ADVERTISEMENT

How to Watch the ACCN

May 21, 2010
I have Armstrong cable ( I know....woof) how can I watch the ACCN? I have heard a firestick but isn't that only to stream on a device? I want to watch in my mancave.

OK........I have this down pat. First you need a spool of at least 72% copper wire. Preferably one that is 300 yards. What you need to do is affix the wires to any metallic object that is at least 5.64 meters above the highest profile point in a 50 meter radius to your house. Fray 6 threads of the wire approximately 243 deg, 6 minutes in the southeast direction, 3 threads of the wire approximately 172 degs, 10 minutes in a south direction. Fill a baby swimming pool with approximately 24% NaCl solution (put salt in a pool then fill with water) run the wire through it.......then thread wire in an alternate snaking pattern into your house and through a window. Have a set of rabbit ears. Dip the tips of the rabbit ears in paraffin. Connect the copper wire with the rabbit ear receiver, then set the thermostat to precisely 68 deg F. Open a Southeast facing window. Close the North west facing door.

And it should come in pretty clear.

I can still hear my father cussing on top of the roof trying to adjust the antenna.

OK........I have this down pat. First you need a spool of at least 72% copper wire. Preferably one that is 300 yards. What you need to do is affix the wires to any metallic object that is at least 5.64 meters above the highest profile point in a 50 meter radius to your house. Fray 6 threads of the wire approximately 243 deg, 6 minutes in the southeast direction, 3 threads of the wire approximately 172 degs, 10 minutes in a south direction. Fill a baby swimming pool with approximately 24% NaCl solution (put salt in a pool then fill with water) run the wire through it.......then thread wire in an alternate snaking pattern into your house and through a window. Have a set of rabbit ears. Dip the tips of the rabbit ears in paraffin. Connect the copper wire with the rabbit ear receiver, then set the thermostat to precisely 68 deg F. Open a Southeast facing window. Close the North west facing door.

And it should come in pretty clear.

1. Don't have Comcast cable.
2. Don't have Armstrong cable.

If your TV provider (and you have dozens of choices), is ANYONE besides those 2, you have ACCN. Just switch.

I got a deal from Verizon and dropped Comcast. I now have the ACC
network and the Big 10 Network among other sports stations..

I have ESPN+ ... will I be able to watch the games on it or will it be blacked out?

But the fire stick and pay for Hulu durinG football season. You got to pay to play.

And keep Armstrong for internet?
I have Armstrong internet b/c it's the only good option available in my neighborhood; no other competition in my market, but have been with DIRECTV for past 6 years for TV. In my experience bundled rates for Armstrong stink and my cost for their cable + internet was not cheaper than internet only + DIRECTV or Dish or a variety of streaming options. Like cable, the satellite companies will try to crank up your rates after the 2 year intro rates, but every time I have called with the true intent of cancelling and going to Dish or streaming-only, they give me a rate so low it's not worth the bother of switching. You have to get to the point of actually booking the service end date to get the best rate. I am at around $70/month rate now with no early cancellation penalty for their mid-level package with hundreds of channels including the sports package. Includes equipment for one 4K TV, 3 HDTVs, and whole-home DVR system.

Honestly, the Dish equipment is superior to DIRECTV, and would probably go with them now, if I were you and streaming-only isn't your thing. They had a recent promo giving out $300 gift card for new customers. AT&T is trying to sell off the service and they are not investing into the Directv product and focusing on their streaming service sales and service. The product lifespan with the company is nearing it's end through either due to sale or dissolve in coming years.

Good luck and H2P!

My brother gets Sling with no contract and hooks up his laptop to tv. If no interesting games next month, he pauses the subscription. I think its 30 40.

Last edited:
I have ESPN+ ... will I be able to watch the games on it or will it be blacked out?
They're not on espn+. If you have a friend or family member who has one of the ACCN's carriers, you can use their login on the espn app to watch the games.

I have Armstrong cable ( I know....woof) how can I watch the ACCN? I have heard a firestick but isn't that only to stream on a device? I want to watch in my mancave.

if you can't switch to Verizon, buy an Amazon fire stick for your TV, and then subscribe to a service that carries the ACCN. Last year I know YouTubeTV, Hulu and others did, Just search for the best deal on the streaming providers.

You will be able to stream to your TV with the firestick, assuming your TV has a free HDMI port to plug the firestick into.

My brother gets Sling with no contract and hooks up his laptop to tv. If no interesting games next month, he pauses the subscription. I think its 30 40.
I do the same. It's on pause now as I try to find someone with Dish to let me use his sign in. I bought a firestick but the dish subscription has to have the right tier and also have hopper. One question, can you pause sling more than one time?

Find someone with FIOS and get their login for the FIOS App. You can then stream the games from any device that can run the Fios app.

It will be interesting to see how many pitt games are on the ACCN. Considering the main cable company in Western PA is Comcast who doesn't carry it. Yet Cox and Charter/Spectrum which are the main carriers in the ACC heartland and carry the ACC Network, those teams are getting the ESPN/ABC slots.

What's the point of paying for Armstrong cable if you subscribe to YouTube TV?

I did that last year. I don’t think it had the regional sports network, and certainly didn’t have as user friendly of an interface as a good ole cable setup.

Plus you still need internet, and So together you are likely still talking $120+, which isn’t much less than a bundled cable provider deal.

But still viable of course

I did that last year. I don’t think it had the regional sports network, and certainly didn’t have as user friendly of an interface as a good ole cable setup.

Plus you still need internet, and So together you are likely still talking $120+, which isn’t much less than a bundled cable provider deal.

But still viable of course

Right, I forgot some people need the Pens and Pirates but with the Pens not starting until after Pitt football is done, maybe its a viable option now. ATTSN is pretty useless until then. I pay $132.98 for YouTube TV + Fios Internet. I get all the channels I want minus HBO and Showtime but I pretty much watch one show like when its time for me to watch Homeland, for example, I'll just add Showtime for that month. I was paying $200 for Comcast cable + internet. I did get the premium channels and ATTSN but no ACCN obviously

I broke down and got sling orange plus the sports package for ACCN only for the four months I’m going to watch Pitt. It goes on the amazon fire stick. It was the cheapest option at the moment. It will be 30 the first month then 40 next months.

I broke down and got sling orange plus the sports package for ACCN only for the four months I’m going to watch Pitt. It goes on the amazon fire stick. It was the cheapest option at the moment. It will be 30 the first month then 40 next months.
Doing the same thing Saturday morning.
I think I'll get Starz and Showtime free for a month too.
Can't wait until gameday Saturday .
6 Months of Nothing is finally over.

Right, I forgot some people need the Pens and Pirates but with the Pens not starting until after Pitt football is done, maybe its a viable option now. ATTSN is pretty useless until then. I pay $132.98 for YouTube TV + Fios Internet. I get all the channels I want minus HBO and Showtime but I pretty much watch one show like when its time for me to watch Homeland, for example, I'll just add Showtime for that month. I was paying $200 for Comcast cable + internet. I did get the premium channels and ATTSN but no ACCN obviously

With no ATTSN, would you also lose the few random ACC fb,bb that will be the RSN networks?

With no ATTSN, would you also lose the few random ACC fb,bb that will be the RSN networks?

Yes but those games are avaliable on replay on ESPN3/ACCNX. So, just try to not find out the score and turn on the game 30 minutes after it ends (to make sure you dont turn it on while its not over).

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT