Harbaugh

Sarge25

Freshman
Aug 18, 2017
San Diego, 3 years and out.
Stanford, 4 years and out.
San Fransisco, 4 years and out.
Michigan 3 years and .....

Looks like the fans and writers at Michigan are starting to get wrestless there saying he “can’t win the big one” etc. If he loses to OSU and falls to 0-3 vs Urban, expect the pressure to build up again.

Plenty of Harbaugh to the NFL rumors building up.... a return to the Bears where he played 7 years. A return to Indianapolis where he played 4 years and would be reunited with Andrew Luck....

The amount of change in college coaching is crazy and isn’t fair to the kids.

Reactions: paulbl99

Looks like the fans and writers at Michigan are starting to get wrestless there saying he “can’t win the big one” etc. If he loses to OSU and falls to 0-3 vs Urban, expect the pressure to build up again.

Plenty of Harbaugh to the NFL rumors building up.... a return to the Bears where he played 7 years. A return to Indianapolis where he played 4 years and would be reunited with Andrew Luck....

He isn’t going anywhere and literally nobody here in Michigan is calling for his head. Quote the opposite. He has a super young but super loaded team. They are on their third string QB. But don’t let facts get in your way.

Harbaugh had Michigan one horrible spot away from being in the college football playoffs last year. That was year 2.
Michigan was projected to win 9 games this year by all the analytic models.
They are going to end up winning 8 with their QB injured for half the year. They basically return their entire team next year.
He's done an amazing job there so far.

Reactions: SKYHAWKBALL
Harbaugh had Michigan one horrible spot away from being in the college football playoffs last year. That was year 2.
They are going to end up winning 8 with their QB injured for half the year. They basically return their entire team next year.

Can't win without a QB...

If the bucknuts hang 42 on them, tough to sell your vision while your only claim was having a very good team last year with Hokes recruits. Michigan is physically superior to 8 teams. But the QB is a position that can't be average in college football. Until Harbaugh can get one, good luck.

Reactions: CYBERTECMARK

Spring Ball in Italy not paying off?

True story...my wife is an RN. She has had 6 new bosses in 3 years.

Welcome to the real world, student athletes...

Reactions: Ski11585
My guess is Harbaugh would jump at the right NFL job in a heartbeat despite the money Michigan is paying him.

Reactions: Eph97
I will stand by my prediction regardless of Albert Badby Einstein

Harbaugh will be coaching in the league before he ever gets to the CFB playoff. Absolutely no evidence to suggest otherwise at this point in time.

Reactions: bubba31 and bobfree

Hey I read that Narduzzi is 0-7 versus his league rivals

If the bucknuts hang 42 on them, tough to sell your vision while your only claim was having a very good team last year with Hokes recruits. Michigan is physically superior to 8 teams. But the QB is a position that can't be average in college football. Until Harbaugh can get one, good luck.
He is just going to have to have more sleepovers with recruits.

Compare the flashy, mouthy, Harbaugh to the quiet, unassuming, can't even find a nice Wisconin team sweatshirt Chryst.

Many of you Chryst ( good thing I didnt spell that name wrong and start a religion war) haters won't like this but he's methodically built a really good team that will win and win for a long time. He has a good process which will repeat and he has the support of a really good, smart AD, and U admin.

Big strong effective OL, solid QB, good reliable RB's, disciplined big fast D, and he did this without a ton of superstars.

Chryst and team focused on the boring basics of football!

Compare the flashy, mouthy, Harbaugh to the quiet, unassuming, can't even find a nice Wisconin team sweatshirt Chryst.

Many of you Chryst ( good thing I didnt spell that name wrong and start a religion war) haters won't like this but he's methodically built a really good team that will win and win for a long time. He has a good process which will repeat and he has the support of a really good, smart AD, and U admin.

Big strong effective OL, solid QB, good reliable RB's, disciplined big fast D, and he did this without a ton of superstars.

I've been thinking that we should see which OL Wisconsin offers, and offer them too. They can't take all of them, and Chryst has a proven track record of identifying OL talent.

Reactions: BuffetParrothead
He’s got a couple. They are true freshmen. One is now the starter. The whole team is young, including the O line. They are absolutely loaded with young 4 and 5 start players from Harbaugh’s first 2 classes. Harbaugh has proved he can coach everywhere he’s been.

Pretty sure they’ll be OK.

That team was already built dude. It’s been built, and built the same way, by the same guy, for 15 years. Chryst is doing a good job of not f’ing it up, just as his predecessors did.

I will stand by my prediction regardless of Albert Badby Einstein

Harbaugh will be coaching in the league before he ever gets to the CFB playoff. Absolutely no evidence to suggest otherwise at this point in time.
Where’s the evidence to back up your speculation? The fact that he was upwardly mobile in his career?

Nick Saban was too. I’d imagine he’ll be jumping back to the NFL any day now.

I read that article this morning in the paper I read every single day. Michigan’s having a tough year. That’s been reported for a while now.

I guess I missed the part where local reporters and fans are ready to run Harbaugh out of town

I don’t even like Michigan, I have rooted against them my whole life, but when I read uninformed nonsense from clueless posters, I feel compelled to respond.

I read that article this morning in the paper I read every single day. Michigan’s having a tough year. That’s been reported for a while now.

I guess I missed the part where local reporters and fans are ready to run Harbaugh out of town.

And you missread my OP if you got the words “run out of town”. I suggest returning to the 2nd grade if you have this much trouble with reading.

Where’s the evidence to back up your speculation? The fact that he was upwardly mobile in his career?

Nick Saban was too. I’d imagine he’ll be jumping back to the NFL any day now.

The difference of course......that any junior high kid knows.....is Harbaugh has demonstrated he can win in the League

Saban/ Kelly/ Spurrier, take your pic....none of them have proven what Harbaugh has.

Reactions: bubba31
Humble pie is not a dished served in the Harbaugh home. Michigan is young, and they have physical ability. But even at Michigan tough to reload when you haven't established the program yet. Next year is a better indication of Harbaugh and the program. Still unless the QB play really improves, tough to see any program win with average QB play. And that has been the case in his time at Michigan.

Reactions: BuffetParrothead

He's had a much easier road during Harbaugh's 3 years at Michigan.
If Michigan was in the Big Ten West and Wisky in the East, what do you think their records would be during the last three years?

Humble pie is not a dished served in the Harbaugh home. Michigan is young, and they have physical ability. But even at Michigan tough to reload when you haven't established the program yet. Next year is a better indication of Harbaugh and the program. Still unless the QB play really improves, tough to see any program win with average QB play. And that has been the case in his time at Michigan.
I agree, Michigan will be better next year, especially as their QB gains experience. In fact, OSU will be starting a new QB and PSU will have a major reloading, especially on defense. Next year will be Michigan's best chance to win the East for the next couple of years. As good as Michigan's recruiting has been, OSU's has been off the chart and PSU will soon have as much talent top to bottom as Michigan. Michigan can easily become a perennial 2nd or 3rd place finisher in their division and that won't sit well with their fanbase of course. Next year is critical for Michigan. If they win next year, their recruiting will close the gap with OSU, if they underperform, they could be looking at a string of 3rd place division finishes and you can say goodbye to Harbaugh.

Your willing to give every pitt coach 5-6 years. with that said, do you think Harbaugh deserves the same?
Yes. I think if an administration thinks enough of a coach to hire him they owe it to him to give him a fair chance. And I never said 5-6 years. I say 5 unless the wheels are completely off after 4.

Reactions: DiehardPanther
He's had a much easier road during Harbaugh's 3 years at Michigan.
If Michigan was in the Big Ten West and Wisky in the East, what do you think their records would be during the last three years?
You've heard the term location, location, location, when it comes to real estate well the same principle applies to football conferences!

You've heard the term location, location, location, when it comes to real estate well the same principle applies to football conferences!

Of course. Which is why it's silly to compare the two without accounting for some things. Chryst hasn't necessarily done a better job than Harbaugh, he's just had a much easier job thanks to his schedule. Wisconsin plans its runs around the years it avoids the very teams Michigan has to play every year.

You guys do know that Michigan had 11 players drafted in 2017?Of those 9 were drafted in the first 4 rounds.In my opinion if Harbaugh was a great coach he'd of come in higher than 3rd in his division of the BigEast.Brady Hoke didn't exactly leave the cupboard bare for Jimmy at Michigan.In three years he hasn't come in higher than 3rd in the East this isn't really setting the world on fire with the talent he had.BWDIK I'm a stupid WVU fan!

You guys do know that Michigan had 11 players drafted in 2017?Of those 9 were drafted in the first 4 rounds.In my opinion if Harbaugh was a great coach he'd of come in higher than 3rd in his division of the BigEast.Brady Hoke didn't exactly leave the cupboard bare for Jimmy at Michigan.In three years he hasn't come in higher than 3rd in the East this isn't really setting the world on fire with the talent he had.BWDIK I'm a stupid WVU fan!

Saying "third" in conference is silly when the two teams ahead of you are elite. It's like saying, "Alabama wasn't even good enough to play in the SECC game in 2011." Well, yeah. That's because the number 1 ranked team played in their division. Alabama finished the year 2, and went on to win it all.
Last year:

Ohio State went to the playoffs.
Penn State went to the Rose Bowl.

Ohio State finished 5th in the S&P+.
Penn State finished 8th in the S&P+.

They were elite teams. Michigan's only problem was it wasn't in the Big Ten West.
Michigan DESTROYED Penn State. And should have beat Ohio State, except for the refs gave them a very good spot on 4th down that kept the Ohio State drive alive at the end.
This is the play. This is the difference between Michigan destroying the 8th best team and beating the 5th best team and going to the playoffs. A matter of inches:

People saying Harbaugh should have done better last year are clueless.

I thought I read somewhere that Michigan was the youngest team in the country (in terms of experience). They are 8-3, whereas Pitt is under .500 with the 3-4th youngest team. I know they can recruit easier, but they wont give up on him just yet (esp as a Michigan Man). He has 1 possibly 2 more seasons to get it together.

No, he hasn't done an "amazing" job there. He's been good but far from amazing.

Amazing is:
Saban taking over a bad Bama, and going undefeated in reg season #2, and winning a NC in year 3

Urban taking over a Gator program that lost 5 games, each of the previous three years and winning NC year 2

Stoops taking over an awful OU, and winning NC year 2.

Tressel taking over a 4 or 5 loss OSU and NC year 2

What Harbaugh did at Stanford was amazing

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT