck as Villeaux is even worse than Jurkovec but I'd rather lose with a RS Sophomore than a 28 year old senior. At least, I can watch Villeaux and think that maybe he can be something even though he sucks. With Jurkovec there was no hope.

Cignetti obviously has to be fired but this isnt all on him. Jurkovec isnt as bad as he showed. I honestly think he has the Steve Blass, Chuck Knoblauch, Rick Ankiel, Steve Sax yips. I've been saying it all season. If you ever needed more proof, watch his throw to the feet on that one play. That's not normal. There's something wrong with him.

This has definitely regenerated a little bit of my interest in the program. Not expecting jack sh*t though. Just excited to see what CV is made of finally!

Yes, we will still suck as Villeaux is even worse than Jurkovec but I'd rather lose with a RS Sophomore than a 28 year old senior. At least, I can watch Villeaux and think that maybe he can be something even though he sucks. With Jurkovec there was no hope.

Cignetti obviously has to be fired but this isnt all on him. Jurkovec isnt as bad as he showed. I honestly think he has the Steve Blass, Chuck Knoblauch, Rick Ankiel, Steve Sax yips. I've been saying it all season. If you ever needed more proof, watch his throw to the feet on that one play. That's not normal. There's something wrong with him.
He looked like garbage against UNC, but hey at least he throws a spiral🤣

Reactions: jctrack
This will make the Louisville game more fun for about a drive or two. Then the reality of what's behind him will start to settle in for fans.

Here's to hoping they can work Yarnell in, also.
IDK, I think this can work. Prepping a week as the first team QB is different than coming in relief. Veilleux skill set is better than Jurkovec in literally every area.

He looked like garbage against UNC, but hey at least he throws a spiral🤣

Yes.

I watched CV and Phil in warmups throwing to each other. CV does throw a perfect ball in warmups. Phil's ball has a wobble to it. Maybe that's not as important as we think but I watched the 2 closely and Phil's definitely has a wobble.

Nobody thinks CV is great or even good yet … how can anyone know (UNC can’t be legitimate evaluation, it was two quarters with no prep and the coaches looking delirious).

But you have to try someone else at some point. Who else but the 2nd string? And if he stinks, go back to precious Jurk, or better yet try the third guy. If HE stinks… then we have no hope. But by going with Jurkovec continuously, we already had no hope.

Either way this doesn’t seem at all like Narduzzi’s suddenly reaching sanity given how sick he was in this even up to two days ago, so it has to be Lyke imploring it. For one, was Pitt obligated to announce it? Especially this early before a bye? Sounds like a ploy to get people to reconsider buying some extra tickets or even not attending the game at all…which is good business.

Last edited:
Nobody thinks CV is great or even good but you have to try someone else at some point. Who else but the 2nd string? And if he stinks, go back to precious Jurk, or better yet try the third guy. If HE stinks… then we have no hope. But by going with Jurkovec continuously, we already had no hope.

Either way this doesn’t seem at all like Narduzzi’s suddenly reaching sanity given how sick he was in this even up to two days ago, so it has to be Lyke imploring it. For one, was Pitt obligated to announce it? Especially this early before a bye? Sounds like a ploy to get people to reconsider buying some extra tickets or even not attending the game at all…which is good business.

Yea, I think CV is really bad. If he wasnt, the Cult wouldn't have let him leave and he would have been paid handsomely to hold the clipboard for Allar. But, you still have to try him. Let him lose a few then go to Yarnell. Then, you cut both of them and bring in more transfers.

• Haha
Reactions: 4382 and FireballZ
This is the way! Season is a loss, but you have to see what you might have for next year and who wants to be here. It is interesting that Duzz is likely the 3rd highest paid coach in the ACC. I think Cristobal may be higher. He is also one of only 2 to actually win the ACC with half the talent. I'll give him one more year. He would be here regardless next year, but this is a mid-season olive branch for better or worse.

Reactions: gopitt1976
fangirl-crying.gif

And just to toss a bone to the other topic here, not at all hypocritical…I also think the Steelers should start Tribusky on Sunday. Pickett hasn’t looked good, hasn’t accomplished anything yet and thus isn’t owed a free Starter Forever pass. In both cases, it isn’t all their fault (more Jurk than Pickett for sure though), but fans, aka customers are owed the best possible effort to win every game.

This has definitely regenerated a little bit of my interest in the program. Not expecting jack sh*t though. Just excited to see what CV is made of finally!

While I like the benching, demotion to 3rd string seems like there are other issues going on with PJ.

As for CV, I am holding my enthusiasm since he is Canadian and played for Penn St which isn’t exactly the best place to develop QBs.

I hope he is on a short leash as well because I would much rather see Yarnell who seems to have a higher upside. Plus his name is easier to pronounce.

This is the way! Season is a loss, but you have to see what you might have for next year and who wants to be here. It is interesting that Duzz is likely the 3rd highest paid coach in the ACC. I think Cristobal may be higher. He is also one of only 2 to actually win the ACC with half the talent. I'll give him one more year. He would be here regardless next year, but this is a mid-season olive branch for better or worse.
Agreed. Whether is was mandated from above or not, it shows the customers that there is a pulse in the team for this year and they haven’t just bent over to take it hard in a delicate place for the rest of the season…which is definitely how it looked to just an hour ago

Way too long for this to occur. It wasn't good for PJ or the team for him to be under center. Villeaux just needs to look competent. At the very least he can throw the ball, the turnovers will have to be cut down though.

Reactions: Saboteur II
Oh you mean Phil wasn't the future? What a joke. Narduzzi thought he could bring in any QB from the transfer portal and they would be good when he already had 2 decent Qbs on the roster.
Season wasted.
Cignetti has to go because no recruit will come to Pitt. Everyone knows this .

Reactions: PittAU and 303vND
Oh you mean Phil wasn't the future? What a joke. Narduzzi thought he could bring in any QB from the transfer portal and they would be good when he already had 2 decent Qbs on the roster.
Season wasted.
Cignetti has to go because no recruit will come to Pitt. Everyone knows this .

He has to go for ruining 2 football seasons. He should have known Jurkovec sucked but took him. And Slovis was good every year but the one with him.

This will make the Louisville game more fun for about a drive or two. Then the reality of what's behind him will start to settle in for fans.

Here's to hoping they can work Yarnell in, also.
I think we'll see both guys. I'd do it by possession until the better player emerges. Hopefully they split 1st team reps all week. The game should be an audition for who starts going forward.

that said, it would be wise to keep your expectations low.

I’m obviously in the minority but I think Veilleux is an above average P5 starter.
There is literally no evidence, data or facts in existence to base that statement on.

He has barely seen the field, let alone started.

Great, 2 straight years of starting QBs with YIPS?
I agree with the Yips. Anyone who golfs knows what they
are, and PJ IMO has the Yips. You don't just throw at
receivers' feet when they're wide open. This has happened
a number of times. Yup, the Yips.

Have to admit that I'm a bit surprised by this announcement. I thought that PN would ride the Jurkovec plane all the way to the ground. I guess he gets some credit for figuring out what 99% of the fan base knew weeks ago. So the good news is that we no longer have to watch Phil throw 8 yard screen passes into the ground. The bad news is we have no idea whether the other 2 guys can play. We saw a little bit of Yarnell last last during the WMU game and he looked OK (given the very limited offense we ran and the quality of the competition).

At the very minimum we should learn a bit more about what to expect next year from the QB.

Cruzer

I think we'll see both guys. I'd do it by possession until the better player emerges. Hopefully they split 1st team reps all week. The game should be an audition for who starts going forward.

that said, it would be wise to keep your expectations low.
I can’t imagine that. Much like how Jurkovec was promised the job this season with no competition, they got CV to come get as well with the promise of starting AFTER Phil was gone. That just happened to come a little sooner than expected but I can’t imagine Narduzzi agreeing with Lyke to both bench Jurkovec but also open up the job to both backups.

Have to admit that I'm a bit surprised by this announcement. I thought that PN would ride the Jurkovec plane all the way to the ground. I guess he gets some credit for figuring out what 99% of the fan base knew weeks ago. So the good news is that we no longer have to watch Phil throw 8 yard screen passes into the ground. The bad news is we have no idea whether the other 2 guys can play. We saw a little bit of Yarnell last last during the WMU game and he looked OK (given the very limited offense we ran and the quality of the competition).

At the very minimum we should learn a bit more about what to expect next year from the QB.

Cruzer
This wasn’t a mere plane crash, this was September 11th. Narduzzi was still piloting the Jurkovec plane toward the WTC as early as two days ago. Intervention had to have come IMO. They had to have been probably vomiting at the prospect of a crowd of 15,000 on homecoming during a near-prime time broadcast. If so, good. It was good business to intervene. In fact it was actually far overdue. If Narduzzi pouts and threatens to leave as a result, F him. Let him go, with the band joyously playing. But if he saw the light on his own (highly doubtful), it’s better he did so, but shame on him. This needed to have been done in the Cincinnati game, not with the season dead and over.

Reactions: pittmaninwv
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT