ADVERTISEMENT

Ivy League guard contact

BballinsiderfromPitt

Heisman Winner
Feb 15, 2018
1st team all Ivy guard was seen in person by Tim O Toole. They must think Bub is leaving and this is a great move to go older, either way.

1st team all Ivy guard was seen in person by Tim O Toole. They must think Bub is leaving and this is a great move to go older, either way.

Chris Manon is a good basketball player and a pest on defense. He's also versatile, you could get him some minutes at the 1, 2, or the 3.

This has nothing to do with Bub. Jeffress is gone.

Chris Manon is a good basketball player and a pest on defense. He's also versatile, you could get him some minutes at the 1, 2, or the 3.

I must’ve missed all the minutes Jeffress played at the 1/2/3 instead of the 4/5 where he actually got minutes? You’re a silly man

Reactions: rockypanther
I must’ve missed all the minutes Jeffress played at the 1/2/3 instead of the 4/5 where he actually got minutes? You’re a silly man

Pg- Lowe
Sg-Bub, Cummings, Ish
Sf- Austin, Barnes, Ish
Pf- Guillermo, Jorge
C- Kante

Redshirt- Ndiaye

3 ships to use

1 guard, combo guard
1 PF
1 C

That has nothing to do with Bub. And yes Bub could leave. So could Leggett.

They lose Ish, but get Manon and add Cummings. They keep Lowe and Bub. They roll with the three guard lineup anyway with some combination of those four, add the ECU kid at the 4 and Kante/Guillermo at the 5.

They lose Ish, but get Manon and add Cummings. They keep Lowe and Bub. They roll with the three guard lineup anyway with some combination of those four, add the ECU kid at the 4 and Kante/Guillermo at the 5.

We would still have another ship for a center. We have 3 ships to use currently.

We would still have another ship for a center. We have 3 ships to use.
I know, but I can foresee a situation where the players I mentioned, plus Austin and a little bit of Jorge, are going to be the rough 8/9 man rotation. The staff has not really shown that they care all that much about the ~11th-13th scholarship spots. I’m not sure if that’s necessarily a bad thing in terms of the team’s quality.

You have to be prepared cause if Bub gets a 1st round guarantee…

I know, but I can foresee a situation where the players I mentioned, plus Austin and a little bit of Jorge, are going to be the rough 8/9 man rotation. The staff has not really shown that they care all that much about the ~11th-13th scholarship spots. I’m not sure if that’s necessarily a bad thing in terms of the team’s quality.

Im not sure if you are talking about years past or this past year. I mean, we went 4 years in a row where we had a player suspended / thrown off the team. And we have had preseason injuries on a yearly basis that have crushed our depth.

I think the biggest question is money. The Johnson kid is pretty darn good and is going to get paid. Manon is pretty darn decent. We'll see who the first center visitor actually is. And of course Meleek Thomas is still lurking out there.

I know Bub is the talk of leaving. The guy that Im probably as nervous about is Ish. And its not against Capel or Pitt. His father has a disability and he was doing gofundme's to help his dads disability and was in need of money. We could get outbid for him and he may need the money. I also have no inside information on this, but based on the background history of Lowe and Carrington, I think both would take a paycut to build a potential really strong team next year, taking the NBA out of the equation.

Im not sure if you are talking about years past or this past year. I mean, we went 4 years in a row where we had a player suspended / thrown off the team. And we have had preseason injuries on a yearly basis that have crushed our depth.

I think the biggest question is money. The Johnson kid is pretty darn good and is going to get paid. Manon is pretty darn decent. We'll see who the first center visitor actually is. And of course Meleek Thomas is still lurking out there.

I know Bub is the talk of leaving. The guy that Im probably as nervous about is Ish. And its not against Capel or Pitt. His father has a disability and he was doing gofundme's to help his dads disability and was in need of money. We could get outbid for him and he may need the money. I also have no inside information on this, but based on the background history of Lowe and Carrington, I think both would take a paycut to build a potential really strong team next year, taking the NBA out of the equation.
I hope Ish is back.

But I would think you wouldn’t want him back since you are totally against the extra “Covid” year…

What is their background history?

The words "take a pay cut" isn't in most people's vocabulary.

What is their background history?

The words "take a pay cut" isn't in most people's vocabulary.

People take paycuts all the time in sports because they love a city, coach, team or something else like have good friends on the team, is this a joke?

Brad Marchand and Tom Brady were 2 of the most underpaid players in sports history for example because they wanted to play on all star super teams.

Capel has known the fathers of Lowe and Carrington for decades. They are like best friends, room together, etc..

Reactions: mo cheeks
People take paycuts all the time in sports because they love a city, coach, team or something else like have good friends on the team, is this a joke?

Brad Marchand and Tom Brady were 2 of the most underpaid players in sports history for example because they wanted to play on all star super teams.

Capel has known the fathers of Lowe and Carrington for decades. They are like best friends, room together, etc..
Come. On. You can’t use Brady and Marchand as examples. They’d already made millions.

They can still be underpaid. Throw Sidney Crosby into the mix. He was worth much more than what he’s been paid no matter how much money he has.

While that is true, it is also true that there is a difference between taking a paycut and not taking every dollar you can get. For instance Crosby absolutely could have taken more throughout his career, but he also just as certainly has never taken a pay cut in his career.

12.5 PPG in the Ivy League. If their plan to relace Bub is this kid, its going to be a long year. Would be a decent 8th or 9th man.
Man, you’re great at bad ill informed takes. He averaged 12.5 ppg 4 rpg and 3 asg and 2.2 stls playing only 22 mins per game. Bub averaged 33 minutes a game. Manon’s numbers arent gonna be great at cornell. They press for the whole game leading to a large rotation.

Man, you’re great at bad ill informed takes. He averaged 12.5 ppg 4 rpg and 3 asg and 2.2 stls playing only 22 mins per game. Bub averaged 33 minutes a game. Manon’s numbers arent gonna be great at cornell. They press for the whole game leading to a large rotation.

And I am saying that if the plan to replace a 1st Round NBA pick is a guy who averaged 12 in the Ivy League, you are all going to be very disappointed. Never seen this kid play but he is a depth piece at the P6 level. I said the same thing about Zack Austin because his stats werent great at a low major. I like Austin and he played a role but he didn't play starters' minutes. He is a good depth piece and Manon could be as well. If we want to go to the NCAA Tournament, we need:

PG - Lowe
Wing - Leggett
Wing - P6 starter transfer or all-league at mid-major (Ivy is a low major)
Forward - see above
Center - Can get by with Papa and GDG possibly

And I am saying that if the plan to replace a 1st Round NBA pick is a guy who averaged 12 in the Ivy League, you are all going to be very disappointed. Never seen this kid play but he is a depth piece at the P6 level. I said the same thing about Zack Austin because his stats werent great at a low major. I like Austin and he played a role but he didn't play starters' minutes. He is a good depth piece and Manon could be as well. If we want to go to the NCAA Tournament, we need:

PG - Lowe
Wing - Leggett
Forward - see above
Jamarius burton averaged 10 ppg 3.5 asg and 3.5 rpg at wichita st and then averaged 4 ppg 2 rpg and 1asg at ttech. Then he was the best player on a tournament team and first team all acc, if the tools are their im not super worried about past production, and he isnt going to be a replacement for bub. He is the 4th guard to rotate with bub ish and lowe. No coaching staff is gonna pencil a freshman into the rotation unless they are a top 10 kid. Bub’s also not going to be replaced by just 1 player if he leaves. It will be a committee approach similar to the way they will replace blake

PG - Lowe
Wing - Leggett
Forward - see above

Brandin Cummings might start next year WITH Bub still on the team.

Brandin Cummings might start next year WITH Bub still on the team.

Not if Leggett is still here. And I like Cummings but you cant count on freshmen to be plus contrbutors. Lowe wasnt ready right away and that's partly why we didnt make it.

Not if Leggett is still here. And I like Cummings but you cant count on freshmen to be plus contrbutors. Lowe wasnt ready right away and that's partly why we didnt make it.

Lowe was hurt in the preseason. This was mentioned multiple times by both Lowe and Capel.

And Cummings can flat out score. Instant impact, guaranteed.

Jamarius burton averaged 10 ppg 3.5 asg and 3.5 rpg at wichita st and then averaged 4 ppg 2 rpg and 1asg at ttech. Then he was the best player on a tournament team and first team all acc, if the tools are their im not super worried about past production, and he isnt going to be a replacement for bub. He is the 4th guard to rotate with bub ish and lowe. No coaching staff is gonna pencil a freshman into the rotation unless they are a top 10 kid. Bub’s also not going to be replaced by just 1 player if he leaves. It will be a committee approach similar to the way they will replace blake

I figured someone would bring him up. The American is a much higher level than the Ivy League. He didnt play much at TT but was in a backcourt of Mac McClung, Kevin McCullar, and Terrence Shannon. And his 1st year at Pitt wasnt great but made a big improvement. I'll take someone with his career path. And I'll take Manon, just not to be a starter.

Last edited:
I will bet you any amount of $, if Bub is back, Brandin Cummings is not a regular starter next year. They’re currently Recruiting a guy to be the 4th guard who is not him. You’re a sick individual
Which they should be, i know hes underrated, but even if he was in the 60-75 range you shouldnt enter the year expecting him to be a key rotation member

I will bet you any amount of $, if Bub is back, Brandin Cummings is not a regular starter next year. They’re currently Recruiting a guy to be the 4th guard who is not him. You’re a sick individual

Well, even if Bub is back and Leggett isnt, you would want to recruit a high level Leggett replacement so I hope they get thet and Cummings doesnt start because you want to be older.

Which they should be, i know hes underrated, but even if he was in the 60-75 range you shouldnt enter the year expecting him to be a key rotation member
Correct
Well, even if Bub is back and Leggett isnt, you would want to recruit a high level Leggett replacement so I hope they get thet and Cummings doesnt start because you want to be older.
correct

I dont bet on anything, thats for you.

Brandin Cummings averaged more points per game in the EYBL than Dior Johnson, Bub Carrington, Judah Mintz, Jaland Lowe, or any other Pitt recruit in the last 10 years outside Justin Champagnie, who didn't play in the EYBL but rather a different summer circuit.

The guy closest to Cummings in the EYBL in scoring was the ACC player of the year, RJ Davis.

This would maybe be a bit of a harsh move…but Cummings loves Pitt. Dreamed of being a Pitt Panther. I think they can afford to build the roster such that he’s a luxury 4th or 5th guard in the rotation as a true freshman without much concern of him going anywhere.

This would maybe be a bit of a harsh move…but Cummings loves Pitt. Dreamed of being a Pitt Panther. I think they can afford to build the roster such that he’s a luxury 4th or 5th guard in the rotation as a true freshman without much concern of him going anywhere.
Yeah I think I said the exact same thing. He’s not gonna start lol

I dont bet on anything, thats for you.

Brandin Cummings averaged more points per game in the EYBL than Dior Johnson, Bub Carrington, Judah Mintz, Jaland Lowe, or any other Pitt recruit in the last 10 years outside Justin Champagnie, who didn't play in the EYBL but rather a different summer circuit.

The guy closest to Cummings in the EYBL in scoring was the ACC player of the year, RJ Davis.
Who cares? The EYBL is fake basketball. You care entirely too much about fake basketball

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT