ADVERTISEMENT

Jarrod West

I wasn’t trying to come off in any sort of way, just explaining what I was thinking.

I believe this is all window dressing and was done a while ago. 99 percent of portal entries are done before they enter. Not really that high, but the majority of them.

This one confuses me:

- Femi is the PG. Is West happy being a backup?

- Why didn't his dad's alma mater, WVU offer?

This one confuses me:

- Femi is the PG. Is West happy being a backup?

- Why didn't his dad's alma mater, WVU offer?
Why do you keep asking questions none of us could possibly have an answer to regarding who offered?

West is a better defender and distributor than Femi at any level. He’s gonna play.

Reactions: cabe23
If you click and read the actual article West says "I’d like to commit sooner rather than later, probably in the next week or so.” , interview is dated March 25th.
Yes, the article was published from an interview last week. The tweet that said “2-3 days” was from a subsequent conversation from yesterday. I think this thing’s gonna be sewn up by the end of the month.

I think you could tell a kid like Blakes that he can come in, and you think he’s good enough as a freshman to earn a starting job - because I think he is good enough to leapfrog Horton or Sibande. Then, when Sibande and West leave, you can sell him on a starting role as a sophomore alongside Femi.
IMO, the best case scenario if to get West and Blakes this year. Blakes is not forced into pt, if he is good enough to get minutes ahead of West, Sibande or Horton, great. But, if not you get some level of normalcy where he gets to adjust, grow and mature, see some time this upcoming season, then be ready to battle with Horton for 2G minutes in 2022. Then double down on a PG and 2G next year to come in to have the PG groom one year behind Femi and the 2G to battle with Blake - mix in a transfer one or both years.

IMO, the best case scenario if to get West and Blakes this year. Blakes is not forced into pt, if he is good enough to get minutes ahead of West, Sibande or Horton, great. But, if not you get some level of normalcy where he gets to adjust, grow and mature, see some time this upcoming season, then be ready to battle with Horton for 2G minutes in 2022. Then double down on a PG and 2G next year to come in to have the PG groom one year behind Femi and the 2G to battle with Blake - mix in a transfer one or both years.
I agree. I don’t think you’ll get a single person talking negatively about the guard haul this year if we add West and Blakes.

That said, I think if Blakes is the dog that he seems to be billed as, I think he’d end up carving out a very solid role in this backcourt as a freshman. But I agree - they seem to be pushing hard for both PGs and off ball guys for 2022, and it’d be great to finally get into a rhythm.

West doesn't really affect Femi much at all. Femi and West both can run point and play off the ball offensively and Femi can guard the 1-3, so defensively you can have West, Nike, and Femi on the court at the same time with no problem.
Horton will be where he should be. Coming off the bench.

West doesn't really affect Femi much at all. Femi and West both can run point and play off the ball offensively and Femi can guard the 1-3, so defensively you can have West, Nike, and Femi on the court at the same time with no problem.
Horton will be where he should be. Coming off the bench.

For sure be nice to have some depth at G with some upperclassman for the first time -- since Chris Jones and James Robinson....we will have 2 senior guards in Nike and West, 2 essentially freshman (4 years left of eligibility) guards in Femi and Blakes(when we land him) and a sophomore G in Horton. Guards will be set with West/Blakes,

Wings -- If Champ returns --- we could a Freshman here, an upperclassman wouldn't be bad here either to go along with Will and Collier. Figuring Collier is Wing/Big based on need. Need 1 More if Champ comes back, 2 if he doesn't.

Bigs - Obviously our clear need hoping we can pull some magic here on many fronts -- We need 2-3 to go with Max, who hopefully will give us some minutes this year. Do we land Reid? Land Wahab? Harrar? Someone else? Does Hugley get a get out of jail free card? if we can start next year with 2 of these 4 on our roster, we will be in good shape with a roster that looks like this:

G - Femi/Nike/Horton/West/Blakes
F - Champ/Will/Collier/Transfer or HS
C - Max and Reid or Hugley or Wahab or Harrar

if we land 2 of the bigs that will leave us with 4 spots open for our 2022 class without any further roster movement after the 21-22 season.

For sure be nice to have some depth at G with some upperclassman for the first time -- since Chris Jones and James Robinson....we will have 2 senior guards in Nike and West, 2 essentially freshman (4 years left of eligibility) guards in Femi and Blakes(when we land him) and a sophomore G in Horton. Guards will be set with West/Blakes,

Wings -- If Champ returns --- we could a Freshman here, an upperclassman wouldn't be bad here either to go along with Will and Collier. Figuring Collier is Wing/Big based on need. Need 1 More if Champ comes back, 2 if he doesn't.

Bigs - Obviously our clear need hoping we can pull some magic here on many fronts -- We need 2-3 to go with Max, who hopefully will give us some minutes this year. Do we land Reid? Land Wahab? Harrar? Someone else? Does Hugley get a get out of jail free card? if we can start next year with 2 of these 4 on our roster, we will be in good shape with a roster that looks like this:

G - Femi/Nike/Horton/West/Blakes
F - Champ/Will/Collier/Transfer or HS
C - Max and Reid or Hugley or Wahab or Harrar

if we land 2 of the bigs that will leave us with 4 spots open for our 2022 class without any further roster movement after the 21-22 season.
I'm hoping for a significant leapn from Collier this year.

I wasn’t trying to come off in any sort of way, just explaining what I was thinking.

I believe this is all window dressing and was done a while ago. 99 percent of portal entries are done before they enter. Not really that high, but the majority of them.

Perhaps it is window dressing... And Im all for that.

But Louisville 1000% offered and 1000% had multiple zoom calls with him. There was a zoom call with a reporter where West actually talks about why he is interested in going to Louisville. This isn't a friend from Marshall. Or Jake Weingarten. Or Rivals.com. This is West saying it out of his own mouth.

If he is a Pitt look as you say, then that's good... He should announce it so we can get the ball rolling already.

With that said, I want him. He's a good solid addition.

Reactions: TWPitt
Perhaps it is window dressing... And Im all for that.

But Louisville 1000% offered and 1000% had multiple zoom calls with him. There was a zoom call with a reporter where West actually talks about why he is interested in going to Louisville. This isn't a friend from Marshall. Or Jake Weingarten. Or Rivals.com. This is West saying it out of his own mouth.

If he is a Pitt look as you say, then that's good... He should announce it so we can get the ball rolling already.

With that said, I want him. He's a good solid addition.
Even if you know where you want to go before you hit the portal, you’re doing yourself a disservice by not listening to the teams who want to call you.

Reactions: Drew1208 and TWPitt
Even if you know where you want to go before you hit the portal, you’re doing yourself a disservice by not listening to the teams who want to call you.
You’re also opening yourself up to possible tampering charges if someone in your circle got this done before you hit the portal...

As I said, this is window dressing. He’s going to Pitt. You have to go thru the charade.

You’re also opening yourself up to possible tampering charges if someone in your circle got this done before you hit the portal...

As I said, this is window dressing. He’s going to Pitt. You have to go thru the charade.
So do you know anyone else both going to Pitt and through the charade?

Ithiel went all the way down to Arkansas and we still got the t-word thrown around. Though it’s probably different now.

So do you know anyone else both going to Pitt and through the charade?

Blakes Top 5 before the Pitt offer included Depaul who lost its coach, Texas who lost its coach, Stanford who he is no longer interested in, Yale, and Illinois. I expect a decision from him sooner rather than later. Like us, VCU tried to get in late.

Illinois is trying to close in on Tyty Washington and Podz decision is coming soon and it looks like Illinois. Burnett looks headed south.

I expect Blakes decision to be relatively soon. Excellent chance here.

Blakes Top 5 before the Pitt offer included Depaul who lost its coach, Texas who lost its coach, Stanford who he is no longer interested in, Yale, and Illinois. I expect a decision from him sooner rather than later. Like us, VCU tried to get in late.

Illinois is trying to close in on Tyty Washington and Podz decision is coming soon and it looks like Illinois. Burnett looks headed south.

I expect Blakes decision to be relatively soon. Excellent chance here.
What happens if DePaul hires Orlando Antigua ?

Do you have to physically see him enrolled and sitting in class or will a verbal commitment do it? Relax man
You should relax. Pitt for me right now has zero credibility they will land anyone. They have high credibility of players bolting from the program. So let me see the decision that comes Wednesday and then I'll be happy. As I wrote, I'll believe it when I see it.

You should relax. Pitt for me right now has zero credibility they will land anyone. They have high credibility of players bolting from the program. So let me see the decision that comes Wednesday and then I'll be happy. As I wrote, I'll believe it when I see it.
It was a joke man. I’m plenty relaxed, enjoying vacation a beer and the sun waiting for these games to start!!!

WVU now involved I'm told
I thought I read it was down to lowly Louisville and waning Wichita State and Proud Pitt, I think i just read Ohio State has replaced waning Wichita and WVU -Huggy Bear is gonna replace lowly Louisville....

Maybe he wants to play in the Ncaa tournament his last year of college.Thats why he probably included the Ohio State.If he just wanted to be a starter he'd stay at Marshall.

Let's look at his three finalists and understand what they have to offer:
- Pitt: close to home, more playing time than the other 2, ACC,<50% chance to make tourny, negative culture on team
- Louisville: ACC, big time program, 50%+ to make tourny, may get less playing time, boosters
- Ohio st: Big 10 , likely make tourny, least amount of playing time, big school, boosters

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT