ADVERTISEMENT

I am guessing the Dude and his buddies might need to concoct a new rumor

Are there any level headed people with decision making power looking at all of this and just saying, this is all a terrible idea and will change the landscape of every institution athletically, academically, and financially. There are fantastic colleges and universities who will be left out and it could very well cause football teams to potentially dissolve or other sports to dissolve. Maybe I’m going to the most extreme here, but all this money with NIL, big conferences going bigger weakening other conferences etc etc. Would some teams in the big conferences be pushed out to bring in other teams? How extreme can this all get? Let’s say Big 10 says to Rutgers, we are kicking you for another team. Could it get to that point.
I’ve been saying that too many schools with many powerful alumni in too many influential states (as far as politics) appear to be getting screwed in the models of how this is moving. As Pitt fans and alum we can’t imagine that, since the PA politicians are obedient to Penn Rape. But look at the states of NC, Mass, Virginia, Oregon, Washington and Arizona and yeah even WV and consider all the schools in those states alone that stand to be totally screwed. Not to mention states like California, that has Cal and Stanford outside looking in; and Texas that has TT, TCU, Houston and SMU (ok, nobody cares about SMU but my point stands).

In PA it would be futile, but in the schools in all these other states should be pooling lobbying resources and lawyering up and raising hell to their Congress folk already. Get ahead of it now. Demand that anti-monopoly proceedings should be getting readied, against the Evil Empire schools AND the networks that are behind this activity.

But the message can’t be to “save big time football” for these schools; that’s not a very woke message in these times. Interest groups aren’t going to get behind long expensive hearings about making the country safe for Virginia Tech or Arizona State football. Far more effective — and totally TRUE — is the very real harm that women’s sports and the Olympic sports will ensure at all the schools that get frozen out. Football and basketball, or more accurately the conference money those sports currently get, pay the bills for these non revenue sports. When that money evaporates, many of those boutique sports will as well. Do you wanna be the senators and reps from the states I mentioned that stood around and did nothing as all the women sports at UVA, BC, Stanford, and NCSt get eliminated or cut to the bone? Hell hath no fury and all that…

I agree with this, and you make a fair point regarding conference networks. I decided to call it a wash since the Big 12 has Oklahoma and Texas while the Pac-12 has UCLA and USC. I just don’t have the time (or resources) to break it down excluding certain opponents.
Couple key points I don't care enough to search through the ratings and break it down but I can guarantee you the average viewership numbers were helped out more by tx and ok than usc and UCLA because UCLA doesn't move the needle anywhere close to the other three. But the PAC has a issue that the other conferences don't in that the rest of the country doesn't watch many of there games because of the time zone difference. The used to call it the east coast bias.

Lay off the crack. The only markets the Big 12 has are Kansas City, a small piece of Orlando (where UF and FSU are more popular), a piece of Cincinnati (where OSU is far more popular, a piece of Oklahoma City (where OU is more popular), and a very small piece of Dallas and Houston (where UT, OU, and A&M are more popular ).

ACC: the entire states of Florida, SC, NC, VA. Pittsburgh, Louisville, and pieces of NY, Boston, and Atl.

The Big 12 market is pure garbage. The only way the Big 12 survives is if the ACC and Pac 12 fold because most of their best teams leave. And I wouldn't be excited if I was a Big 12 fan if you end up adding Wake, BC, Oregon State, and Washington State
SMF, your takes are comical. First you say the Big 12 only has part of Orlando because FSU and University of Florida are more popular there.

But somehow you completely ignore the University of Florida when stating that the ACC has the entire state of Florida.

You also ignore USCe when talking about South Carolina.

I agree the Big 12 is garbage. And the ACC appears to currently be in a stronger position given geography, demographics and their GoR. But be consistent with your arguments.

If Pitt accepted a Big 12 invite today, the entire university leadership staff should be fired. The Big 12 is BY FAR the worst P5 conference from a stability standpoint
You really are laughable. Lets reconvene this topic someday very soon and we shall see who the buffoon is. Literally nobody, other than you and a few other homers think the ACC is in a stable condition. There's not a single team that would join the ACC now for fear of them losing their 2-4 top bell cows at some point soon (and that includes WVU...unless it was a package deal with ND).

Not only does the B12 make more per team than the ACC now, it will likely be substantially more when the B12 GOR gets redone in 2025. The ACC is already behind financially (4th in money at present) and they are about to drift even further behind.

• Haha
Reactions: pittmeister
You really are laughable. Lets reconvene this topic someday very soon and we shall see who the buffoon is. Literally nobody, other than you and a few other homers think the ACC is in a stable condition. There's not a single team that would join the ACC now for fear of them losing their 2-4 top bell cows at some point soon (and that includes WVU...unless it was a package deal with ND).

Not only does the B12 make more per team than the ACC now, it will likely be substantially more when the B12 GOR gets redone in 2025. The ACC is already behind financially (4th in money at present) and they are about to drift even further behind.
beat it

SMF, your takes are comical. First you say the Big 12 only has part of Orlando because FSU and University of Florida are more popular there.

But somehow you completely ignore the University of Florida when stating that the ACC has the entire state of Florida.

You also ignore USCe when talking about South Carolina.

I agree the Big 12 is garbage. And the ACC appears to currently be in a stronger position given geography, demographics and their GoR. But be consistent with your arguments.
I mean the ACC has a substantial following in all Florida and SC markets. The Big 12 will only have a small piece of Orlando where UF and FSU have bigger followings and maybe even Miami

you do realize the big 12 lost their two biggest teams and replaced them with teams very few care about and your next tv deal will be substantially less.

The ACC has the GOR thru 2036, basically making it impossible for the SEC or big 10 to poach any schools. no lawyers have yet to even try to get around this.. I feel like big 12 apologists conveniently leave out the ACC GOR and also that little fact that texas and oklahoma left. kind of important in the grand scheme of things.

LOL!

****dICTATIONS oF tHE dELUSIONAL***

Ha Ha!

Reactions: TheSpecialSauce
you do realize the big 12 lost their two biggest teams and replaced them with teams very few care about and your next tv deal will be substantially less.

The ACC has the GOR thru 2036, basically making it impossible for the SEC or big 10 to poach any schools. no lawyers have yet to even try to get around this.. I feel like big 12 apologists conveniently leave out the ACC GOR and also that little fact that texas and oklahoma left. kind of important in the grand scheme of things.
He is googling "stable" now

Reactions: RaleighPittFan
The Big 12 has lost their 6 biggest teams over the last 10 years:

Out:
Texas
Oklahoma
Nebraska
Texas A&M
Colorado
Missouri

In:
UCF
Houston
TCU
BYU
WV
Cincy

They have become the AAC P5 conference, which makes them stable because there is nothing left to poach.

And you apparently fail to realize there are more changes to come and they favor the B12 more than the ACC. You homers can continue to curse the darkness, but for a variety of reasons, the B12 is now more attractive to potential new teams like Arizona, AZ State, Utah, and Colorado. If the B12 is lucky and nabs Oregon & Washington too, the ACC is screwed and almost certainly destined to be a distant 4th conference....and then most likely on life support.

Now some or maybe none of those teams may join the B12 (smart money says at least 4 do). But there are no existing P5 programs that are looking....or even giving a thought....to joining the ACC. There are 4-6 giving very serious consideration to joining the B12. And I will repeat, if the B12 gets lucky and nabs Oregon & Washington, it is a death blow to the ACC.

The Big 12 has lost their 6 biggest teams over the last 10 years:

Out:
Texas
Oklahoma
Nebraska
Texas A&M
Colorado
Missouri

In:
UCF
Houston
TCU
BYU
WV
Cincy

They have become the AAC P5 conference, which makes them stable because there is nothing left to poach.
But some how, they’re still going to get a BIGGER contract! Ha!

And you apparently fail to realize there are more changes to come and they favor the B12 more than the ACC. You homers can continue to curse the darkness, but for a variety of reasons, the B12 is now more attractive to potential new teams like Arizona, AZ State, Utah, and Colorado. If the B12 is lucky and nabs Oregon & Washington too, the ACC is screwed and almost certainly destined to be a distant 4th conference....and then most likely on life support.

Now some or maybe none of those teams may join the B12 (smart money says at least 4 do). But there are no existing P5 programs that are looking....or even giving a thought....to joining the ACC. There are 4-6 giving very serious consideration to joining the B12. And I will repeat, if the B12 gets lucky and nabs Oregon & Washington, it is a death blow to the ACC.
You’re killing me! 😂

****sONATE oF A sTOOGE*****

There are a lot of dumb and drug addled people in this world. NO WAY this is for real. Your heart would have given out YEARS ago if it was drugs. And you would have been drown in your toilet if you are this dumb. OK, being from WV, maybe you've never seen a toilet. You would have become lost in the woods looking for a place to squat if you are truly this dumb.

Reactions: FireballZ

WVU wouldn’t consider the ACC in current climate. It would be an automatic “no” (unless Irish joined like poster commented).

We aren’t compromising long term position for 3-4 years (or however many years) until the financial gap really starts to impact top ACC programs.

Follow the money. It’s inevitable that the ACC has upcoming changes unless it’s able to bridge the gap, financially. If it is unable to do so, the question is not “if”, but rather “when”.

Stuck in that contract for the next 7-8 years (can’t remember exact length) is damaging.

However, the ACC is still the better of the three conferences (in terms of “brand”) in the meantime. My issue is a few years down the line.

The best move for XII right now would be to get 4 corners schools and permit OUW to come aboard without binding them to GoR. I’d be willing to bet that is what Yormark is attempting to do….in the event that this PAC number comes back really low.

Last edited:
Stanford and Cal would fit nicely with the ACC's academic profile.

I'd take the whole conference and merge it with our's. Champions of each division/conference get a playoff berth with the next in line getting the Rose Bowl. Acc vs PAC 12 Rose Bowl sounds good to me. Day trip to Pasadena. Or even better: a long walk to Allegiant Field in Vegas.
academic profile, hahaha....this academic slant is silly and kind of rooted in 1958.....its football where 80%+ of the participants could not qualify for the average entrance requirements of these schools yet they see themselves above the riff raff of the WVU's of the world...I just saw a "prestigious" institution in the Ivy league (guessing top ten on one of CrazyTaco's never ending rankings posts) nominate a dude for female athlete of the year...

My post mirrors the thoughts of Staples and Wetzel. It’s not unreasonable.

Just curious, what part do you disagree with?
you guys lost your premiere programs and replaced them with programs that are 3rd and 4th options in their own respected markets. the houston cougars are as much of an afterthought in their own market as UCF is in orlando.

your tv deal in '25 is going to take a major hit. this idea of poaching 4 pac 12 schools while they are negotiating their own contract is false hope and even if it does come true, your tv deal will still take a huge hit..

My post mirrors the thoughts of Staples and Wetzel. It’s not unreasonable.

Just curious, what part do you disagree with
WVU would join the ACC in 2 seconds if asked. Are you insane? You're back in the Big East in your garbage league. I do believe the ACC will lose teams but even if they do, WVU is always destined to be in an outcast league anyway (probably with Pitt). The ACC might have 10 good years left. If your admin said no to regional games so you can play UCF, Iowa State, and BYU, they'd be fired on the spot

WVU would join the ACC in 2 seconds if asked. Are you insane? You're back in the Big East in your garbage league. I do believe the ACC will lose teams but even if they do, WVU is always destined to be in an outcast league anyway (probably with Pitt). The ACC might have 10 good years left. If your admin said no to regional games so you can play UCF, Iowa State, and BYU, they'd be fired on the spot

This “leader” doesn’t exude much confidence to me. Nah. We are good for now.

WVU leadership wouldn’t jeopardize becoming the next Cincinnati by going somewhere for a few years and then needing a former conference to save us after the new conference was torn apart. ACC isn’t a “have”, although it does “have” a very bad TV contract for the next 7 or so years.

Moreover, I’d never take your advice on anything. You’re all over the map, emotional and repeatedly contradictory.

Last edited:
i dont think any big 12 teams would join acc currently and vice versa.. it would be foolish for a member of either conference to jump to an unstable conference from an unstable conference.

Quite frankly, i cant imagine a pac 10 conference team jumping into a big 12 conference either, not until they see what the tv deal numbers look like and that's 2 years away. so basically, the big 12, the acc, and the pac 12 are all pretty much at a "wait and see" for a few years in my opinion.

So we should all just go back to insulting each other's individual teams and relax on insulting each others' conferences.

This “leader” doesn’t exude much confidence to me. Nah. We are good for now.

WVU leadership wouldn’t jeopardize becoming the next Cincinnati by going somewhere for a few years and then needing a former conference to save us after the new conference was torn apart. ACC isn’t a “have”, although it does “have” a very bad TV contract for the next 7 or so years.

Moreover, I’d never take your advice on anything. You’re all over the map, emotional and repeatedly contradictory.
What's the downside to WVU?

Upside: you get a really attractive league for 5-10 years, maybe like forever (but very doubtful)

Downside: the league folds and your back in a shit league but this time probably with Pitt, Syr, BC, Wake, GT. Cincy probably comes back because a few Big 12s would have been picked off. There's just no downside. WVU is destined for a shit conference. The potential upside of joining the ACC and having it remain in its current form is huge.

Reactions: pittmeister

You actually managed to out duel SMF with your idiotic post. The Big 12 is in the worst position right now.

What's the downside to WVU?

Upside: you get a really attractive league for 5-10 years, maybe like forever (but very doubtful)

Downside: the league folds and your back in a shit league but this time probably with Pitt, Syr, BC, Wake, GT. Cincy probably comes back because a few Big 12s would have been picked off. There's just no downside. WVU is destined for a shit conference. The potential upside of joining the ACC and having it remain in its current form is huge.
Incorrect. The downside is that WVU is in the AAC earning 9M annually with Pitt, BC, Syracuse, Wake Forest and other schools, that quite frankly, don’t really support football all that much….from athletics department to quantity of fans.

I’m not saying that happens. I’m saying there’s no guarantee that the bottom halves of these 3 “have not” leagues gets picked up by a remaining league.

Of course, this is all assuming that the XII remains together, which is what I think happens. I just don’t see any teams that are attractive to the P2. I could be wrong.

Incorrect. The downside is that WVU is in the AAC earning 9M annually with Pitt, BC, Syracuse, Wake Forest and other schools, that quite frankly, don’t really support football all that much….from athletics department to quantity of fans.

I’m not saying that happens. I’m saying there’s no guarantee that the bottom halves of these 3 “have not” leagues gets picked up by a remaining league.

Of course, this is all assuming that the XII remains together, which is what I think happens. I just don’t see any teams that are attractive to the P2. I could be wrong.
The Big 12 is foaming at the mouth to get Colorado back. They'll take anyone. If the ACC doesnt work out for WVU, I am sure you can go back to the Big 12. The ACC has lost 2 teams in its history and only 1 in the last 50 years. It is certainly possible the ACC stays together. I dont think it will but it could and if WVU was offered a seat, they'd happily take one.

Reactions: NickPanthers
The Big 12 is foaming at the mouth to get Colorado back. They'll take anyone. If the ACC doesnt work out for WVU, I am sure you can go back to the Big 12. The ACC has lost 2 teams in its history and only 1 in the last 50 years. It is certainly possible the ACC stays together. I dont think it will but it could and if WVU was offered a seat, they'd happily take one.
Re-read your final 2 sentences.

Ultimately, I think XII stays together. I don’t know if ACC does. It might but who knows.

Gimme the option where I don’t have to depend on others to invite me.

No matter what happens in the future, I do believe the BB and Black Diamond Rivalry will be played annually.

So in short, every fan of their conference thinks "their" conference is in the best shape. got it,

So in short, every fan of their conference thinks "their" conference is in the best shape. got it,
Except the PAC and ACC and that’s simply because they have top brands that are eyeing the B1G and SEC. The other 3 are stable from the standpoint that there’s likely not to be any additional movement out of the conference.

I don’t think the fans of those 2 conferences think they are in the “best shape”. I think there’s probably a fair amount of worry and that’s totally understandable.

Re-read your final 2 sentences.

Ultimately, I think XII stays together. I don’t know if ACC does. It might but who knows.

Gimme the option where I don’t have to depend on others to invite me.

No matter what happens in the future, I do believe the BB and Black Diamond Rivalry will be played annually.
What is screwed up is your confidence in the Big 12 is based on the fact it is such garbage, nobody wants any of those teams.

The Big 12 is like a trailer park. Everyone is moving up in the world and getting out. You would be turning down a chance to move to a middle class neighborhood but you don't want to because you feel the trailer park is more stable since the middle class neighborhood might see some big changes as everyone is upgrading there also. Dude, the trailer park is always going to be there.

Except the PAC and ACC and that’s simply because they have top brands that are eyeing the B1G and SEC. The other 3 are stable from the standpoint that there’s likely not to be any additional movement out of the conference.

I don’t think the fans of those 2 conferences think they are in the “best shape”. I think there’s probably a fair amount of worry and that’s totally understandable.
and there are plenty of big 12 fans worried as well. Not you of course. You lose texas and oklahoma and think your tv deal will go up because of UCF and houston lol.

I love how you just absolutely continue to ignore that little fact that the ACC has a GOR that makes any kind of movement have a price tag of 9 figures. Again, no one has yet to even attempt to fight this contract but again it goes ignored..

and there are plenty of big 12 fans worried as well. Not you of course. You lose texas and oklahoma and think your tv deal will go up because of UCF and houston lol.

I love how you just absolutely continue to ignore that little fact that the ACC has a GOR that makes any kind of movement have a price tag of 9 figures. Again, no one has yet to even attempt to fight this contract but again it goes ignored..
To be fair, it will go up. Rights fees have skyrocketed. Big 12 without Texas and OU in 2025 is more valuable than Big 12 with Texas and OU in 2012.

I didn’t say I think our $ goes up. You have the wrong guy.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT