ADVERTISEMENT

Looks Like Ga.Tech Wont Play This Week

poconopanther

Redshirt
Jul 5, 2001
they have a scheduled game with UCF and it iis being reported that because of Irma and the damage in the Orlando area it will be canceled. From a football standpoint does it help or hurt Pitt that the Jackets will be idle and we have to face a top ten team.

I'll go with help Pitt since two years ago I felt Navy playing an extra game before our bowl match up would help Pitt (xtra rest)... whoops it worked the opposite....

That's the best guess I have

The only risk to Pitt is of course injuries. If we come out unscathed, I can't see where growing as a team is a bad thing.

My unscientific observation is that our teams don't play well after a bye. So i hope that's true for them. Even if it's my imagination.

Seriously, I think if they were due to play a rival like Georgia the week before our game, but it got cancelled, it might be a disadvantage for us. Because perhaps they would have had a letdown against us if they had played. But a team like UCF, i don't see much difference whether the game happened or not (barring injuries of course).

It has to hurt them. Everyone is trying to get better as fast as possible early in the season. You only do that by playing games. No pre-season. No 40 hour work weeks like the pros. These are kids who are making lots of mistakes at this point. They seem to have a scheme that requires precision and timing. One dude's opinion.

Reactions: sibleyfan91
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT