ADVERTISEMENT

Justin Fields

You forgot the part about paying him $6 million dollars. Just a minor detail.
Exactly. It didn’t work out with the Steelers but they made him a #1 pick and that should serve him well for the rest of his career and buy him a few extra years earning an NFL check. As long as he doesn’t screw it up.

Reactions: FreeportPanther
Exactly. It didn’t work out with the Steelers but they made him a #1 pick and that should serve him well for the rest of his career and buy him a few extra years earning an NFL check. As long as he doesn’t screw it up.
For sure!
He'll be a free agent in a year and will certainly get another chance to prove himself.
Sam Darnold won today as the Vikings starter.
Baker Mayfield is lighting it up in Tampa Bay.

Cream rises to the top and it is a QB starved league.

I have NOTHING against KP. He was the best QB we've had here at Pitt for a long time. I was thrilled, but apprehensive, when the Steelers picked him. It was not a good situation for him, or any rookie QB to walk in to.
That said, he didn't help himself here. He was often injured, he was slow through his progressions, he missed a lot of open receivers, usually throwing high, and his signature spin move more often than not resulted in a sack. His departure was clumsy to say the least.

That said, if he ends up on another team and lights it up, I'll be thrilled for him, unless he's playing the Steelers.

So, you have an employer that actively lies to you and slanders you publicly…you cool with that?

So, you have an employer that actively lies to you and slanders you publicly…you cool with that?
What do I have to do with this? I'm not a first round NFL pick under contract with an NFL team. Besides that, the Steelers and Kenny both had the same story. Listen to what the Steelers said and listen to what Kenny said. Any "lies" are just something you or some other ball washer made up to make yourselves feel better...Not to mention if Kenny was slandered, why isn't he filing a lawsuit? And why would the Steelers slander him when they were trying to get some value for him via a trade?

For sure!
He'll be a free agent in a year and will certainly get another chance to prove himself.

I have NOTHING against KP. He was the best QB we've had here at Pitt for a long time. I was thrilled, but apprehensive, when the Steelers picked him. It was not a good situation for him, or any rookie QB to walk in to.
That said, he didn't help himself here. He was often injured, he was slow through his progressions, he missed a lot of open receivers, usually throwing high, and his signature spin move more often than not resulted in a sack. His departure was clumsy to say the least.

That said, if he ends up on another team and lights it up, I'll be thrilled for him, unless he's playing the Steelers.
well said. the only thing I would add for me is that I was very excited for him and the Steelers at the end of the preseason last year. I thought it was going to be senior year Kenny all over again.

Speaking of QB play, somehow the Browns still have only one 1st down for the entire game.

What do I have to do with this? I'm not a first round NFL pick under contract with an NFL team. Besides that, the Steelers and Kenny both had the same story. Listen to what the Steelers said and listen to what Kenny said. Any "lies" are just something you or some other ball washer made up to make yourselves feel better...Not to mention if Kenny was slandered, why isn't he filing a lawsuit? And why would the Steelers slander him when they were trying to get some value for him via a trade?
The Pittsburgh media is in the Steelers back pocket. The Steelers are the Golden Goose. Fatboy Madden is the only one that really criticizes them and that’s because it takes the shine off his beloved Pens.

For sure!

Excellent post.

For sure!

Yup. I dont think anyone who defended KP thinks he’s a sure fire NFL starting QB.

But i do hope he gets a chance to show what he can do with a legit OC and some talent around him. I think he can be a serviceable starter but he’s clearly not a franchise qb

Not so sure about this.
I kinda think he likes it here, and the Steelers like him.
Great athlete.
We have the OC to coach him up.
What is the hurry?
Russell Wilson isn’t the answer.
He’s a pretty Good running back for sure

Reactions: Pitt1975
Speaking of QB play, somehow the Browns still have only one 1st down for the entire game.

In their first eight drives if you take off their penalty yardage they had a net of 15 yards.

Not per series, 15 yards total.

Then they had a 75 yard touchdown drive. And in three series since then, eight total yards (again, including yards lost on penalties).

So with that one exception, 11 drives, 23 net yards.

• Wow
In their first eight drives if you take off their penalty yardage they had a net of 15 yards.

Then they had a 75 yard touchdown drive. And in three series since then, eight total yards (again, including yards lost on penalties).

Mike McCarthy is superior to Mike Tomlin…

Yet Mike Tomlin is Steeler coach for life and people are talking about McCarthy getting fired and Coach Prime coaching the Cowboys next year.

Reactions: pittbb80
Mike McCarthy is superior to Mike Tomlin…

Yet Mike Tomlin is Steeler coach for life and people are talking about McCarthy getting fired and Coach Prime coaching the Cowboys next year.

Well, one of them does have the highest paid player in the league playing quarterback for him and still only won one playoff game in his four years at his current stop, while the other has had an old, noodle armed QB, followed by Mitch Trubisky and Kenny Pickett, followed by this year's cluster****.

I work closely with 2 Browns fans, so tomorrow should be fun.

I really think that Watson’s lack of success isn’t due to injuries or all the time he’s missed for various reasons, but more so to that $230 million guaranteed contract. These guys are professionals but they are human too, and with that kind of money guaranteed to you no matter what it’s hard to keep that same type of edge. You see it from time to time with guys like Albert Haynesworth and some others, and I’m about ready to put Watson in that same category.

Well, one of them does have the highest paid player in the league playing quarterback for him and still only won one playoff game in his four years at his current stop, while the other has had an old, noodle armed QB, followed by Mitch Trubisky and Kenny Pickett, followed by this year's cluster****.
And one of them has Jerry Jones making his personel decisions, and the other makes his own.

Valid point. But mediocre Mike has a HOF qb for most of his tenure and his claim to fame is he hasnt had a sub 500 season

Also it’s intersting that none of the top Fa Qbs or Wrs wanted to come to play for mediocre Mike

Reactions: 303vND and Fk_Pitt
Valid point. But mediocre Mike has a HOF qb for most of his tenure and his claim to fame is he hasnt had a sub 500 season

Also it’s intersting that none of the top Fa Qbs or Wrs wanted to come to play for mediocre Mike
And there is that small game they played against each other when both had HOF QBs.

Reactions: 303vND and pittbb80
At personnel? Good question. But if Jones loves the attention and the circus enough to let Dak and McCarthy go so that he can bring in Prime and Prime Jr? That would trump, I don’t know, drafting Kenny in the first round? Lol
lol. Yup hiring circus prime would be perhaps the worst hire in NFL history

Mike’s qb throwing 2 picks ended up losing the game
Yes, Ben did not play his best. And there was the fumble from Tomlin's RB, too. And a missed FG by his kicker. Yes, McCarthy won that head-to-head super bowl against Tomlin but I would not say it was this awesome outcoaching job by McCarthy.

Reactions: PittPharm2002

You mean like lol Kirk Cousins?

Watching the game yesterday it seems Pittsburgh still has offensive line issues. Doesn’t really matter who your qb is if you can’t protect him. Look at some of the passes Cousins threw when the Steelers got in his face

Reactions: pittdan77
So the Steelers played basically the exact same gameplan as the last two years - meh QB play, tons of running volume but low productivity, 2-3 splash plays, and rely on your FG kicker - and barely beat a team whose QB was literally so immobile that he couldn't run a single play action play or get out of the tackle box. And yet the Steelers fans are thrilled and giving the QB all kinds of passes. That about right?

This game was a dead cat bounce. The Steelers are lucky they have another game against a terrible QB in Bo Nix next week and that Deshaun Watson is cooked / the Bengals are still monkeying around and not paying their best player. But this team has the look of 30-6 losses against the Cowboys, Eagles, and Chiefs.

Last edited:
Not so sure about this.
I kinda think he likes it here, and the Steelers like him.
Great athlete.
We have the OC to coach him up.
What is the hurry?
Russell Wilson isn’t the answer.
He's Kordell Mk. II. Fool's gold. They'll waste seasons drooling over his athletic gifts and wishing "if only he could..."

Yes, Ben did not play his best. And there was the fumble from Tomlin's RB, too. And a missed FG by his kicker. Yes, McCarthy won that head-to-head super bowl against Tomlin but I would not say it was this awesome outcoaching job by McCarthy.
McCarthy in Green Bay has one Super Bowl visit during a timeframe when Brady & Manning were in the AFC, played in the weakest division in the NFC so basically 6 easy wins per season, also lost a bunch of home playoffs games in supposedly the stadium with the biggest home field advantage, all while having a HOF level QB. In Dallas he's only won one playoff game against an 8-8 team, also has the luck of playing in the worst division in the NFC, with what the highest paid QB in the league.

Reactions: PittPharm2002
McCarthy in Green Bay has one Super Bowl visit during a timeframe when Brady & Manning were in the AFC, played in the weakest division in the NFC so basically 6 easy wins per season, also lost a bunch of home playoffs games in supposedly the stadium with the biggest home field advantage, all while having a HOF level QB. In Dallas he's only won one playoff game against an 8-8 team, also has the luck of playing in the worst division in the NFC, with what the highest paid QB in the league.
So many people want to dump on Prescott. He's not on Mahomes' level, but no one really is anyway, and there aren't many dudes capable of putting up the kind of numbers he's put up pretty consistently. I don't think numbers are everything, but they certainly mean *something*, and they're much better than most people realize. So when the team isn't winning bigger with a talent like that...you really have to look hard at the coaching.

I was told Kenny was bad because no touchdowns

I was promised touchdowns
You were also told Kenny was the man for the Stillers because he won some games despite mostly playing like $hit and having some of the worst numbers of any QB in the NFL.

Fields just did the same thing. Even swap. Only difference was, with Kenny, everybody blamed the OC, the HC and the rest of the offensive players for his struggles. There was a convenient excuse for everything. Looks like now, those same posters will just be blaming Fields--apparently even when he wins.

You were also told Kenny was the man for the Stillers because he won some games despite mostly playing like $hit and having some of the worst numbers of any QB in the NFL.

Fields just did the same thing. Even swap. Only difference was, with Kenny, everybody blamed the OC, the HC and the rest of the offensive players for his struggles. There was a convenient excuse for everything. Looks like now, those same posters will just be blaming Fields--apparently even when he wins.
Because the narrative is/was - the Steelers now have an NFL OC, an upgraded Oline, one of the best backfield combos in the AFC, and a budding superstar wide receiver, oh... and have you heard the coach has never had a losing season?

• Haha
Reactions: pittbb80
Because the narrative is/was - the Steelers now have an NFL OC, an upgraded Oline, one of the best backfield combos in the AFC, and a budding superstar wide receiver, oh... and have you heard the coach has never had a losing season?
The oline looks no different, the backfield is no different from last season, and they have the same budding superstar wide receiver they had last season.

Really the only change is the OC and on Sunday he seemed to be playing for field goals when they crossed the 50, and also blew at least two drives by trying trick plays that resulted in significant losses

Reactions: lilspainishflea
The oline looks no different, the backfield is no different from last season, and they have the same budding superstar wide receiver they had last season.

Really the only change is the OC and on Sunday he seemed to be playing for field goals when they crossed the 50, and also blew at least two drives by trying trick plays that resulted in significant losses
But oh...that's not what the Steelers faithful were saying - "The Khan Artist" making high Oline draft picks was brilliant, the quarterback room was much improved, the hiring of Arthur Smith was franchise changing - that's what the narrative is/was.

Last edited:
Reactions: Pitt8189
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT