ADVERTISEMENT

Jarrod West

We would have both Sibande and West leaving after next season. Might be tight in 2021, but a whole lot of backcourt minutes open up starting in 2022.

After what has happened the last 2 years with players quitting mid-season to other players getting hurt whether it be a car accident, a scooter accident, a practice injury, a game injury, a concussion, a felony, etc... To players getting put on the bench because of technical foul issues or personal issues or not listening to the coach.

We were down to a backup walkon point guard this year and a 17 year old kid starting. I think we will be ok getting a fair share amount of minutes to the players that deserve it, lol.

After what has happened the last 2 years with players quitting mid-season to other players getting hurt whether it be a car accident, a scooter accident, a practice injury, a game injury, a concussion, a felony, etc... To players getting put on the bench because of technical foul issues or personal issues or not listening to the coach.

We were down to a backup walkon point guard this year and a 17 year old kid starting. I think we will be ok getting a fair share amount of minutes to the players that deserve it, lol.
I think you could tell a kid like Blakes that he can come in, and you think he’s good enough as a freshman to earn a starting job - because I think he is good enough to leapfrog Horton or Sibande. Then, when Sibande and West leave, you can sell him on a starting role as a sophomore alongside Femi.

Reactions: cabe23

Vader check this out - West compares quite favorably to the other transfer guards Pitt is after.

Rest of the tweet:

I'm extremely skeptical that his shooting will translate given his size and consistently terrible free throw shooting, but I like everything else about his game. Definitely the kind of player that you hate playing against so why not? If we aren't going to be one of the most talented teams in the league, might as well play with some edge.

So we need another teams transferring AKC as well, got it.

Blakes is a very intriguing talent, and has all those intangibles we like. I'm very excited for that kid to come on board, and it feels like there's a decent chance of it happening soon.

The kid Ive said we have been recruiting hard under the radar from Maryland. One of the 0 star players I was talking about that is way underrated. Keep your eye on him. Someone should notify rivals that he's not even in the database yet.

One of the secrets getting out.... There's others however...

So we can't complain if Pitt is playing the game as well, as they contact most portal decent portal players, it's how it is , now we need to have a coach that is on top of this new wrench in the system, uses it to his advantage going forward. Like many of you said, it's really going to hurt the game badly , like watching one and dones every year but many of the one and dones are not even good. I guess what my plan would be , since the players have bought it 24 7, shitty player run him off each year, if you made a recruiting miss the year before with said player . Sounds harsh but only way to survive

I am being serious. I’m 99.99 percent positive he’s committing to Pitt. I’m backing off my lock because you’re making me nervous
One thing I've learned in my 40 years as a Pitt fan is that in at least the last 30 of those years, there are NO positive locks when it comes to Pitt athletics.

Reactions: Millerton24
He's good and respectable. Decent shooter, terrific assist to turnover ratio, high efficiency on offense, all conference selection on defense, twice. He also provides leadership which we need badly.

He's on the small side at 5'11 so his shooting percentages are going to fall in a better league. There are better players out there with higher upside that would provide more on offense, but this would be a really solid starting block to start off. He is a massive upgrade to our walkon point guard playing last year.

We could run dual points with him and Odukale at times and set up a nice trap extended pressure defense as he creates a ton of steals.
A team can't have enough good ballhandlers in the backcourt. We see that over and over every year in college basketball.

While we are on the topic of guards and musical chairs...

Bensley Joseph isnt solid with Miami, never signed loi. Top 100 player from Arlington Massachusetts. Miami is going after more guards with reason. Potential return to the northeast for him.

Reactions: cabe23
I don’t think Wooga Poplar signed with them either, but I could be wrong. Really liked him coming out of Philly but we weren’t involved.

Reactions: B_Smith215
While we are on the topic of guards and musical chairs...

Bensley Joseph isnt solid with Miami, never signed loi. Top 100 player from Arlington Massachusetts. Miami is going after more guards with reason. Potential return to the northeast for him.
Is Pitt actually interested in him? FWIW he's ranked 83rd on ESPN and 113 and 114 on Rivals and 247, about what Blakes is.

Thanks for the hopeful good news @BballinsiderfromPitt
We could certainly use it. Plus, it'd be nice to beat a # of solid programs for West.
Some momentum is very much needed and warranted.

I don’t think Wooga Poplar signed with them either, but I could be wrong. Really liked him coming out of Philly but we weren’t involved.
My high school just beat his earlier this week to go to the state finals and they mentioned that he did sign with Miami during the game.

Reactions: pittchagg
Sources that are in the know say on Friday "Pitt is it", "Good News soon". By Sunday , Pitt is in the top 3, and a decision is coming in a week, no big deal, but the longer it goes, the more chance a front runner gets derailed, that is all, nothing of substance.

Sources that are in the know say on Friday "Pitt is it", "Good News soon". By Sunday , Pitt is in the top 3, and a decision is coming in a week, no big deal, but the longer it goes, the more chance a front runner gets derailed, that is all, nothing of substance.
Link above says 2-3 days, not a week.

What would’ve changed based on that article? Louisville is a mess right now. Wichita State is nowhere near his family and never plays near his family. I doubt the kid played his whole life in front of his family then decides ya know what for my last year ever playing basketball I’ll make sure my dad can’t see me!

I’m not even sure he’s a take for Louisville, TBH. He’s going to Pitt.

What would’ve changed based on that article? Louisville is a mess right now. Wichita State is nowhere near his family and never plays near his family. I doubt the kid played his whole life in front of his family then decides ya know what for my last year ever playing basketball I’ll make sure my dad can’t see me!

I’m not even sure he’s a take for Louisville, TBH. He’s going to Pitt.

Wasn't assuming anything had changed other than his time frame of making a decision.

Reactions: Parkview57
Wasn't assuming anything had changed other than his time frame of making a decision.
I wasn’t trying to come off in any sort of way, just explaining what I was thinking.

I believe this is all window dressing and was done a while ago. 99 percent of portal entries are done before they enter. Not really that high, but the majority of them.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT