ADVERTISEMENT

Justin Fields is BACK and going to lead the Steelers to the promised land!

Randy Moss figured it out? Randy Moss had 2700+ yards and 28 TD in his first two years. Followed it up with 1400+ and 15 TDs in his 3rd year. Pickens isn't a pimple on his backside.

Pickens is tracking more to Martavis Bryant and Chase Claypool. He'd be smart to get his head out of his a$$ and grow up.
Plus to my other point, Moss was paired with HOF WR Chris Carter.
Pickens was paired with Dontai Jonson and Jefferson/Austin. LOL

All I was saying Freeport, was that the criticism was and is warranted, and you blamed the personnel. Last week, he didn’t catch a ball that was squarely placed in his hands and it hit him in the helmet and Souf blamed Fields.

But he’s only part of the problem. He hasn’t shown to be a solution. The problems are many.
I don't disagree, but surely you understand that another competent/borderline elite WR would do wonders for Pickens by both taking pressure off of him and mentoring him.

Like I said, Randy Moss broke in playing alongside Chris Carter. Remember him, the guy who mentored Larry Fitzgerald??

Not saying Pickens needs paired with a HOF receiver, but a competent balance would benefit him greatly.

All I was saying Freeport, was that the criticism was and is warranted, and you blamed the personnel. Last week, he didn’t catch a ball that was squarely placed in his hands and it hit him in the helmet and Souf blamed Fields.

But he’s only part of the problem. He hasn’t shown to be a solution. The problems are many.
Quote my blaming fields .
I’ll ask again
I can speak for myself just fine - but you can’t .
Second time you’ve made this claim in this thread and multiple time the last two weeks -
Back it up

Fields is the least of the Steelers issues.
Yesterday was his worst game, but he's grading out as a top 10 QB in the league so far.
He threw 2 TD passes with no turnovers.
Steelers can live with him at QB, they can and have gotten by with a lot worse.

For context - compare the stats or completely washed Deshaun Watson this year to the redemption of Justin Fields
QB 1 - 60.2% completion rate, 852 total yards , 5TDs and 3 picks
QB2_ 67.6%. 961 yards 5 TDs to 1 Int
but add 5 fumbles with 1 lost this season .
He’s averaged almost a fumble per game over his career

Yesterday was his worst game, but he's grading out as a top 10 QB in the league so far.
He’s a game manager at best .

You can’t win games throwing for less than 150 yards when the running game
Is bad .

Grading out how?
He is 22nd in qbr and 20th in raw qbr
14th in EPA
20th in PAA
17 in expected points per pass attempts

For context - compare the stats or completely washed Deshaun Watson this year to the redemption of Justin Fields
QB 1 - 60.2% completion rate, 852 total yards , 5TDs and 3 picks
QB2_ 67.6%. 961 yards 5 TDs to 1 Int
but add 5 fumbles with 1 lost this season .
He’s averaged almost a fumble per game over his career
Yeah, the rookie center did not factor into this.

Game shouldn’t have been as close as it was. Two first half Dallas turnovers in the red zone prevented an embarrassment. Steelers defense was exposed against the Colts. Offensive line is offensive.

Kyle Allen is probably at least as good as Fields.

He’s a game manager at best .

You can’t win games throwing for less than 150 yards when the running game
Is bad .

Grading out how?
He is 22nd in qbr and 20th in raw qbr
14th in EPA
20th in PAA
17 in expected points per pass attempts
He had a bad stat game.
Prior he was in top ten.

Agreed. Same applies to Pickett for those still whining.
Fields and Picket may or may not be the solution but they sure as heck are not the major issue. There maybe one qb in the league (Mahomes) who could take snaps in this offense and make a difference.

The Steelers skill players are near the bottom of the league overall in terms of talent and the Ol is likely in the bottom half of the league.

Fields/Qb play is way down the list of issues in offense. Heck I’d put Tomlins offense philosophy way above the qb. He plays not lose the game But man we don’t live in our fears. Lol

Quote my blaming fields .
I’ll ask again
I can speak for myself just fine - but you can’t .
Second time you’ve made this claim in this thread and multiple time the last two weeks -
Back it up
You did. But you’re often incoherent and/or vague, so who knows what was going on in that mind of yours. You said Pickens didn’t drop the TD, as Fields put the ball in a spot that made Pickens fully extend and almost get killed…which is fiction. It’s your passive aggressive way at blaming the QB for the receivers butter fingers.

By dropped you mean fully extended with someone coming out his head ?

Much like last year Pickens is the least of the problems

Difference is the attitude didn't affect his play. When a head case produces like Moss, you coddle and deal with it. When they produce like George Pickens, you send him packing to be someone else's problem.
Or you supplement him with another threat to maximize his potential/value

So he could bitch and moan the other guy was getting his throws?

His fate is pretty much sealed. They already floated he could be traded rumors, and he was basically benched last night.
LOL, going from 1 WR with a pulse to zero will really make the Steelers offense pop.

Well then you counter for them to give you a list of all the PedState/Hoopie QB's who are tearing the NFL apart!

Picket was a good college QB, he sucked in the NFL. It happens. Different games requiring different skills.
He's still a multimillionaire and on a roster. Why is that so bad???
So let’s see in one post it’s the quarterback who is the least of the problems and Brady wouldn’t make a difference and in the next it’s Piccket sucked with this same cast of characters and Canada. LOL.

I agree that there’s not a qb other than Mahomes who could turn this shit sandwich into something decent. And yet they won 7 games with that awful Qb KP

Reactions: Fk_Pitt
Game shouldn’t have been as close as it was. Two first half Dallas turnovers in the red zone prevented an embarrassment. Steelers defense was exposed against the Colts. Offensive line is offensive.

Kyle Allen is probably at least as good as Fields.
Allen did what fields rarely does in one attempt. Throw the ball decisively and accurately down the middle of the field. Great throw.

So let’s see in one post it’s the quarterback who is the least of the problems and Brady wouldn’t make a difference and in the next it’s Piccket sucked with this same cast of characters and Canada. LOL.

I agree that there’s not a qb other than Mahomes who could turn this shit sandwich into something decent. And yet they won 7 games with that awful Qb KP
The Great KP will rise from the ashes of his career and march to Canton.
No doubt. Can't keep such a generational talent down.
Only a matter of time.
KP will save the NFL, no....KP will save the world!!!

Fields talent >>>> Pickett.
Arm strength, running ability not close.
But I understand the Pickett koolaid tastes great on a Pitt message board.

KP may never start another NFL game.
You’re right about KP. But then people said the same about Sam Darnold

And you do realize that there’s more to being a qb than arm strength and running ability. Hell Fields probably grades better in those two categories than Brady.

You’re right about KP. But then people said the same about Sam Darnold

And you do realize that there’s more to being a qb than arm strength and running ability. Hell Fields probably grades better in those two categories than Brady.
KP for president! KP for Pope! KP for world leader!!!

The Great KP will rise from the ashes of his career and march to Canton.
No doubt. Can't keep such a generational talent down.
Only a matter of time.
KP will save the NFL, no....KP will save the world!!!
lol. So you can’t admit that your argument is flawed. You appear to have a bad case of PDS. Show me on the doll were Kenny hurt you

And again I’ll admit that he may not ever take a snap again and clearly wasn’t the answer for this shit show

lol. So you can’t admit that your argument is flawed. You appear to have a bad case of PDS. Show me on the doll were Kenny hurt you

And again I’ll admit that he may not ever take a snap again and clearly wasn’t the answer for this shit show
LOL, I have no patience for the KP lappers here. How the Steelers did him so dirty.
Picked him #1, made him an NFL starting QB, paid him $6 million bucks!!

Cry me a river for KP!!!

lol. Yeah that shuffle pass was a thing of beauty. Not many QBs in the league could make that pass

So the Steelers have a top 10 qb and the best wr in the game. Yet averaged less than 20 points a game. Hmmm

• Haha
Why do you have this weird obsession with Pickett?
My obsession is with the KP apologists and their alternate facts.
I appreciated KP's senior year here.
Wish he had made it big as a pro, but he didn't.
My obsession is with those making him some kind of martyr to camouflage their Steeler/Tomlin hate.

My obsession is with the KP apologists and their alternate facts.
I appreciated KP's senior year here.
Wish he had made it big as a pro, but he didn't.
My obsession is with those making him some kind of martyr to camouflage their Steeler/Tomlin hate.
Yeah, but you're the dude who is posting non stop about KP.

Reactions: pittbb80
Just trolling the KP is God crowd.
I'll stay off the free board. Give it back to SMF, where it belongs.
Strawman. No one thinks he’s God. And no one speaks in absolutes and says he’s good. We only hear people speaking in absolutes that Kenny sucks.

Not even Kenny Heisman, who is Kenny’s biggest defender on these boards, claims that Kenny is anything more than a question mark at this point in his career.

All anyone knows is Kenny was a game manager in this offense who wasn’t bad, but wasn’t particularly good either…except at the end of games, and after Canada left.

Strawman. No one thinks he’s God. And no one speaks in absolutes and says he’s good. We only hear people speaking in absolutes that Kenny sucks.

Not even Kenny Heisman, who is Kenny’s biggest defender on these boards, claims that Kenny is anything more than a question mark at this point in his career.

All anyone knows is Kenny was a game manager in this offense who wasn’t bad, but wasn’t particularly good either…except at the end of games, and after Canada left.
After this, I'll strive to never mention KP again for the rest of my life.
You conveniently ignore the conspiracy theories that the Steelers did KP dirty, ran him out of town, and tarnished his reputation and good name.
But I get it. It's a Pitt message board and Pitt students come from many places, not all Pittsburghers or Steeler fans.
I get the Rooney hate. I get the Tomlin hate. I get the penis envy for them in this town as compared to Pitt.
So, if I ever mention KP again, may I be struck with lightning!
(Unless of course if he does make something of himself in the NFL, then I'll be extremely happy for him.)

You're not wrong. I thought this "solution" was stupid but here we are. They backed themselves into a corner and I'd be willing to bet that Fields is in camp with a shot at starting.
That would be doubling down on a bad decision so it's probably what this stiller leadership will do.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT