ADVERTISEMENT

I watched a Women's Basketball game

I guess not! In the meantime, I expect you to be consistent and post every time you see someone cross whatever arbitrary line exists between celebrating and taunting.
I didn't post about the LSU player. So I am being consistent in not ever posting about this act.

Apparently she’s an awful person. Defended briles during the rape scandal and was a COVID denier.

Also, petty. Apparently she had a billboard put up in Waco about LSU making the FF. Grow up.
Shes also homophobic (at least in the I prefer people to stay in the closet and not talk about it way) and refused to say anything about her former player Britney Griner when she was in jail. She also made contact with the ref and should have been T'd up.

Reactions: Ski11585
Shes also homophobic (at least in the I prefer people to stay in the closet and not talk about it way) and refused to say anything about her former player Britney Griner when she was in jail. She also made contact with the ref and should have been T'd up.
Yeah bumping the ref was probably the most unsportsmanlike thing to happen all game.

On a semi-related note. I thought Bomani Jones had a really insightful and reasonable take on this whole kerfuffle on his Monday pod.

Watched most of the 2nd Half of Iowa vs South Carolina. Undefeated vs the 🐐 so had to do it. Some thoughts and questions.

- What's the point of them having a 3 point line in between the HS line and the men's line? Were women making the HS 3 pointer at too easy of a rate?

- Nobody shoots 3s. Is the line too far? Is it just Caitlin Clark who can hit 3s? Iowa literally wasnt guarding anyone outside of 17 feet. So weird watching a basketball game where 1 team doesn't even try to shoot a 3.

- No flopping. I didnt see one person even attempt to take a charge. Not sure if this is all the time or what. The men's game is mostly just guys shooting 3s and guys flopping when someone drives to the basket. Its atrocious basketball. Its refreshing to watch a game without flopping. I am curious why there is no flopping in the NBA. Are they just too rich to take charges?

- Caitlin Clark is one of the few players in the history of women's basketball that can make a casual fan turn the game on. She is that good. The announcer was saying the girl guarding her was the best defender in the nation and she drives by her and finishes with ease. She isnt just a shooter. She has Curry range. And drives it like LeBron
Men's and Women's three point lines are the same.

Yea I always wondered about that. I thought they taped on a new line for the women's games like they do for HS. Why is the women's 3 point line the same? That seems stupid.
I’d say just simply tired of all the lines on the court And the Women can make the shot well enough.Cant remember the arena,but there was one that had nba,new three point line,old three point line and the original three point line.Dont know if you remember, but the acc experimented with a three point line in the early mid 80s.It went inside the top of the key.Even shorter than the original ncaa in 87.

Yea I always wondered about that. I thought they taped on a new line for the women's games like they do for HS. Why is the women's 3 point line the same? That seems stupid.

Literally every other line/dimension is the same for the men and the women. Why should that one be different?

SMF, the WNBA game is very similar to the NBA game. Obviously the players don't play above the rim because of the sexual size dimorphism of the homosapien sapien but the x's and o's are basically the same and the skills of the players are all exceptional. The WNBA is loaded since there are only 12 teams, similar to how the 1960s NBA was loaded, every team having a few of the very best in the world, which is pretty cool. Almost every team has someone or maybe two or three players you might remember as being a legend at the college level.

I hope some of the people who enjoyed this year's WNCAA tournament will check out the WNBA.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT