ADVERTISEMENT

Ivy League guard contact

Whether it’s Fede or anyone else, I want my center to attempt two kinds of shots and only two kinds of shots: dunks/layups at the rim, and pick and pop three pointers (assuming the center can actually shoot three pointers). 50% of Fede’s scoring coming from dunks is great! That’s what we want! Dunks and three pointers only! And if you can’t shoot three’s, then dunks only!

I generally agree, but don't we also want our center, when he gets the ball wide open under the basket, to actually attempt a dunk or a layup? Because I don't think I've ever seen a team have their center get the ball in prime scoring position and not even look at the basket, let alone take the shot, as we did with out centers this season.

I generally agree, but don't we also want our center, when he gets the ball wide open under the basket, to actually attempt a dunk or a layup? Because I don't think I've ever seen a team have their center get the ball in prime scoring position and not even look at the basket, let alone take the shot, as we did with out centers this season.
Yes, I want my center to attempt and convert wide open dunks and layups, for sure.

My ideal is basically just a version of Fede that does that at a higher level. I just don’t want a back to the basket center who you dump it to down in the post as a regular offensive option.

Yes, I want my center to attempt and convert wide open dunks and layups, for sure.

My ideal is basically just a version of Fede that does that at a higher level. I just don’t want a back to the basket center who you dump it to down in the post as a regular offensive option.

I think if your back to the basket center is a good passer, so he can either get shots within a couple feet of the basket or kick the ball out to open shooters if he gets doubled, that's OK too. But yeah, generally speaking, layups and threes.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT