ADVERTISEMENT

How totally effed up is the University of Texas when they can't even take advantage of this?

recruitsreadtheseboards

Lair Hall of Famer
Gold Member
Jun 11, 2006
Biggest program with the most resources in all of NCAA football. And they are so dysfunctional they cannot put together packages and go after players and recruits.

Zero draft picks. Since they lost in BCS title game in 2009, they have been a .500 program.

Reactions: pittmeister
USC isn’t any better…4-8…. Looking like 5-7…6-6….

Biggest program with the most resources in all of NCAA football. And they are so dysfunctional they cannot put together packages and go after players and recruits.

Zero draft picks. Since they lost in BCS title game in 2009, they have been a .500 program.
I always thought Texas primarily recruits in-state. At least I remember Mack Brown saying that. Is Texas high school football overrated? A&M was good last year, and I believe Oklahoma recruits heavy out of the state and they have been a playoff contender for a while, but do the other big SEC schools (Bama, UGA, LSU, Fla, Auburn, etc.) recruit out of Texas much?

I always thought Texas primarily recruits in-state. At least I remember Mack Brown saying that. Is Texas high school football overrated? A&M was good last year, and I believe Oklahoma recruits heavy out of the state and they have been a playoff contender for a while, but do the other big SEC schools (Bama, UGA, LSU, Fla, Auburn, etc.) recruit out of Texas much?
19 out of 20 recruits in 2021 where in state, class ranked 14th.. 15 out of 22 in state recruits in '21, class finished 16th.. 20 out of 28 in state recruits in '22, class finished 5th. so far for '23, all of their verbals are texas recruits'.

So yes, they recruit mostly in state. now the question is, do they want to continue to do that or change up strategies cause obviously it's not working for them..

A player who transferred said their NIL program was really bad. What are Texas boosters doing?

A player who transferred said their NIL program was really bad. What are Texas boosters doing?
that's surprising. honestly, i would have thought Texas would have been the #1 player/culprit in this NIL business. besides buying that texas QB from ohio state, have they gotten anyone else?

Reactions: JohnnyGossamer

Good point. If USC is able to get away with this, then it won’t be long before they jump in as well

that's surprising. honestly, i would have thought Texas would have been the #1 player/culprit in this NIL business. besides buying that texas QB from ohio state, have they gotten anyone else?
Yea, I don't understand it either. NIL should be the way back in the game for Texas, USC, and Miami. For a small school with a small fanbase, Miami has an inordinate amount of extremely wealthy fanboys.

Is the Texas fanbase more like Michigan than Ohio State? Snobby folks who show up on gameday but aren't fanatical like Ohio State, Bama, etc?

Second to Texas in squandered efforts and money probably would have to be PSU, given the money and ethical compromises they’ve made to basically go .750 or less most seasons for the last couple decades. And perhaps the only surprise in the Addison situation is that PSU boosters weren’t the ones waving the cash at him to get him to leave; that perceived humiliation of Pitt is something their whole base would pony up handsomely for. Unless they did so quietly, and he laughed in their face at going up to that s-hole for any amount money, particularly when USC in La-La land and a truly elite program like Alabama are beckoning.

Yes...big time!

Dude, they lost to Kansas on a play where a line cook from Bob Evans caught the game-winning conversion. Texas has been spinning straw out of gold for some time.

Having gone to a game there it is an amazing atmosphere. How they can be that bad for that long. Did you mean 1st round draft picks?

Texas hasn't been relevant since their current recruits were just starting school. It's amazing how a decade of excellent football under Mack Brown has carried this team. I never understood the national fascination with them.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT