ADVERTISEMENT

James Conner

Perhaps I got lost, but wasn't the original debate about whether wearing a "player game jersey" to a college football game was appropriate or not? The answer is certainly yes, and it hardly makes the person who chooses that dress code a slob or lacking in any category. Personally, I leave that style to the kids [and also find those jerseys uncomfortable]. But to criticize people that wear Pitt gear to a Pitt football game is simply absurd. The point I attempted is that dress codes have changed. Whether you like the change or not, that is up to you. But change it has...which is purely an objective fact. Hail to Pitt!

Yes, people need to "stay on target"

JehsFsF.jpg

Reactions: Jpripper88
Yes, but "JERSEY" discussions always lead to some people complaining that it's "sloppy" or strange if grown men wear a football jersey.

Honestly, I think it is kind of strange for men in their 50's and up to wear a college football jersey [unless your kid is playing on the field]....but I would never criticize you or anyone that chooses to do so [especially because it is common place and hundreds of thousands of men do it]. I put it in the different strokes category. Hail to Pitt!

It was really only one guy (?) who was complaining about the wearing of team gear to games. He's also the same one that (1) thinks the Nuttings are the bestest owners ever, (2) wants Bookser castrated and thrown out of Pitt for a traffic violation; and (3) openly lamented that Pitt just accepted a grad (emphasis on grad) transfer OL who is coming from a university regularly rated as a better school than Pitt, because, well who the hell knows why, because we're Western Harvard apparently. So take the opinion with a grain of salt.

Reactions: PITTLAW
Honestly, I think it is kind of strange for men in their 50's and up to wear a college football jersey [unless your kid is playing on the field]....but I would never criticize you or anyone that chooses to do so [especially because it is common place and hundreds of thousands of men do it]. I put it in the different strokes category. Hail to Pitt!
This is the same thing with a different adjective, which is exactly my point.

This is the same thing with a different adjective, which is exactly my point.

"Strange" and "does not care about their appearance" or "sloppy" are not synonyms. I also find it strange that men do not shave and come to the office and think that is a good look...but I'd never call them out on it. I also laugh [internally] at guys that wear a button-down collar, with a tie and business suit....or at men that do not wear an undershirt when dressing for business. But I digress... Hail to Pitt!

"Strange" and "does not care about their appearance" or "sloppy" are not synonyms. I also find it strange that men do not shave and come to the office and think that is a good look...but I'd never call them out on it. I also laugh [internally] at guys that wear a button-down collar, with a tie and business suit....or at men that do not wear an undershirt when dressing for business. But I digress... Hail to Pitt!
I didn't say they were synonyms. No one is talking about "calling them out on it" either. For all this discussion, I think we are on the same page, in the end.

A lot of these "norms" are stuff I never learned to be honest. I'm a child of immigrant parents and grew up in a home where we lived totally as if we where in their home country -nothing American, ZERO ASSIMILATION, and to me there is always stuff, that is supposedly typical American stuff, that even in my 50s I hear about for the 1st time. Even about how to dress, I remember I was in my 40s when someone told me you aren't supposed to wear white after labor day, lol, never heard of that?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT