ADVERTISEMENT

How is Briggs still

Captain is fine but I agree how is he still on the field?

Narduzzi has to answer for some of this and shame on Whitehead.

This is not good coaching anyway around it.

Reactions: Pitt5593
He's on the field b/c the Pitt brass is willing to look past pretty much anything except jocks smoking weed.

skill level is not a requirement for being a captain. Players vote.

Regardless of how bad he sucks today, doesn't mean he isn't worthy of being a captain (as determined by his TEAMMATES)

skill level is not a requirement for being a captain. Players vote.

Regardless of how bad he sucks today, doesn't mean he isn't worthy of being a captain (as determined by his TEAMMATES)
I have not seen him do much in 2+ games

You are probably right

Seriously how bad can he look in practice.
Even if he teammates get open on him, the ball is probably overthrown or it's dropped. If it is caught it's not caught by athletes like these Ok State guys.

Reactions: RHS14
Seriously how bad can he look in practice.
Even if he teammates get open on him, the ball is probably overthrown or it's dropped. If it is caught it's not caught by athletes like these Ok State guys.
Mathis had great coverage on the completion against him. I would like to see some other new guys on the field. Briggs and Stocker look baad.

With this team, how can Campbell, Miller, Carter, Twyman, Pine and Pugh see little or no playing time.

Reactions: rockypanther
Mathis had great coverage on the completion against him. I would like to see some other new guys on the field. Briggs and Stocker look baad.

With this team, how can Campbell, Miller, Carter, Twyman, Pine and Pugh see little or no playing time.
Campbell and Carter got PT in the 1st half for sure. I noticed them.

When is the last time we had a good pair of safeties?

We have to hope Whitehead comes back ready to play and stays healthy all year because apparently the alternatives aren't good.

He is Webb 2.0.
Narduzzi seems to have a thing for these Briggs and Morrisey types. They know their and everyone else's assignments. Too bad they don't have the physical ability to carry out those assignments.

Briggs: I don't know how you respect a teammate who cannot play worth a damn. Being Pitt captain is the equivalent of being Miss Congeniality in Miss America contest. Ugly girl who has no shot to win but the beautiful girls give her a pity vote for a bull sh!t award. This a pethetic. Buck stops at Pat D

I'm sure he's a good student and great kid (with clean blood, apparently the deciding factor at Pitt, despite weed rapidly becoming universal and all college players smoking it and no others i see busting players for it).

Anyway those kind of kids are great as captains. Some guys lead by example (great play) and others by character, the rare like Sid Crosby do both. Briggs must be the character type because, well, he's an awful player (for FBS), what else can be said.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT