ADVERTISEMENT

Hire Matt Canada

^slightly disagree

I say Narduzzi needs to suck it up and rehire Canada as OC. He's only gonna leave again for a head coach position or NFL OC position. I don't see him in the NFL though.

Also, if for some reason the team still underperforms with a good offense, and Narduzzi is fired. Then maybe Canada can slide in as coach.

However, Canada wasn't that impressive in the interim at MD. They were very inconsistent just like Pitt.

^slightly disagree

I say Narduzzi needs to suck it up and rehire Canada as OC. He's only gonna leave again for a head coach position or NFL OC position. I don't see him in the NFL though.

Also, if for some reason the team still underperforms with a good offense, and Narduzzi is fired. Then maybe Canada can slide in as coach.

However, Canada wasn't that impressive in the interim at MD. They were very inconsistent just like Pitt.

Canada's Maryland squad should have beaten Ohio $tate with significantly less talent. He's a very good coach.

In his defense, Maryland is essentially Rutgers south...

And his team scored a total of 6 points combined against Iowa, PSU, and MSU. He may be a very good OC, nothing says he's a very good HC.

Can't go much by what happened at Maryland last year. The word had pretty much gotten out that Canada wasn't going to get the job after the OSU game, so the team quit. The guy who brought you in gets dumped (and had been an a-hole), and the interim was not going to be retained; why bust the hump?

I don't see Pitt interested in bringing him back. But unless there are potential wow candidates on the horizon, which is doubtful, who could not want a chance to see something close to 2016 again??? Greatest Pitt offense we've ever seen.

Canada did a great job at Pitt when it was loaded with NFL talent. I'm not sure he'd have quite the same success the second time around. I don't mind bringing in guys who want to use it as a stepping stone, but Canada takes that to the extreme with 7 teams since 2011.

Can't go much by what happened at Maryland last year. The word had pretty much gotten out that Canada wasn't going to get the job after the OSU game, so the team quit. The guy who brought you in gets dumped (and had been an a-hole), and the interim was not going to be retained; why bust the hump?

I don't see Pitt interested in bringing him back. But unless there are potential wow candidates on the horizon, which is doubtful, who could not want a chance to see something close to 2016 again??? Greatest Pitt offense we've ever seen.
You are correct about Canada being told he wouldn't get the job at MD and it was shutdown city after that. There was no effort against PSU.He did beat Texas (GA couldn't) and should of beat OSU.He inquired about the Wvu job but didn't get an interview even though he was in the area at the time.

Reactions: galladt
^slightly disagree

Apparently Canada wasn't that impressive at LSU either. I would like to see him back for a second time, the offense played pretty darn good

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT