ADVERTISEMENT

Here are 2 names that would be Great HC Hires for Pitt:

Panther_in_Kentucky

Sophomore
Gold Member
Aug 24, 2001
1. Scottie Montgomery - Head Coach at East Carolina ( You know the school that just pummelled North Carolina ). Scottie is a Duke graduate coached under David Cutcliffe and was a Steelers Assistant coach for a few years before taking the ECU job.

2. Charlie Strong - Head Coach at South Florida. Strong had great success at U of L. Left to take the Texas job ( where he was never wanted ) doing well again at South Florida. He would do great at Pitt.

Both of these guys are intelligent head coaches with proven success who just happen to be African American. Both of these guys would immediately improve recruiting and have Pitt competitive within 3 years.

who the hell cares just bring in someone who can recruit and win. I don't know if either of those guys can recruit however.

Reactions: HailToPitt725
1. Scottie Montgomery - Head Coach at East Carolina ( You know the school that just pummelled North Carolina ). Scottie is a Duke graduate coached under David Cutcliffe and was a Steelers Assistant coach for a few years before taking the ECU job.

2. Charlie Strong - Head Coach at South Florida. Strong had great success at U of L. Left to take the Texas job ( where he was never wanted ) doing well again at South Florida. He would do great at Pitt.

Both of these guys are intelligent head coaches with proven success who just happen to be African American. Both of these guys would immediately improve recruiting and have Pitt competitive within 3 years.

Scottie Montgomery is an absolute assclown that is almost surely getting canned after the season.

He has totally imploded that program that was having some success under Ruffin McNeill.

I feel safe in saying that he will never be a head coach again above the high school level after ECU boots him.

To be fair, probably the only thing that he knows about East Carolina is that they beat North Carolina.

I’m thinking you’re right.

I used to laugh at Ruffin McNeill for his gameday follies, and thought they could do better.

Just goes to prove (as you frequently point out) that things can always be worse.

Reactions: DiehardPanther
Charlie strong isnt taking a lesser job at pitt and ues, its a step back. Nobody wants to come here. Its a $&ithole job. Dear pitt admin: own it. You made this mess.

If you’re looking for a good but controversial coach Jim Leavitt would probably take the job.

Not saying I’d hire him, but I suspect the defense would improve.

Reactions: USN_Panther
Bring Matt Campbell home. Let him fix the culture that he rags on so much.

Lane Kiffin

Charlie strong isnt taking a lesser job at pitt and ues, its a step back. Nobody wants to come here. Its a $&ithole job. Dear pitt admin: own it. You made this mess.

The did make the mess. Lots of money are going to be needed to fix this and Pitt has it.

Look at a hot, young FBS-type coach. Satterfield at App st. or Houston at James Madison would be two great coaches you could get. Not retreads or rebound hires.

Joe Rudolph Wisconsin OC would be a good choice if Pitt administration
could swallow there pride and bring him back. Charismatic, intelligent , and a great communicator. I believe his family is from Pennsylvania

could swallow there pride and bring him back. Charismatic, intelligent , and a great communicator. I believe his family is from Pennsylvania

Was Rudolph a candidate when Narduzzi was hired?

Strong ain’t all that.

Would probably be an upgrade though.
Strong took over Louisville when they were terrible and turned them into a top 10 program. He can recruit Big Time and he could wake up Pitt and compete at the highest level here.

He's from Belle Vernon and isn't a very good coordinator let alone a head coaching candidate for a P5 job.

Strong took over Louisville when they were terrible and turned them into a top 10 program. He can recruit Big Time and he could wake up Pitt and compete at the highest level here.

He also flamed out at Texas. Not saying he’s a bad coach but I don’t see him as anything special.

John L. Smith and Petrino won as much or more at Louisville than Strong did, the university just happened to make a horrible hire in Kragthorpe.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT