ADVERTISEMENT

John Hugley

If Capel feels he deserves a second chance I’m all for it.

If he doesn’t I’m all do that too.

Unlike us, he knows the entire situation and will make an informed decision.

For those saying it will hurt recruiting moving forward- no it won’t.

it will hurt recruting or not hirt recruting based on the court outcome if capel takes him back.

i am fine with whatever the court decides. if the whole thing gets trivialized in court and becomes a non issue. i am okay with capel bringin him back. if the court doesnt decide that way then pitt shouldn't either imo.

im just not optimistic on how this turns out.

Reactions: HailToPitt1985
people get second chances in this world but those second chances are rarely in the same spot/position they screwed up in. a second chance isnt getting your old job back per se its more or less someone else somewhere else giving the person that chance. sometimes that "chance" isnt even the same opportunity and are given years later after the screwup. his "second chance " could be seeing not jail time and years from now climbing the ranks somewhere else in some other way.

the details of what he did are pretty cut and dry, not a lot of room for interpretation on grand theft auto

Agree. Let the kid go out and learn a trade and get a job. He doesn't have to be in college to do that. That's his second chance. No jail time or minimal jail time and help in getting into a trade school and learning a trade to make a living.

Agree. Let the kid go out and learn a trade and get a job. He doesn't have to be in college to do that. That's his second chance. No jail time or minimal jail time and help in getting into a trade school and learning a trade to make a living.
So no more basketball for him at, let’s say, Akron?

ask yourself this. is this kid was say a swimmer or a gymnast would this even be something people would contemplate?
Not all at. I know I wouldn’t bat an eye at it. I’m a total fraud as a fan. I just want winning teams regardless of the players’ character. It’s not my Mission Statement. It’s up to the school to get me to spend my money on the product. Though I’m certainly not hoping for a Pitt team that resembles the mid-90s Jail Blazers.

Last edited:
Reactions: Chaos
Not all at. I know I wouldn’t bat an eye at it. I’m a total fraud as a fan. I just want winning teams regardless of the players’ character. It’s not my Mission Statement. It’s up to the school to get me to spend my money on the product.

valid point. we all look at things differently. personally i dont like black marks on any team mine or others.
Setting aside the win at all cost mentality has allowed me to stay a pitt fan. lol

Reactions: LeftCoastPanther
Do we even know if Hugley is staying in physical shape if it's decided he's allowed back? Has he been practicing? Lifting? Running?

He certainly has more room for improvement. He’s statistically one of the worst freshmen in ACC history.

hahahahaha dude what?! Even if that was somehow true (it’s not) clearly there’s not a large enough sample size.

he played in like 3 ACC games as a true freshman with barely any non conference to get adjusted. His last game he had seven points and seven rebounds clearly improving.

asanine.

and if you’re talking about Jeffress he’s super super young and has barely played in ACC play. Looked fine in spots.

also Ridiculous.

hahahahaha dude what?! Even if that was somehow true (it’s not) clearly there’s not a large enough sample size.

he played in like 3 ACC games as a true freshman with barely any non conference to get adjusted. His last game he had seven points and seven rebounds clearly improving.

asanine.
If you can show me another Wing through 10 games is shooting 13 percent from 3 and 26 percent from 2 I’ll give you 100 bucks

If you can show me another Wing through 10 games is shooting 13 percent from 3 and 26 percent from 2 I’ll give you 100 bucks

how about 8 assists to 3 turnovers.

he hasn’t shot it well but who cares. That’s not his game.

he’s a year and a half young as a freshman and didn’t get much in the way of non-conference to develop.

not to mention sample size wayyyyy too small to make any declaration as worst ACC freshman ever.

Reactions: TheSpecialSauce
I dont really see the point of talking stuff on Will or Noah right now.
They're freshmen, one is a really really young freshmen.
They both play behind really good players.
Hopefully they're learning.
I think its impossible to tell how they'll end up.

If Capel feels he deserves a second chance I’m all for it.

If he doesn’t I’m all for that too.

Unlike us, he knows the entire situation and will make an informed decision.

For those saying it will hurt recruiting moving forward- no it won’t.

Having nobody for 2021 hurts enough on its own. It’s hard to believe there are zero commitments.

Having nobody for 2021 hurts enough on its own. It’s hard to believe there are zero commitments.
Especially after I read Capel’s second, not first, full class will be where he strikes it rich. Now after three years of establishing relationships there are no commits and I’m reading the transfer market will be where Capel grabs kids. Only what (legit) kids are looking at schools that would have missed the last five NCAAs?

Reactions: pierre93
Yes, I would say well into the 1980's, maybe the '90s, not so much I suppose in the the last two decades

No. I said ..."If your family values are such that honesty, empathy, working within the law, and such has no importance, it will not go well for you in any high profile position."

Are you saying that the environment/mores in which one is raised has no impact good or bad on a person once they leave that environment for the first time? (See how that works?)
I see your point here but it all depends. There are twins who have an alcoholic father; one grew up to be a life long criminal the other to be a prosecutor. When they asked the criminal why he had so many problems in his life he said because I have an alcoholic father. The asked the prosecutor why he worked so hard to graduate at the top of his class and become a prosecutor he too said because I have an alcoholic father. Each person responds to life differently.

Reactions: Drew1208
Musselmam has Arkansas as a top5 seed. Hoiberg stinks
I agree that Hoiberg stinks. My point is more that there are coaches who people here gush over who build their entire programs around transfers and JUCOs. Some are successful. But I don’t think one season of dipping into that pool is going to be a killer, especially since eligibility for our 2020 class is frozen.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT