ADVERTISEMENT

Lamont Wade

PittMan2003

Senior
Gold Member
Jan 29, 2016
Remember when he made some DBag comment after Ped St beat Pitt that he wasn't going to make a keychain as he was trying to chase a national championship? I wonder if he meant he was following their women's volleyball team who might have a chance at a national championship? His football team has been pretenders all along and never had a chance. Back to reality Ped State!

Remember when he made some DBag comment after Ped St beat Pitt that he wasn't going to make a keychain as he was trying to chase a national championship? I wonder if he meant he was following their women's volleyball team who might have a chance at a national championship? His football team has been pretenders all along and never had a chance. Back to reality Ped State!
Side note: PSU’s secondary has been pretty terrible the past two weeks.

I seem to recall that someone posted a video a while back of him chasing that championship up a telephone pole.

Wade was highly over rated out of HS, but he is a good player. Not sure he will be able to develop into a top corner with physical measurements. He is around 5-9 and that will present match up concerns. The lack of really good QB play at to NFL caliber QB's is why the Big Ten is a joke.

Reactions: daminals76
Wade was highly over rated out of HS, but he is a good player. Not sure he will be able to develop into a top corner with physical measurements. He is around 5-9 and that will present match up concerns. The lack of really good QB play at to NFL caliber QB's is why the Big Ten is a joke.
There aren't NFL caliber players on many P5 squads. The big ten is a joke because their recruiting base has dropped significantly and because they relied on reputation instead of results. Had Ohio State not lucked into Meyer, the reality would be much more harsh.

Reactions: case and omega
Wade has a classic case of little mans syndrome... his bark will always be louder than his bite.

Reactions: Pittnerski
Those kids from that catholic school in Altoona would always run them off the field.

And then their coach would go on a rant about how the refs screwed them out of the game. Which was especially funny last year when they called a ton more penalties against their opponent.

That school is actually a lot like Penn State. When they lose a game there's always some nefarious reason for the loss. It's never that the other guys were simply better.

Sanders should be playing now here.. but his mom took the improper benefits and went to Ped St.

he sure spent a lot of time here, still does was even at the NC State game. I think if not for his mom, and if Narduzzi/Chaney would have been in on him from the beginning instead of Chryst, he would have came here.

Sanders should be playing now here.. but his mom took the improper benefits and went to Ped St.

he sure spent a lot of time here, still does was even at the NC State game. I think if not for his mom, and if Narduzzi/Chaney would have been in on him from the beginning instead of Chryst, he would have came here.

His mom liked Franklin better. I know a friend of the family and that is what they said. Like him or not, James Franklin is an excellent recruiter, very personable, comes across very honest and trustworthy. In fact, a friend of the Wade family appreciated that Franklin told them that he will play but won't start. Narduzzi told them he'll start and they didn't believe him. For that and other reasons, they trusted Franklin more.

His mom liked Franklin better. I know a friend of the family and that is what they said. Like him or not, James Franklin is an excellent recruiter, very personable, comes across very honest and trustworthy. In fact, a friend of the Wade family appreciated that Franklin told them that he will play but won't start. Narduzzi told them he'll start and they didn't believe him. For that and other reasons, they trusted Franklin more.

His mom liked Franklin better. That's ok. Some people are smooth talkers and 'win' over others, just like salesmen do. But nobody can convince me that Narduzzi makes promises to 'start'. He may say that is a great opportunity to start. Narduzzi seems like a blue-collar guy, who fits Pittsburgh's culture, and many recruits have praised his honesty. Franklin, from what I've heard, is a great salesman and smooth talker, who can win people over. Maybe for some families, he is a role-model guy, and has ass'ts who also are good salesmen. A big thing for recruits and their families is finding a 'comfort zone'. Pitt and PSU have much different assets to sell within the program and location of campus. A recruit can pick who and what they want.

Reactions: PittMan 72
Just watch the teams and look at their rosters. He probably would be starting at pitt, or at least had his chance to win a job during camp. He actually would've had a chance to fight for a job at corner and safety. I'm not all that upset we didn't land him, just pointing out telling the kid he was gonna start wasn't some far fetched lie to get him here.

His mom liked Franklin better. That's ok. Some people are smooth talkers and 'win' over others, just like salesmen do. But nobody can convince me that Narduzzi makes promises to 'start'. He may say that is a great opportunity to start. Narduzzi seems like a blue-collar guy, who fits Pittsburgh's culture, and many recruits have praised his honesty. Franklin, from what I've heard, is a great salesman and smooth talker, who can win people over. Maybe for some families, he is a role-model guy, and has ass'ts who also are good salesmen. A big thing for recruits and their families is finding a 'comfort zone'. Pitt and PSU have much different assets to sell within the program and location of campus. A recruit can pick who and what they want.
IDK GT74, not all that implausible to think PN made or makes promises to start. You sure wouldn't think so based on what freshman we have or haven’t seen start, but if you can believe what some people state, ...?? Afterall, the Raines just stated that they felt Tony Gibson was the only one being truthful with them because he was the only one that told them he couldn’t guarantee Kwantel would start from day one or in his first year.

lamont_zps1oanibpz.png~original

So this is Wade and now Raines saying this? So easy solution for Narduzzi. Just tell kids you won't start and they will come here.

I could care less about Wade honestly, if you guys want to play the what if game play with Hudson. that dude is sick, literally all over the place. he would make this defense so much better if you went to pitt

I think of all locals who got away the ones to regret most will be Hudson and Jurkovec. But who knows with Hudson....Narduzzi seems to have a little of Wannstedt in him and plays a "scheme" and not able to modify to fit a hybrid like Hudson (or Raines)

I think of all locals who got away the ones to regret most will be Hudson and Jurkovec. But who knows with Hudson....Narduzzi seems to have a little of Wannstedt in him and plays a "scheme" and not able to modify to fit a hybrid like Hudson (or Raines)
No modification would be needed. Hudson is a perfect fit for Narduzzi's scheme at the star linebacker position. That's basically what he is at Michigan.

Silly post. Wanny (thanks to coaching under Jimmy Johnson?) LOVED hybrid safety/linebackers, and liked to put them at both outside linebacker positions. The middle linebacker was the only traditional thumper usually (and often had huge tackle statistics as part of the over scheme.) That whole "we ran faster" thing was mostly about that.

Narduzzi also loves hybrid players/adjusters, especially the star linebacker.

Every school wants them now.

So this is Wade and now Raines saying this? So easy solution for Narduzzi. Just tell kids you won't start and they will come here.

My thought based on what I hear and what I read is that Narduzzi is too aggressive and doesn't come across as "real" as guys like Franklin or Gibson. Perception is these families' reality, like it or not.

I wouldn't tell Narduzzi to be less aggressive. He seems like he'd do well in a living room but Franklin is on another level and has more to sell. Losing to Gibby is concerning though.

My thought based on what I hear and what I read is that Narduzzi is too aggressive and doesn't come across as "real" as guys like Franklin or Gibson. Perception is these families' reality, like it or not.

I wouldn't tell Narduzzi to be less aggressive. He seems like he'd do well in a living room but Franklin is on another level and has more to sell. Losing to Gibby is concerning though.
Other than Raines, who has Narduzzi lost to Gibson? Just about every local guy we get has a WVU offer, so it's not like they haven't tried.

Narduzzi can't pretend to be black either.

sources from whom you hear please...

I am sure matters a great deal to some players / families.

Is there any evidence black head coaches recruit better than white head coaches? Too many variables to look at with assistants, but I don't see any evidence of it. You look at the top 25 or so programs in recruiting in recent years, 2 or 3 have black head coaches (Oregon, Stanford, Penn State -- schools that also recruited well under their previous white head coaches) and the other 22 or 23 have white head coaches.

I'd like to see more diversity in the head coaching ranks in college football but I don't think there is any evidence it gives you an edge in recruiting battles. The top players are mostly concerned with their path to the NFL, which is more about the program/exposure than the cultural similarities you might or might not have to your boss.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT