ADVERTISEMENT

I hope/think I am right about Pitt football

Saboteur

All Conference
Jan 15, 2015
Many places. but not all
It's been my opinion that a meteoric rise in the fortunes of Pitt football was not the best thing that could happen. Taking Pitt's historical DNA samples tells me that when one man dominates, Pitt admins tend to fight back with their army. They win.

Instead, my belief is that we need to build a program upon which a host of coaches can succeed. Those foundations can endure a bunch of setbacks. Penn State is the best example. I don't think Paterno was a great coach and as a human being I detest him, but he should get all the credit for building an incredible foundation. And I give it to him.

I like the way Narduzzi has adjusted his mindset. Build with good players and get a bunch of them: getting QBs each year is an absolute must and build a culture of good first...great will hopefully follow, but being consistently good has to come first.

The recent haul of players isn't worrying Ohio State, but I assure you, the radar now has Pitt coming in from a different attack zone. We had no QB last year and a losing record piled on top of 30 plus years of "meh". That isn't going to turn any heads.

But we are getting players who are good and versatile and SEE PITT AS A DESTINATION.

Which we know is correct. Now others are getting the message too.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT