ADVERTISEMENT

Ivy League guard contact

Yeah I think I said the exact same thing. He’s not gonna start lol

There were a bunch of idiots last year who said Lowe and Carrington were not ready in the preseason last year.

You were one of them, as you constantly kept bringing up Bub's age and him not being ready because he was barely 18. Tread water carefully.

There were a bunch of idiots last year who said Lowe and Carrington were not ready in the preseason last year.

You were one of them, as you constantly kept bringing up Bub's age and him not being ready because he was barely 18. Tread water carefully.
Congrats, they were part of a team that didn’t make the NCAAT. Guess I was right.

Cummings isn’t starting next year if all 3 guys are back. I also told you the following, Femi sucks, Hugley sucks, Jeffress sucks, Ithiel Horton wasn’t the best scorer in the ACC, etc etc etc.

Congrats, they were part of a team that didn’t make the NCAAT. Guess I was right.

Cummings isn’t starting next year if all 3 guys are back. I also told you the following, Femi sucks, Hugley sucks, Jeffress sucks, Ithiel Horton wasn’t the best scorer in the ACC, etc etc etc.

Cummings is going to play a lot

Leggett didnt start either but still played 28 minutes per game off the bench, which is way more than both Austin and Fede who both started.

All that matters is who plays, not who starts.

You guys can underrate Cummings all you like. He is a top 50 talent and a lethal shooter. Let me repeat what I just said. Cummings is LETHAL shooting the basketball.

Leggett didnt start either but still played 28 minutes per game off the bench, which is way more than both Austin and Fede who both started.

You guys can underrate Cummings all you like. He is a top 50 talent and a lethal shooter. Let me repeat what I just said. Cummings is LETHAL shooting the basketball.
Literally the exact opposite happened. No one underestimated Cummings. We just have working brains that know he is their 4th best guard at best.

You’re the one who said he’d start. Glad your tiny brain came around

Literally the exact opposite happened. No one underestimated Cummings. We just have working brains that know he is their 4th best guard at best.

You’re the one who said he’d start. Glad your tiny brain came around

I said he could start, not will start. Stop drinking.

Cummings will be the best shooter on the team on day 1. The guy whos minutes that is likely to get pinched is Austin unless we fully strike out on 4's.

I said he could start, not will start. Stop drinking.

Cummings will be the best shooter on the team on day 1. The guy whos minutes that is likely to get pinched is Austin unless we fully strike out on 4's.
You said he might start with Bub on the team. An absolutely insanely comment, even for you. Luckily, as always, I deal with reality

I dont bet on anything, thats for you.

Brandin Cummings averaged more points per game in the EYBL than Dior Johnson, Bub Carrington, Judah Mintz, Jaland Lowe, or any other Pitt recruit in the last 10 years outside Justin Champagnie, who didn't play in the EYBL but rather a different summer circuit.

The guy closest to Cummings in the EYBL in scoring was the ACC player of the year, RJ Davis.
AAU isn’t NCAA basketball. Have you been to the games in person?

Capel guard recruiting

Dior Johnson- National Player of the year in juco, broke the playoff scoring record in juco at 45 points per game
Judah Mintz- 16 points per game in the ACC as a freshmen
Jaland Lowe- 10 points per game in the ACC as a freshmen
Bub Carrington- 14 points per game in the ACC as a freshmen
RJ Davis- 9 points per game in the ACC as a freshmen, played in the national title game

Capel knows how to recruit guards and power forwards. Center leaves a lot to be desired followed by wings.

We even passed on guys like Arturo Dean and Khalil Brantley who's both going to have a lot of power 6 interest.

Cummings starts if:

- we lose one of Lowe, Bub, Leggett
- we strike out in the portal in terms of higher-level replacements

This isnt impossible, unfortunately
This is how I took your earlier post. And let’s be honest, what are the chances we keep all 3? That’s a tough ask.

Yeah but if we do because Cummings scored a lot of pickup game points and against 4A Wpial kids he will start over 1 of those 3 accomplished ACC players next year. BOOK IT
Back on topic, when I think Ivy League transfers at Pitt, I think Rafael Maia. Different position, but still weak results.

Capel guard recruiting

Dior Johnson- National Player of the year in juco, broke the playoff scoring record in juco at 45 points per game
Judah Mintz- 16 points per game in the ACC as a freshmen
Jaland Lowe- 10 points per game in the ACC as a freshmen
Bub Carrington- 14 points per game in the ACC as a freshmen
RJ Davis- 9 points per game in the ACC as a freshmen, played in the national title game

Capel knows how to recruit guards and power forwards. Center leaves a lot to be desired followed by wings.

We even passed on guys like Arturo Dean and Khalil Brantley who's both going to have a lot of power 6 interest.
We didn’t even get 2 of these guys and Dior fell into our lap. Capel wasn’t the only who identified all them either. What does this post mean?

We didn’t even get 2 of these guys and Dior fell into our lap. Capel wasn’t the only who identified all them either. What does this post mean?
Judah made a reactionary move because the program was going through a run of off the floor issues.

RJ was a panther until Roy Williams swept in in the 11:00 hour out of need.

These were two extenuating circumstances but shows that Capel has been identifying good elite guards for our program.

Back on topic, when I think Ivy League transfers at Pitt, I think Rafael Maia. Different position, but still weak results.

I dont mind Maia as a backup. Problem is he had to play starters minutes at times because we only had Alonzo Nelson-Ododa.

So should I believe that Jeff and Jason Capel were the only ones to ever notice all of these Guards? And after they Offered these “ Unknown” prospects that the Capel Bros unearthed from the Depths of the local PNA and VFW summer leagues, only then would the rest of the NCAA coaches would learn who they are?

In Vader Land, I guess anything is “Possible”
If there’s one thing I’m most comfortable with when it comes to Capel, it’s identifying guards and being able to sell them and land them now. What I’m not comfortable with is the depth of our pockets.

Reactions: joeydavid

If all three return, where is he going to get minutes?

Per Jeff Capel

Marlon Barnes plans to return and Amdy Ndiaye is still coming.

He also reiterated the primary focus in the portal is in the frontcourt for right now, both the 4 and 5.

Well, I said we cant have 4/13 players who can't score. We lost 1 in Jeffress. So 3/13 who wont contribute offensively isnt as bad. Still, I wouldn't keep Barnes and Ndiaye. Those are the types that need to prove it at the MM level first.

Well, I said we cant have 4/13 players who can't score. We lost 1 in Jeffress. So 3/13 who wont contribute offensively isnt as bad. Still, I wouldn't keep Barnes and Ndiaye. Those are the types that need to prove it at the MM level first.
I have no problem keeping them. Guys 11-13 aren't going to play anyway unless there are injuries. If you think you can develop them into something, and they're good teammates, there's no harm in keeping a couple young guys as the backend of the bench.

This is early and Fede is #7 and not a P6 level starter so what does that tell you. I said I'll take Manon but if he is our Bub replacement, we are in serious trouble.
They rely solely on advanced metrics, so having lowe/bub/ish make easy opportunities for him did a lot for his ranking. Also their is only 1 player pitt will have a chance with who could replace bub and thats meleek. If bub leaves its most likely going to be a committee approach to replace him

How do you know what either are capable of ?

This is early and Fede is #7 and not a P6 level starter so what does that tell you. I said I'll take Manon but if he is our Bub replacement, we are in serious trouble.

Here are some wild Fede stats after looking at the final season ending numbers.

Fede ranked tied for 7th on our basketball team in total win shares. Jeffress finished 8th and barely played. We had an 8 man rotation.

Fede finished the season with a worse defensive DRTG power rating than Guillermo. Blake Hinson had by far the worst defensive power rating on the team at 107, almost 10 full spots behind Guillermo.

Fede made 65 total baskets this year. Of the 65 made baskets, 32 of them were slam dunks, almost 50%. Fede made zero shots outside of 5 feet for the entire season. Do you guys know how unbelievable this is? If we didn't have elite guards passing him the ball on a silver platter for him to slam it with no one covering him, he would barely had scored.

This is the guy some people are worried about losing, lol. And Im not even going to bring up the putrid defensive rebounding numbers.

Last edited:
Here is some wild Fede stats after looking at the final season ending numbers.

Fede ranked tied for 7th on our basketball team in total win shares. Jeffress finished 8th and barely played. We had an 8 man rotation.

Fede finished the season with a worse defensive DRTG power rating than Guillermo. Blake Hinson had by far the worst defensive power rating on the team at 107, almost 10 full spots behind Guillermo.

Fede made 65 total baskets this year. Of the 65 made baskets, 32 of them were slam dunks, almost 50%. Fede made zero shots outside of 5 feet for the entire season. Do you guys know how unbelievable this is? If we didn't have elite guards passing him the ball on a silver platter for him to slam it with no one covering him, he would barely had scored.

This is the guy some people are worried about losing, lol. And Im not even going to bring up the putrid defensive rebounding numbers.

I was super high on Fede last season. I thought he could develop into an all-league type as bigs develop later. But he was bad this year. He was Terrell Brown/Kene Chukwuka. That said, its no guarantee we upgrade from Fede in the portal.

Barnes was a top 60 recruit at one point because of his potential. Their is still a place for homegrown players. Also he wont play if he isnt better than the guys we bring in but will serve as depth. From what ive heard, he is a great fluid athlete with a good jump shot. His main issue is playing organized bball. In highschool he basically played like he was at the local la fitness just hooping. For amdy he is a development player with alot of upside. If he hits you get a year of a player for significantly less than u would pay for a transfer

Here are some wild Fede stats after looking at the final season ending numbers.

Whether it’s Fede or anyone else, I want my center to attempt two kinds of shots and only two kinds of shots: dunks/layups at the rim, and pick and pop three pointers (assuming the center can actually shoot three pointers). 50% of Fede’s scoring coming from dunks is great! That’s what we want! Dunks and three pointers only! And if you can’t shoot three’s, then dunks only!

Whether it’s Fede or anyone else, I want my center to attempt two kinds of shots and only two kinds of shots: dunks/layups at the rim, and pick and pop three pointers (assuming the center can actually shoot three pointers). 50% of Fede’s scoring coming from dunks is great! That’s what we want! Dunks and three pointers only! And if you can’t shoot three’s, then dunks only!
They need to make free throws as well. Fede was 9/25 in ACC play for a .36 conversion rate. Dunks would have helped if he converted through traffic or contact, but most of his dunks were finished with no one around him.

GDg was .64 FT in conference and made 23 3’s.

Reactions: FireballZ
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT