ADVERTISEMENT

How do tiebreakers go?

Pitt2006

Sophomore
Jun 19, 2018
So if Pitt beats ND and loses to Miami, there will likely be a three way tie at 15-5. Clemson and Virginia will play and I would think we need to root for Virginia. Miami also beat Virginia, and the split would be 1-1. Not sure what next tiebreaker is, but if it is record against next team below until broken it will likely require Pitt to win. Either way, Miami isn’t going to fold and with a week off not sure what to expect. But it sets them up for either the 1 or 2 seed, which is much more favorable for first game.

Reactions: Cavalier Panther
If UNC holds on to beat UVA now and if Pitt beats ND....then we want UVA to beat Clemson and Ville.

If that happens, I believe our game against Miami is irrelevant for seeding and we'd have the #1 seed locked up because UVA would finish 2/3 and we beat them, with Miami having lost to them. That's the tiebreaker after head to head, which would be used if we lose next Saturday and split with Miami.

What's nice is that UVA plays Ville at 2PM next Saturday, so we could easily have the #1 seed wrapped up before our game at 6PM. Would be nice to be able to play loose with house money in Miami.
Miami beat UVA as well. Both Pitt and Miami are 1-0 vs UVA.

If UVA loses tonight, pitt needs one win to be ACC champs. 2 wins for sole possession. But 1 win for the title. Unreal year
I don't think that is true. Miami pretty much will hold every tiebreaker if we beat ND and lose to Miami.

I don't think that is true. Miami pretty much will hold every tiebreaker if we beat ND and lose to Miami.
Acc doesn't do tie breakers for regular season champs. One win gives us at worst a share of the title. Seeding in the tourney is a different story. But we could raise a banner as acc champs with one more win to get to 15 wins. Best Miami can do is 15 if they beat us on Saturday

I am pretty sure a win vs ND would guarantee us a top 2 seed, since the 3 way H2H would be Pitt and Miami at 2-1 and UVA at 0-2. I don't know the rules but I'm guessing it's record vs best opponent going down the table. Both Pitt and Miami are 1-0 vs UVA. Miami has a better record against the next 2 teams, Clemson and Duke, so it's likely they would get the 1 seed.

Reactions: e-fresh
Acc doesn't do tie breakers for regular season champs. One win gives us at worst a share of the title. Seeding in the tourney is a different story. But we could raise a banner as acc champs with one more win to get to 15 wins. Best Miami can do is 15 if they beat us on Saturday
This is correct. The best record wins it. No tiebreakers you share the regular season championship

I would be elated to see the banner hung and a Sweet 16 showing. I believed early on that this team is top 25 team because of the variety of scorers who can beat you. It would be great to see them get their due reward. It won't be easy but I believe that is who they are.

Reactions: bwh05 and kma0043
I would be elated to see the banner hung and a Sweet 16 showing. I believed early on that this team is top 25 team because of the variety of scorers who can beat you. It would be great to see them get their due reward. It won't be easy but I believe that is who they are.
Honestly after the past couple years I would be elated to get an ACC Championship banner. Adding to the NCAA Tournament banner is great, a sweet 16 would be amazing.

Reactions: Atlanta Panther
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT