ADVERTISEMENT

If Pitt hadn't opted out of a bowl game.....

cbpitt2

Freshman
Sep 12, 2011
If Pitt hadn't opted out of a bowl game, and I totally understand the reasoning to do so, but if they did not choose to opt out, with other schools opting out, where might Pitt have ended up bowl wise?

Only ACC team I saw that was close to us in a bowl projection (SI) was Wake Forest in the Duke’s Mayo Bowl. Ironically, they projected them to play Penn State.

Edit: There’s also a few bowls who have a P5 opponent and are selecting an at-large team to fill the other spot. These include Gasparilla, First Responder, and Birmingham.

You also have to figure if Pitt hadn’t opted out the others wouldn’t have either. Despite beating the crap out of them on the field Va Tech would’ve received a favorable bowl game the same way they always do.

Reactions: CaPAPITT76
Kinda hard to figure that out with all the opt outs and bowl tie ins. I would guess Military.

If Pitt hadn't opted out of a bowl game, and I totally understand the reasoning to do so, but if they did not choose to opt out, with other schools opting out, where might Pitt have ended up bowl wise?

Reactions: HailToPitt725
You also have to figure if Pitt hadn’t opted out the others wouldn’t have either. Despite beating the crap out of them on the field Va Tech would’ve received a favorable bowl game the same way they always do.
Who opted out after we did?

That was projected to be v Tenn.
That would have been a projected matchup with Tenn.which wouldn’t have been bad.

Im usually not one of those “there’s too many bowl games” guys, but I find it kind of sad that even in this crazy season Tennessee would be playing in a bowl having lost 7 of their last 8 games.

Reactions: Atlanta Panther
Military, navy. Maybe compass bowl again which would be fitting as Pitt plays tenn next sept too lol

Military, navy. Maybe compass bowl again which would be fitting as Pitt plays tenn next sept too lol

Navy is another one, 3-7 record and hasn’t won a game in over 2 months. Their season should mercifully be over.

Pitt bowl projections typically look respectable early on and end up being bad. So I'd guess whatever the worst bowl was against the worst possible opponent would've been Pitt's game.

Reactions: LVNVPanther
Annapolis.

and UCLA.

The Bruins opted out of a victory tonight also.

Hats off to Stanford. That's a team that really improved and closed out the season strong.

Pac 10 stopped caring about sports about the same time Pitt did, stop using that conference to prove any points

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT